maggio

Free Member
Jul 5, 2012
limousin
Funster No
MH
challenger
Exp
Hi All, we are planning to spend winter in Spain, probably around malaga. Is it worth taking a Humax box? the campervan has a fitted dish for the reception of French Tv on astra 1. If i swap the french decoder for the Humax, am I likely to receive uk channels???

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
It all depends on the size of your dish, larger the better, some sites have plug in tv have a check before you book. Pete :thumb:

OP
OP
M

maggio

Free Member
Jul 5, 2012
limousin
Funster No
MH
challenger
Exp
thx

Thanks pete. I believe the site does have plug in Tv; do i need to take a co-ax cable along with the humex box or is it likely that reception will be via the internet?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Hi All, we are planning to spend winter in Spain, probably around malaga. Is it worth taking a Humax box? the campervan has a fitted dish for the reception of French Tv on astra 1. If i swap the french decoder for the Humax, am I likely to receive uk channels???

You would probably have just as much luck with the French decoder.

Satellite TV from France is mainly from three satellites – Atlantic Bird 3 situated at 5 degrees West , Hotbird at 13 degrees East and Astra 1 which is at 19 degrees East.

On Hotbird at 13 degrees East and Astra 1, you will get the odd few channels in English, mainly news.

I don't know how big your dish is as to whether you can pick up anything on Astra 2 (UK, Sky etc.) in Malaga.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Most sites that provide TV, do so via analogue, through a coax cable and you then have to tune your tv to their signal.

Pete:Cool:

OP
OP
M

maggio

Free Member
Jul 5, 2012
limousin
Funster No
MH
challenger
Exp
thx to all

prob stick with french tv.. but thanks to all:Smile:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Thanks pete. I believe the site does have plug in Tv; do i need to take a co-ax cable along with the humex box or is it likely that reception will be via the internet?

Just the cable has they will have limited programmes straight to your tv. Pete

Ps the ones I have used needed a male and a female conection to fit

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
prob stick with french tv.. but thanks to all:Smile:

You would need a 1mtr dish and that would give you a few channels - 1.9mtr and you get lots, but kind of hard to stick on the roof.

We stick to Spanish TV and change to English language. Box costs about 30 euros from any good store. just plug in the TV point scan and change language in menus.

We also have hard drive 2Gb worth of TV shows and movies works great.

Don..

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!

Which site is that ? I am going to be in the Malaga area for December and January !:thumb:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Most sites that provide TV, do so via analogue, through a coax cable and you then have to tune your tv to their signal.

I agree in almost all of the cases.. HOWEVER be aware that as systems get replaced and new sites install, like the new Marjal near Alicante. They do now also use digital distribution that you tune in with your digital reception TV..

AND. Some new TV only have digital tuners now and no analogue, so it could happen :Blush: that you get on a site with distributed tv channels via analogue and your TV cant tune it in..

There you go, something else to confuse you..

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Reciprocal posting !

I'd like to know which one too, as I don't know of any sites around Malaga that supply TV.

Maggio !! You posted that you needed help and advice re. TV systems ! You were answered !
Could you please let Itinerant and myself know about the site near Malaga with British TV connection ! Thanks !...:thumb::thumb::thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
At Zahora (Pinar San Jose) they have distribution via digital signal so you need to tune in your TV as though you are back in UK on Freeview.

If you also tune into Analogue you will get some Spanish stations that are clearly still broadcasting using the old system.

OP
OP
M

maggio

Free Member
Jul 5, 2012
limousin
Funster No
MH
challenger
Exp
sorry

yep sorry about that guys, been a bit pre-occupied this weekend. will dig the name of the site out.....:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back