Help! What Sat receiver and dish for Portugal (1 Viewer)

bullrush

Free Member
Aug 11, 2012
gosport
Funster No
MH
Rapido c class
Exp
20 yrs
Being a compleat novice with satellite tv I was hoping to get a system with a magnetic or suction mount for use in north spain and Portugal. I think that the Astra 2 system seems to be best but what receiver do I get and is it an easy thing to set up. Not knowing a thing about it would it be possible to have 2 dishes maybe a smaller one for use in north France and a larger one for father afield. Can any one suggest a system to buy below £300......Ta Folks

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Thats a tall order, you will need a good size dish fot astra 2 that far down. Also a dish and receiver for 300.
Have lookat this on google Arcon multi 57cm... i use one on a tripod and have had very strong signals down to the spanish border, have not been into spain withit. I also use an old sky box and my sky card ( also got a sky freeview card for 25.00 from sky. Thay way you get your regional tv whenever you pick up the astra 2 sat. I also use a good quality sat finder saves on the blood pressure :) there is also an aps for a smart phone which will guide you to the position of the satellite.

Hope this helps:thumb:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
This should do the trick!
:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• jodrell-bank-summer.jpg
    jodrell-bank-summer.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 11

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Your going to really struggle getting any signal from sky in Portugal from any dish that you would be happy carrying in a motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Astra 2A and Asra 2B carry a number of free and Sky Pay channels on north and south beams. The north beams can be tricky to receive, the south beams nice and easy.

For example, Eurosport 1 is on a south beam and easy to receive on 80cm dishes in Spain and Portugal.
Eurosport 2 is on a north beam, and in areas of Spain may not be available 24/7 on 2.4m dishes.

BBC ITV C4 and Fives are currently, albeit temporarily, on Astra 1N - its located in the same place as 2a and 2B so no need to change the dish alignments! When these channels were on their previous satellite, 2d, some channels were not available even on 2.4m dishes. Now they are on 1N, then in most of Spain you can get them on a 80cm or 1m or smaller dish depending where exactly you are.

So yes you will get channels.
But maybe not the channels you want.

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Road pro

I'd get in touch with Roadpro for advice. I bought a system from them 6 yrs ago and still very pleased with it. Manage to get news and sport as far south as Almeria

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back