Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Well that was the choice...

North to the NW coast of Scotland, or South to Devon... both about the same mileage :thumb: :thumbdown::thumb::thumbdown:

The weather forecast for the next 7 or 10 days looks a bit "variable" in both directions.:rain::sin:

So decision made, Scotland it is, the scenery is brilliant, even when the weather is not so brilliant....

Just hope the sun shines from time to time...

Fingers crossed....... already looking forward to some "square slice" sausage for breakfast....:thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Go for it !!

Splash out on the ferry fare Uig to Tarbert on the Isle of Lewis/Harris !! I will be making my way up there on Monday !!
See my post on the "Wildcamping and Stress" that some one else put on !!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Callum
We are going to Ayr and Breamar on Monday via Beamish likewise we hope for a bit of good weather, we did Devon and Cornwall this time last year the trip and weather were great. Pete :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We have the same predicament as you and Dianne next week .
We have had our main abroad holiday this year , so we want to do 2 weeks in the UK with the 3 kids and 2 dogs.
We planned on doing Southern Wales and Devon , but could just as easily do IOW , Scotland , Northumberland , East coast. We haven't got anything booked.

I think we will chase the sun , or run away from the hurricanes :ROFLMAO:

What ever you decide to do , enjoy.
Just try and avoid car boot sales , or you will have no room left , at home or in the motorhome , because of all the toys :winky:

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
we have just booked proctor steads in craster, northumberland monday and tuesday next week if anyone passing :)

Lea xx

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Looks like there is going to be a few of us there then, have to keep an eye open for stickers and flags:Smile:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I think this time of year yes ,go north --The M5 down here is bunged up all the time -car parks/sites are full.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Well that was the choice...

North to the NW coast of Scotland, or South to Devon... both about the same mileage :thumb: :thumbdown::thumb::thumbdown:

The weather forecast for the next 7 or 10 days looks a bit "variable" in both directions.:rain::sin:

[HI]
So decision made, Scotland it is, the scenery is brilliant, even when the weather is not so brilliant....
[/HI]
Just hope the sun shines from time to time...

Fingers crossed....... already looking forward to some "square slice" sausage for breakfast....:thumb:

Wrong choice its absolutely pouring with rain - turn round and go to France.

Norman

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back