LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Well I have tried to post this for the last half hour, but we are Jim & Sian's Red Kite site, and every time I go to type a pair of Red Kites are soaring overhead and of course I have to get the bino's and have a look, also overhead a quite regularly a pair of Buzzards, yesterday was beautiful here with the sun shining and stunning views, today the sun is slowly coming through but it is just so peaceful here we are enjoying just chilling and watching the Birds above us. Tomorrow we are off to Haverfordwest for the County Show, then on to Malvern, but what a way to start our trip.

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Tomorrow we are off to Haverfordwest for the County Show, then on to Malvern, but what a way to start our trip.

I shall see you in Haverfordwest then.
I've got the gin on ice already.

Cheers

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We have a few red kites up in the North East. Mostly we see them when walking the dog on the Derwent Walk.
Link Removed
Hope to see more in wales after the Malvern Show :Smile:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
On a more serious note than my previous reply, which I just couldn't resist, I am convinced that I saw a pair of red kites earlier in the year. They could be seen occasionally wheeling overhead and I wondered whether they may be taking up residence in the small area of overgrown/wooded land nearby.

Now I am no ornithologist but they did look like kites to me.

The odd thing is that rather than the beautiful rural area where kites are now thriving, I live in the heart of the midlands, in part of the Birmingham/Black Country conurbation. Is this likely or did I imagine it?

Wyn

Last edited:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
On a more serious note than my previous reply, which I just couldn't resist, I am convinced that I saw a pair of red kites earlier in the year. They could be seen occasionally wheeling overhead and I wondered whether they may be taking up residence in the small area of overgrown/wooded land nearby.

The odd thing is that rather than the beautiful rural area where kites are now thriving, I live in the heart of the midlands, in part of the Birmingham/Black Country conurbation. Is this likely or did I imagine it?

Wyn

Red Kites have been seen around Birmingham so I don't think that you imagined it.
They are scavengers so they have been seen in and around urban areas feeding on carrion.

Pete:Cool:

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)

Wyn

Listen out for a sound a bit like a man whistleing a dog when they are overhead they have been doing it as they fly over here. Been really restful here watching them. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back