Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Just want to say a big thank you to Chris for arranging and allowing us all to come along to yet another fantastic weekend for the Village Gala.

The entertainment has been fabulous, gutted thou that the Roast Hog ran out on both days!!

Met up with some lovely new funsters, and always lovely to see the older ones!

The weather was superb, the company was superb. It was an all round win win fab weekend. Literally win win, as Our Funster Boys won the Tug O War, so thank you to you boys: Chris (FreelanderUK) Dave (Manda3000gt) Jeff (The Stig) Shaun (12Volt) Rhys (12Volt) Callum (Callumwa) Paul (Pablomc) Ralph (RalphnBev)
and the generous cheering (which is what really did it)
So, we have one trophy in the cabinet, and really looking forward to next year. Perhaps we can get the lads some team T-shirts. Go Funsters...
and some rah rah skirts for the cheer leaders, can just see Sandy (Loujess) in one now!
Oh and also some great entertainment from Shaun (12volt) for his very own version of Bingo. Priceless!!!

thanks again guys, you are all stars!

xxx :thumb:

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
we are now home and just had a beer with Kieth and his family and most of their tug of war team, and to say they are gutted that they lost is an understatement ,well done team funsters ::bigsmile: champions for a year

thank you to all that turned up, its you people that make these meets what they are :thumb::thumb:

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Great weekend. Thanks Chris et all. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Thanks Chris for a great weekend.
Nice to see such a small place really knows how to throw a party.
Stig has said it all. Good weekend with good company and new,Go to defend next year.
Brilliant performance by the TOW team. Well done, guys.

May 6, 2010
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Exp
April 2010
Thanks again Chris for a great weekend :thumb:
I'm sure the team will keep up the intensive training on the Funster weekends over the next year, bacon butties BBQ's & plenty of ale ::bigsmile:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
What a great weekend, great weather, great folks and of course such great FUN......

Big big thanks to Chris for all his super efforts .......:thumb:

And the Funsters "Allstars Funstars" team are now the official undefeated World, Olympic, oh, and Saltfleet Gala, Tug of War Champions.....:thumb::thumb:

Here's to next year, and the defence of our title.........::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Thanks Chris for organizing a fantastic meet. Saltfleet really know how to throw a party. :party2: Put us down for next year please.
It was great to meet lots of new , and old friends. The weather was gorgeous and the stars were amazing on Friday night , there were billions of them. The clear skies and no light pollution had us laying outside the motorhome staring up to the Heavens . Looking at the galaxy's and counting shooting stars.
PS do anyone else in the tug of war team have rope burns , Ralph has a couple of corkers under his arm :roflmto:

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks Chris for organizing a fantastic meet. Saltfleet really know how to throw a party. :party2: Put us down for next year please.
It was great to meet lots of new , and old friends. The weather was gorgeous and the stars were amazing on Friday night , there were billions of them. The clear skies and no light pollution had us laying outside the motorhome staring up to the Heavens . Looking at the galaxy's and counting shooting stars.
PS do anyone else in the tug of war team have rope burns , Ralph has a couple of corkers under his arm :roflmto:

Are you sure it's from tug o war bev, thought I saw you reading 50 shades!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
I think the tug of war team had been practising 50 shades.........very rhythmic they were.

However I did hear some of the lady supporters muttering under their breath.........shame they can't last as long at other things ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
As all ready been said, what a great weekend, had lot's of drink, food and FUN
Our boys did good in the Tug of War game and of course they WON!!
Music on Saturday night and Sunday was brill.
put us down for next year Chris:thumb:

UncleNorm

Free Member
Jan 10, 2012
NE Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
coach-built
Exp
Since 1999
Just home from Saltfleet, only 3 left when AuntieSandra and I departed. We had a splendid weekend and wish to thank all those involved in the organisation, especially Chris. Well done also to the tug-o'-war team.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Dear Chris

I wish to complain in no uncertain terms.

My plans for the weekend were totally destroyed. I am convinced that Sue Barker was parked up just outside Lincoln, with that bazooka, that was the cause of my blowout.
When I got there, I was placed downwind of Sundance Flatcap.

My Alcohol free and cholesterol free diet went down the pan and to cap it all Pinkie turned up, even thought I had sent him directions to a Temperance Society gathering in West Bromwich.

Sandy, failed to win my art work and insisted on trying to climb Hadrian’s wall, at every moment in time, the very instant I sat down to have my organic free range lettuce salad on Organic bread who would turn up Chris, whistling the theme tune from Popeye.
"Eating again are we Shifty?" Was the question?
No I am not, I am looking after it for Callum Mwah (actually that sounds better than Hello Sailor)

Would I risk going that far North again, having forgotten to take any anti malaria and anti altitude sickness pills?

Too right I would, I enjoyed Misterton and this was no different, the people who attended were brill, impromptu unplanned BBQ (even kept me back some liver). I only wished I have known that Grimsby/Cleethorpes was the origin of Paella, next time, I will try and avoid being kidnapped and forced to go to the pub.
I am going to stay near Andrea and her magic spatula. Her bacon and Eggs are something to look forward to, to put it in a nutshell, its ½ a sucking pig (organic), two free range eggs and that’s about as good as you can get.

Would I go again?

Yep, try and keep me away, it was a delight, beaten only by Sundance haggling over a second hand porta potty, but, that’s another story.

A big thanks and an ever bigger KISS to Chris, mien host and a decent bloke, THANKS, We will be back..

Last edited:

motomike

Free Member
May 2, 2012
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
since 2008
Just like to add my thanks as well...first meet for me, won't be the last.
Ruby the killer dog was greatfull for the sheep fleece and blanket on Saturday eve outside the beer tent...was a little chilly, wasn't it? But the days were fab...sunny and warm. And I got first dips on the hog roast...Ruby got the crackling.

Cheer muchly MikeM

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
a few photos of the field

Beer Tent
Setting up
across to the motorhomes
across to the motorhomes
car boot
the stage
sunset friday night

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks for the brilliant weekend Chris, it was even better than last year! and you managed to book fantastic weather to cap it all.

Thanks for your support and sorry we managed to win the line and full house at the Bingo! well we aren't really.

A great time Kris, it a shame you cant organise more rallies.

Ginny and Mike

CURLYCORNFLAKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2009
North of Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Just got Home

Hahahaha what a great weekend just got home leaving Saltfleet in blue skies and sunshine to arriving home to black skies .What a great village only about 5/600 people but what a do they put on, and we were camped with the action. Great organisation Chris superb hope to be back next year.

cheers and thanks Chris

Herb and Sheila

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We got back home just after 3pm having had a great time at Saltfleet, so many thanks to Chris for organising it and to those who attended for their great company.

Also apologies for not managing to keep Hiilda muzzled 24/7 :roflmto:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I can't say anything original here but just a really big thank you for a lovely weekend. It's the best we've had so far this year and we'll defo be back next year. Lovely weekend, lovely people, lovely village; in fact it was all b----y lovely. Thanks Chris. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Thanks Chris for a fab weekend

Finally home and thoroughly enjoyed it ..... Put us down again for next year hopefully will be up for dancing on the tables by then :)

Highlight of weekend was def tug of war.... Paul has an impressive bruise under his arm.... Anyone else suffering lol ...

Hope to see u all soon

Lea,Paul,Ben and Maxy x

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Chris

What more can we say - the secret of Saltfleet is out :Sad:. Its the best field we've ever pitched on, and the Gala Committee really do go the extra mile with the arrangements. A beer tent where you can take your own in :thumb:

We had our usual Cadac meals with a Friday seafood paella from Shaun, (aka you've been tangoed), Saturday BBQ from Jeff and Andrea and Sunday breakfasts from Paul and Leanne.

Another belting sunny weekend was had by all.

Numbers limited next year - book early to avoid dissapointment :ROFLMAO:

THANKS AGAIN CHRIS & CHRIS

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
JIM

GLAD TO SEE YOU'VE CREATED A SALTFLEET PHOTOS FOLDER.
TA VERY MUCHLY :thumb:

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
A big thank you chris

lovely place. Lovely people. Lovely time. Lovely weather. Lovely photos.

In a nutshell it was a lovely weekend.

Anne & malc

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Well its all been said. Was a truely great weekend. Thanks to Chris for organising for us all to attend. Always good to meet new people.
Kath ::bigsmile:

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
wow, that looked a great meet, will have to look out for this one next year..
could someone pop me on the list and give me a reminder please?:thumb:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
I said thank you to all your great work on the original thread Chris, but I will say it again.....thanks ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back