Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Can i ask how many of you have been to sites or seen adverts for sites that charge an administration fee on top of the usual charges?
I have just been having a look at sites near Poole and have come across one that charges £2.00 administration fee per booking in addition to your camping charges, their camping fees are no cheaper than others, and it looks a nice site but........
they also have a minimum number nights of stay, set deposit amount on booking.

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've never seen a camp site that charges an admin fee but plenty of ticket booking sites have such a charge.

So long as all the charges are specified up front I don't mind because I can then make a vfm judgement. It's when they get added at the checkout (same thing with delivery charges in some cases) that I get annoyed.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Never had a admin charge but i have noticed most online booking forms say "no vacancies" ---when i am after 1 or 2 nights only.
I ring them direct and can book in no problem, then turn up to a semi deserted site :Eeek:
They need to adjust the online forms i think :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Never had a admin charge but i have noticed most online booking forms say "no vacancies" ---when i am after 1 or 2 nights only.
I ring them direct and can book in no problem, then turn up to a semi deserted site :Eeek:
They need to adjust the online forms i think :thumb:

The trouble with some businesses (not just camp sites) is that they set up a web site because they think they have to and don't give a thought to the staffing needed to maintain it properly.

OP
OP
chatter

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
You've two choices, pay up or moan and see if they back down.

With the disastrous "summer" can they afford to turn anyone away ?

It was a question not a moan, i was researching the area ready for mum wanting to go down that way again for a holiday and thought for a change i would use the van rather than book accommodation somewhere, but i wondered if others had come across admin fees in relation to campsites and whether this would be the new norm with campsite bookings in the future.

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Admin

I was charged £2 admin fee per night on C&CC Forest Site in the New Forest for not booking 3 nights in one block so we only stayed the one night and have not been back
Alan

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
An admin fee? For what? Just for the privilege of letting you book with them? Where do they come up with these ideas? :Eeek:

Not run by a chap named Ryan, by any chance?

Wyn

Last edited:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We were charged admin in one camp site we went to, cant remember the name but we were not impressed either, it was somewhere in the west country, we liked the area so paid up , we did ask why and they just said it was their policy to charge admin!!

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I don`t understand what a "admin fee" is about --another earner i suppose.
Maybe a fee for advise from a receptionist next?
or a fee for a guide to show you to a pitch?
They should include it all in the pitch price ,not hide it under extras.
If i turn up at one and they add it on , i`ll drive to the next one:Angry:

Wonder what would happen if supermarkets started a admin fee?--:ROFLMAO:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Payment of a non-refundable 'booking fee' appears to be the norm in France for anybody wanting to make an advance reservation. :Sad:

Complete cheek if you ask me, but then we don't make advance bookings when touring with the van. :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If it is declared up front, so be it.. It is , after all, just another way of bumping up the price while seemingly offering a good nightly price.. and if you are aware.. well, as said, so be it..

However, if you are presented with a bill for something extra as you leave, do as I did to a builder a while ago..

No point in going in to details but there were several items on the bill that had not been agreed upon.

I presented him with a counter - invoice itemising all the teas he had had, and his use of the 'facilities'

he went ballistic while I calmly said I was sorry if he thought such things were free.. In fact just as sorry as I was that the stuff he had itemised was not included in the original quote

I HATE rip offs !!

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
The worst charge I came across was having given £5 for the barrier card, when on redeeming it only had £4 back and they said it was for the electric for opening of the barriers.
We didnt use this site as we read it on a review and never went there.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
If you book at one of the two Paris campsites (Bois de Boulogne or Paris Est at Champigny) there is a booking fee - €20 for Boulogne and €10 for Est. I think this is in effect a deposit rather than an admin charge. We have used both sites but have arrived on spec without a booking and not been asked to pay it.

Link Removed

Link Removed

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
Admin fee

Our local odean cinema used to charge a admin fee, even for a debit card
However sales must have fallen as they have now cancelled it.
PEOPLE POWER WINS AGAIN :thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Admin fees are just another way of getting more money
welcome to rip off Britian

wild camp it is much cheaper :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ok who will invite me to solo group??

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Maggie

I have noticed it more on sites abroad when we had the caravan we had to pay it one year as we where going to a site with friends, now we have the mh we dont book when abroad so no worries. We did try and book a site online last summer in France the day before so we would be assured a pitch website wanted an admin charge so we just turned up got the pitch and saved money happy holidays.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back