TomTom GO LIVE 1005 (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
In case anyone is looking at buying one of these, 5 inch screen, Europe maps for 45 countries, twitter etc - Amazon have them discounted to £143.00

These normally sell around £240

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006NK5NOE/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=cheaphighstre-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B006NK5NOE[/ame]

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
That link brings up the product at the normal price and you need to click on the link below the item to see where amazon are selling it at the fantastic price you found.

This link 'should' take you straight there

Last edited by a moderator:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
That link brings up the product at the normal price and you need to click on the link below the item to see where amazon are selling it at the fantastic price you found.

This link 'should' take you straight there

"Usually dispatched within 1 - 2 months.":Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Detnor
May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Things move fast, when I looked this morning they were available on a 2 day delivery, the link must change as they move their prices.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Things move fast, when I looked this morning they were available on a 2 day delivery, the link must change as they move their prices.

The first review is pretty scathing.

The second is more like wriitten by Amazon or TomTom.

I remember the furore when it can out and TT were trying on a policy of "buy our POIs or forget it". Did they aver fix this ?

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Tomtom 1005

I bought three, two for family one for us.
In March it got hit with the server bug and was replaced, it was a bugger to get the replacement on my account. This one packed in in June in France, I rang TomTom, the service sounded plausible, we will do this that whatever.
The replacement took hours or calls and emails to get it onto my account and by last week i took my money back from Amazon and bough the new Garmin 2390, so far so good.
My dads 1005 has all the same problems.

Phil

Pigwam

Free Member
Jun 15, 2012
Chester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I see from a TomTom press release that this has been replaced in May 2012 with the 'TomTom Go Live Camper & Caravan' which is based on the TomTom Go 1005 Live, which may explain why Amazon is out of stock.

although tomtom still list it in production bit strange

Last edited:
OP
OP
Detnor
May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
As a bit of follow up
I purchased the £143 tomtom 1005 satnav on Sunday and it arrived Tuesday from Amazon. There seemed to be a lot of negative publicity on the web, but as someone who bought a Fiat based van from Brownhills, it appears I like to take risks. ::bigsmile:

It worked straight out of the box, and with the very basic leaflets included, I downloaded the tomtom software and then let it sort out the updates. Start to finish was 50 minutes, that included downloading the latest maps.

Having spent another 30 minutes trying to do things, I simply goggled each question I had, found the answers and made the changes. Last thing was to upload some points of interest, thanks to google, I found the community content button and put a couple of sets on to try. (loads of memory available). Google seemed to work ok but only briefly tried it.

It got me to work this morning, not sure I needed to know the weather at the office, but the traffic info was correct.

Next step to load more poi's and see if it keeps going.

It is different to my 7 year old tomtom that has taken me all over Europe with only one hiccup when it got very hot, but time will tell.

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
I have the 1000 eu model (smaller screen but the same unit otherwise) and I haven't bothered with poi files.

I'm hoping that when I need to find a "whatever" that the google local search will be better.

On the two occasions I've done that it worked very well.

Perhaps abroad that may be less useful (not sure if the local search works outside of uk) but whilst in blighty it should be an easier and more up to date service.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well, as Bryan is aware, I purchased the smaller screen one directly from Bryan who had two on order due to a delivery mix up.

Twice the Google page has got me out of trouble but on many more occasions the 'live' traffic has saved my bacon long before I got to the problem.

Brilliant bit of kit, though as yet I've not downloaded any POI's...........Griff
:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have the 1000 eu model (smaller screen but the same unit otherwise) and I haven't bothered with poi files.

I'm hoping that when I need to find a "whatever" that the google local search will be better.

On the two occasions I've done that it worked very well.

Perhaps abroad that may be less useful [HI](not sure if the local search works outside of uk) [/HI]but whilst in blighty it should be an easier and more up to date service.

It most certainly does work outside the UK Bryan... :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I bought an XXL TomTom and I cant find the activation code, sent no end of messages, am getting there.

My old TomTom works ok, but I was hoping to get the more up to data map, apparently, you dont get free upgrades for a year, only within 30 days of purchase, if a new map has been released..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back