Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Good morning, does anyone know where we can wild camp near Malvern on wednesday night?

Yes I do...

There is a car park in Upton on Seven which allows overnight parking for a small fee. It has loos and there are usually campers there the night before a show at Malvern.

If you go across the bridge (towards the town) and turn right (along the river) the car park is on the left.

JJ :Cool:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
There is a car park in Upton on Seven which allows overnight parking for a small fee. It has loos and there are usually campers there the night before a show at Malvern.

If that's the one by the petrol station, then overnight parking is no longer allowed. Whether that rule is ignored or enforced is another matter.

Actually, if I remember the information on the payment machine correctly when I last stopped there back in 2011, parking between 1 and 2 am is not allowed, which seems like an odd way of implementing the ban.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You could be right Neil but maybe I am thinking of a different car park... Mine is by the re-cycling centre... It used to have campers and some lorries.

I might well have arrived after 2am anyway!

JJ

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
That's the car park....Hanley Road...with the recycling center at the back. I was heading up to the Midlands today so I stopped there to make sure I wasn't talking rubbish....again!

HGV and coaches can stay overnight.

"Cars"....they don't mention any other type of vehicle....cannot park between 4 - 5am.

Having said that...there was an old campervan with its curtains drawn when I arrived late morning....could have been there all night.

Attachments

• STA71528 (800x514).jpg
    STA71528 (800x514).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 20
  • STA71529 (800x600).jpg
    STA71529 (800x600).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 22
  • STA71530 (800x607).jpg
    STA71530 (800x607).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 21

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
That's the car park....Hanley Road...with the recycling center at the back. I was heading up to the Midlands today so I stopped there to make sure I wasn't talking rubbish....again!

HGV and coaches can stay overnight.

"Cars"....they don't mention any other type of vehicle....cannot park between 4 - 5am.

Having said that...there was an old campervan with its curtains drawn when I arrived late morning....could have been there all night.
Well Neil...

If instead of your toy camper you had a rufty-tufty motorhome like mine.... (4.5 ton) you could claim HGV rights!

Seriously for a moment though... Each to his own of course but I have stopped there for a kip several times pre Malvern along with other vans and never any problems...

JJ

JJ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
In case anyone comes across this thread in the future, I thought it was worth linking to Andy's (UKMotorhomes) post about future changes at Hanley Road car park:

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back