Observations on Bexhill-on-Sea (1 Viewer)

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Had a walk along the far end of the front at Bexhill on Sea in East Sussex yesterday.
Its quite popular with Motorhomes at the moment as you can park next to the sea for free.
I noticed two newish motorhomes there both the same surrounded by litter kids toys chairs washing lines which spread all over the promenade... the occupants of these motorhomes had a strange Irish accent and were making a right mess of the area.
Chatting to a few of the other motorhomers I was told that these folk had been there for 6 weeks and were causing a problem with the local community.

One hardened motorhomer pointed out how everyone else parked up there was keeping things clean and tidy disposing of waste in the proper manner
and moving on after a short shop.
he thought it was just a matter of time now till the whole thing will be stopped by the local authorities.

Very sad that once again the small minority spoil it for the majority.
And interesting that certain folks who you would have thought lived in caravans have moved into motorhomes.

barry

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Bexhill

Had a walk along the far end of the front at Bexhill on Sea in East Sussex yesterday.
Its quite popular with Motorhomes at the moment as you can park next to the sea for free.
I noticed two newish motorhomes there both the same surrounded by litter kids toys chairs washing lines which spread all over the promenade... the occupants of these motorhomes had a strange Irish accent and were making a right mess of the area.
Chatting to a few of the other motorhomers I was told that these folk had been there for 6 weeks and were causing a problem with the local community.

One hardened motorhomer pointed out how everyone else parked up there was keeping things clean and tidy disposing of waste in the proper manner
and moving on after a short shop.
he thought it was just a matter of time now till the whole thing will be stopped by the local authorities.

Very sad that once again the small minority spoil it for the majority.
And interesting that certain folks who you would have thought lived in caravans have moved into motorhomes.

barry

Sad that just two inconsiderate motorhomers may well spoil it for the others who were, as you witnessed, being considerate/responsible. Rather than ban all motor homers, I wonder if the local authorities might consider simply imposing a time limit as is applied to many street parking bays, That might be some way towards a solution to the particular type of motor homers who are creating a problem.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We drove past an obvious ( to us :Blush:) gypsy camp a couple of weeks ago on our way back from Hawes.
We spotted 4 motorhomes in the group of nine , the rest caravans . They were parked up on a quiet lay-by set back with washing lines , kids paddling pool , bikes rubbish, tipper pick ups with gardening things on the back etc.
We said at the time that we thought it unusual , but it seems not.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back