Free Member
May 5, 2008
cheshunt herts
Funster No
MH
20012 tribute t-625
Exp
2003=11years
we bought a new motorhome delivery 1st march 2012.its a TRIBUTE 625 made by AUTOTRAIL we had extras added, and we are well in love with the van::bigsmile: EXCEPT, we have returned to the dealer 4 times [at present] and have to return again:Doh: as this fault has not been fixed yet, THE FAULT = THE DECALS ARE PEELING OFF.:ROFLMAO: this involves a 50 mile round trip [around the M25 with holdups most times going and returns] and waiting on site 2-3 hours, while they fix them, then its "THEY":ROFLMAO: have sent wrong colour/side/ shape etc.:Doh:
so i asked WHO is going to pay for all my diesel this is a joke, reply" your warranty says you have to deliver the van to us for repairs sorry " :ROFLMAO:
COULD ANYONE ADVISE :cry:
thanks george :Doh:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I'm in the same boat as you, with an Autotrail Comanche, regarding backwards and forwards to the dealers. It's a pain in the a**e and the "joke" is wearing thin.
Only had it (new) for three weeks and been back four times.
A forty mile round trip. We have managed to use it for five days so far.
It's in at the Fiat garage on Monday so they can have a look at the judder in reverse.

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
we bought a new motorhome delivery 1st march 2012.its a TRIBUTE 625 made by AUTOTRAIL we had extras added, and we are well in love with the van::bigsmile: EXCEPT, we have returned to the dealer 4 times [at present] and have to return again:Doh: as this fault has not been fixed yet, THE FAULT = THE DECALS ARE PEELING OFF.:ROFLMAO: this involves a 50 mile round trip [around the M25 with holdups most times going and returns] and waiting on site 2-3 hours, while they fix them, then its "THEY":ROFLMAO: have sent wrong colour/side/ shape etc.:Doh:
so i asked WHO is going to pay for all my diesel this is a joke, reply" your warranty says you have to deliver the van to us for repairs sorry " :ROFLMAO:
COULD ANYONE ADVISE :cry:
thanks george :Doh:

Might I suggest telephoning first to check that "THEY" have sent the right colour/side/shape next time?:Smile:

Regarding the fuel, try asking the manager if he can compensate you with some accessories (much more likely than cash) or do you need to write to head office to explain so that they can look into compensating you?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Like Bryan says :thumb: You could seek legal advise about rejecting the van but that is a long road to go down which I would not bother:Doh:It upsets both the dealer and maker and you will have paid for a van that you cannot use :Eeek:
You could always drive it through the showroom window ::bigsmile:
terrry

Deleted User
Hi cuddlyduddly

I think your case highlights one of the big problems with the motorhome/ caravan industry, how worthless warranties are if you have to travel long distances to have any work carried out. Dealers have a very extensive network of dealerships you should be able to go to any one of them to have warranty work carried out as you can if you buy a car. Dealers don,t want to know if you did,nt buy from them.
A lesson learnt is perhaps buy from your closest dealer, the cheapest deal is not always the best.

spongy

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Spongy makes a good point about distance. In our case our closest dealer is about 10 miles away but otherwise it's a 30 mile trip to Catterick or a 40 odd mile trip to Tyneside.

If a contract says the customer is responsible for delivering the van for repairs then fair enough - so long as the dealer has ensured that the correct parts are on hand at the agreed time. If the dealer (or their supplier) fails to have the correct parts ready (i.e. job cannot be done through no fault of the customer) then surely it is only equitable that the dealer should pick up the costs of the customer's wasted trip, no matter what the warranty says.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
The reason i now have an Adria motorhome is the absolute crap customer service and care from Autotrail. Will never touch one again. I have somewhere the contact details of the CEO if you want them to harrass him as i frequently did. Did not overly help me get better service but at least i felt a little better that i had given him some grief. Not that they care. If you want the contact details pm me and ill dig em out...

OP
OP
C

cudleydudley

Free Member
May 5, 2008
cheshunt herts
Funster No
MH
20012 tribute t-625
Exp
2003=11years
thanks for replys "BUT"

BRIAN, when i go to the dealer they photograph the rolling off decals, i then have to wait for them to come in, then THEY RING ME "the decal's are in", my ? = right ones this time, answer = we sent the photo so, should be :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:: sorry you know we took the photo etc, but they = auto-trail will not send a full set so we can get it right, the young lady who is in this section dont deserve my verbal i give her, but the salesman who sold me the m/home is always on holiday/delivery/ or sick,
i feel completely helpless,do anyone how i can get some payback ????:Doh:
George :helpsos:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
My view is that decals coming off and reverse judder are different problems and require a different level of dealer participation. The decals could be pre-checked and only one trip should be required.
If I had Reverse Judder on a new van then I would not be using the van and I would be looking for a refund. Or at your discretion a replacement.:Eeek:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We've got a Tribute 625 as well. No problem with the decals but the window rubbers have stuck especially around the kitchen window which actually ripped and stuck to the window! Which dealer is it?

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I like Terry's idea myself - self help

BRIAN, when i go to the dealer they photograph the rolling off decals, i then have to wait for them to come in, then THEY RING ME "the decal's are in", my ? = right ones this time, answer = we sent the photo so, should be :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:: sorry you know we took the photo etc, but they = auto-trail will not send a full set so we can get it right, the young lady who is in this section dont deserve my verbal i give her, but the salesman who sold me the m/home is always on holiday/delivery/ or sick,
i feel completely helpless,do anyone how i can get some payback ????:Doh:
George :helpsos:

Did I really say that in the heading:Blush: I like self help, the courts like self help.. but no I am not saying doing what Terry says about driving through the showroom window... Now I always liked the farmer that muck spread all over a bank a few years back.. but he got sent down for it... but I bet he enjoyed doing it.

Rejecting the goods is not easy, but it can be done. There are one or two member son this site that have done it.

Remember a contract has to comply with the 'unfair contract terms act' so a repeated return to get warranty work done may well allow for that issue to be explored. certainly worth a punt as and when you have got the graphics sorted... send them a bill for all the wasted journeys, if they will not pay take it in to the small claims court.. you would get a fair hearing from a district judge ... but the company may well want to resole the issue before that stage once you indicate you will do that.. it is very very easy to do..(I hate that as a lawyer .. means we do not earn as much money).

It is your call... your petrol money..... me I would soon run them in to court and get compensation. Sounds as if there is a faulty process going on as there is a few with this issue.. if that is the case and it can be shown to be so, then you have an excellent case.

Bob

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Did I really say that in the heading:Blush: I like self help, the courts like self help.. but no I am not saying doing what Terry says about driving through the showroom window... Now I always liked the farmer that muck spread all over a bank a few years back.. but he got sent down for it... but I bet he enjoyed doing it.

Rejecting the goods is not easy, but it can be done. There are one or two member son this site that have done it.

Remember a contract has to comply with the 'unfair contract terms act' so a repeated return to get warranty work done may well allow for that issue to be explored. certainly worth a punt as and when you have got the graphics sorted... send them a bill for all the wasted journeys, if they will not pay take it in to the small claims court.. you would get a fair hearing from a district judge ... but the company may well want to resole the issue before that stage once you indicate you will do that.. it is very very easy to do..(I hate that as a lawyer .. means we do not earn as much money).

It is your call... your petrol money..... me I would soon run them in to court and get compensation. Sounds as if there is a faulty process going on as there is a few with this issue.. if that is the case and it can be shown to be so, then you have an excellent case.

Bob
I am one that had a complete refund on a new vehicle, then at my discretion I opted for a replacement. This took some months to be manufactured so I had the loan of another new van with different speck until mine was delivered. So it can be done.
I would think that the company being fully aware of the reverse judder problem for a number of years yet still knowingly selling a vehicle with this same problem would be reason enough to reject the vehicle. But I aint no lawyer.:winky:

Apr 1, 2012
Sarratt, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
I had similar issues with a car and was back and forth to the dealer a number of times. In the end, I waited until they were busy on a Saturday morning and had a very loud conversation with the receptionist venting my frustration at the ongoing issues.

With all the noise I was making and now having the full attention of all the potential customers in the showroom, the Sales Manager and Dealer Principal were suddenly available to help resolve all my issues! I was offered a loan vehicle whilst mine was being rectified but unfortunately in this day and age if you are too polite you simply get fobbed off. I had to get stroppy with them before they started taking things seriously.

Don't be nice, they already have your money, why should your enjoyment of the item you've purchased be ruined by quality defects that should have been sorted before being sold.

Best of luck for a speedy resolution.

Rich

Last edited:

spireite

Free Member
Jun 21, 2012
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
newbe
Consumer rights

I too have had issues with an Autotrail Apache 700 se, but not to the extent you have, I have seen some advice you have recieved,,,however
this is a bit long winded but :
The Sale of Goods Act 1979, amended in 1994, says that when you buy goods from a trader they must correspond with the description, be of satisfactory quality - which includes lasting a reasonable length of time - and be fit for the purpose. If the goods aren't of 'satisfactory quality', you're entitled to claim your money back or to claim compensation, which is normally the cost of repairs. This lasts for up to six years after you bought the goods - five years in Scotland. The retailer, not the manufacturer, is legally obliged to sort out the problem if the goods don't meet these requirements.
kick ass:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back