Funsters Rally Spain/Portugal.. ? (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
The original question seems to have gotten lost..

Have you had thoughts on this one Jim...?::bigsmile:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Portugal / Spain

I did a quick count last night and there was about 57 of us interested in this rally.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

paddynsheena

Free Member
Aug 1, 2012
fife
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Im a newbe
Hi
I am a newbe,like the idea of portugal how do we become involved
kind regards
paddy

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
If everything goes to plan this year we'll be interested!:thumb::thumb:
We'll be able to leave the caravan in Zahora and take the motorhome to wherever the meet is - as long as it's not TOO far from Zahora!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We are up for it. I was going to commit to somewhere when we get back towards the end of August so will keep a check on the thread and see if there is anything organised...Derek & Audrey

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi
I am a newbe,like the idea of portugal how do we become involved
kind regards
paddy

I may be wrong but I think you have to be a fully paid up member... I believe it`s some thing to do with Insurance that Jim has to have to run an official Rally/Meet..

Drop Jim (The Ringleader) a line (PM) and he will tell you how to pay..

I think it`s only £10 a year, And the benefits outway the cost... some Dealers give discount to paid up members and Rally`s & Meets at some shows are cheaper for full members..

I may be wrong about the above some one will correct me...:RollEyes::winky:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
If everything goes to plan this year we'll be interested!:thumb::thumb:
We'll be able to leave the caravan in Zahora and take the motorhome to wherever the meet is - as long as it's not TOO far from Zahora!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

"Scotland"......... :ROFLMAO:

:loveyou::hug: XXX

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Mo,

I have things happening that might see me having to spend the winter in Wales. :Eeek: I should know more by the end of August. Meanwhile I am waiting for a couple of sites in Portugal and Spain to get back to me with some good prices on a rally of 25 vans:thumb:

jackiehour

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
Sunny Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Seriously since 2007
I might be interested in joining this meet! It would be my first visit abroad travelling alone, so would probably like to link up with someone else please.

The website for the Chicken Run looked a good site to me!

Jackie

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Mo,

I have things happening that might see me having to spend the winter in Wales. :Eeek: I should know more by the end of August. Meanwhile I am waiting for a couple of sites in Portugal and Spain to get back to me with some good prices on a rally of 25 vans:thumb:

Thanks for all the trouble you are going to for us "Funsters" Jim...

It is appreciated.. :thumb:

Bee

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Look forward to seeing where the rally will take place we had a such a great time last year and made such wonderful friends cant quite wait we will be spending some of the winter at Zahora and will go wherever :Smile:the meet will take place it is.

Alan Brenda

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
NO.. NOT again. !!
All that Eating, Drinking, Dancing etc ec..:Doh:

OK.. go on then I'm still up for it...

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
So the IR have finally caught up with you.

[HI]I doubt Cardiff prison as as bad as it once was[/HI].

Sorry to disappoint you guys but Cardiff Prison is still every bit as bad as it was in the sixties and seventies.

.......I'll visit you though Jim........:thumb: :winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sorry to disappoint you guys but Cardiff Prison is still every bit as bad as it was in the sixties and seventies.

.......I'll visit you though Jim........:thumb: :winky:

Maybe Slobberbobajob will defend him. It's fire sale time right now, he'll be glad of the work.

Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
Hello Jim

Lots of people interested in this rally. Marjal would probably suit most of us, especially if you could get free gym and spa.

Great site for first timers in Spain (no trees).

I know that some of us have been there and done that but as a meeting place in Spain for a lot of vans, I don,t think it can be beaten on price or facilities.

There were very few negative comments about last years rally at Marjal . A really GOOD time was had by the majority of FUNSTERS.

We could have a follow on rally or a pre rally, rally on the coast.

You should have no problem organising these rallies as they have WIFI in Cardif prison Where I assume you're taking on the position of Guvnor.

Anne

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Hi Jim,

Both myself and the wife would be interested in a meet in Spain, especially in the new year.

Regards Tim & Liz

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A really GOOD time was had by the majority of FUNSTERS.
Anne

Good.

GOOD ?

This is FUN we demand Absolutely *&^%@@((^$ AWESOME.

Old-mo rescued the situation by arranging an escape ( it failed but was joyous 'till they used cattle prods to return us ) and food parcels. He'll probably not do it again.

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
hi jim . i,m interested in portugal...would be better we could all stop at jj,s an he cAN DOO THE BREKIES
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
As a reminder....ANY Funster subscriber can organise a rally. You can make some enquries, get some prices "I am from Motorhomefun, we had a successful rally in Spain last March and lots of members are interested in having a similar meet at your campsite, could you give me a price please, per unit, for 25 vans and what can you include for us?" Remember, you want people that go to handle their own money side of things!
You do not need to lay on any entertainment, Funsters at Marjal organised things. The biggest thing is keeping an eye on who is coming and that they have done all they are supposed to do regarding their own bookings. We are not one of the big clubs with call centres handling that.
The only thing to gain with a club booking, rather than just saying you will meet somewhere is having a rally area to camp together in and possible discounts. Jane :Cool:

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Hello Jim

Lots of people interested in this rally. Marjal would probably suit most of us, especially if you could get free gym and spa.

Great site for first timers in Spain (no trees).

I know that some of us have been there and done that but as a meeting place in Spain for a lot of vans, I don,t think it can be beaten on price or facilities.

There were very few negative comments about last years rally at Marjal . A really GOOD time was had by the majority of FUNSTERS.

We could have a follow on rally or a pre rally, rally on the coast.

You should have no problem organising these rallies as they have WIFI in Cardif prison Where I assume you're taking on the position of Guvnor.

Anne

According to Old Mo there are a lot more than 25 interested in this rally. Is this suggestion from archie 2000 a possibility. Feedback from last year seems great though understand if you don't want to return to the same place
Kath

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My sources tell me that investigations are being made for a possible meet in the sun again for March/April 2013.

If it ends up being nearer me than Marjal (and in a more interesting campsite) I might be interested.

I am definitely interested in meeting and greeting Funsters (subject to availability) who want to visit my area of Portugal (Ansiao, Figueiros de Vinhos, Pedrogao Grande) and QMJ would be a place you could park for a rest if your van is (and driving skills are) up to getting on and off and you like country side peace and quiet.

I still have plans to show people some "off-site" places around here and "hold their hands" if this type of motorhoming is new to them.

(See photos in the gallery of our recent Tour to get an idea of the sort of places I mean.)

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
According to Old Mo there are a lot more than 25 interested in this rally. Is this suggestion from archie 2000 a possibility. Feedback from last year seems great though understand if you don't want to return to the same place
Kath

Regarding my first "Post" on this matter (Rally in Spain or Portugal in 2013..)..

I asked the question because so many had such a good time.....

I understand Jim is snowed under with work etc, for him to arrange, as he did last year...

At a rough count and from Verbal enquiries there are at least 25 that have shown an interest,,,,, myself included...

I have been asked if I could do some thing on the same lines as last year...

But unfortunately what with a house move in the next few weeks, and all that goes with that, ie. Building work/Hard standings/decorating etc..

And also the "Bagwell farm Meet" in three weeks.... I have had to decline...

Arranging a Rally/Meet takes up a lot of time that those who attend dont see... especially one abroad....

I personally wouldn`t mind 5 or 6 weeks in Portugal.... around Feb - March - April`ish

Perhaps we could persuade our JJ to do some thing.... :winky:::bigsmile::thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Regarding my first "Post" on this matter (Rally in Spain or Portugal in 2013..).. (snipped)

Arranging a Rally/Meet takes up a lot of time that those who attend dont see... especially one abroad....

I personally wouldn`t mind 5 or 6 weeks in Portugal.... around Feb - March - April`ish

[HI]Perhaps we could persuade our JJ to do some thing.[/HI]... :winky:::bigsmile::thumb:

My people are looking into the project but advise me to warn people that my organisational skills would only be good enough to arrange the dates, price and location of the main meet. Attending Funsters would need to book their places directly with the site and not expect organised line-dancing evenings. :winky:

As this would no doubt be on a smart campsite full of facilities, the type of site that doesn't suit me, I would be unlikely to actually stay at that meet all the time so someone else would have to do the bacon rolls...

...now informal "meets" on the way to the main one, or on the way back from it... well that is a different story.

Last edited:
OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
I`ll be up for what ever you can arrange JJ... :thumb:

Commercial site with a bit going on round us wouldn`t be bad...

Or even a bit of Ruff/wild ... As long as there is some where to dump ..I`m easy...:winky:

I`ll go with the flow... ::bigsmile:

If your not doing the Bacon Roll mornings..... spose I will have to eat some F.B.Pies... :Cool:

PS.... Dont do Line Dancing.. (Smile)

Last edited:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
My people are looking into the project but advise me to warn people that my organisational skills would only be good enough to arrange the dates, price and location of the main meet. Attending Funsters would need to book their places directly with the site and not expect organised line-dancing evenings. :winky:
As this would no doubt be on a smart campsite full of facilities, the type of site that doesn't suit me, I would be unlikely to actually stay at that meet all the time so someone else would have to do the bacon rolls...
...now informal "meets" on the way to the main one, or on the way back from it... well that is a different story.

Sounds good to us JJ-We have been 'initiated/conned' ::bigsmile: into the Black Art of Bacon Rolliffery by The Masters (Bob and Jane) so I'm sure that could be sorted.
Our tentative plans include Benidorm for Xmas possibly/probably moving south after and staying out until April/May.
We will be firming up our plans when we get back from Germany end of Oct. (we go tomorrow morn) so it would be nice if there was a concrete proposal to look at then.

Mike.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Why not chickenrun
Bacon bap 1.50
Full English - 2 eggs, bacon 2, 1 sausage, beans, tomatoes, toast, fresh orange 5 euros

www.chickenrun.vpweb.co.uk:Smile: yummy English bacon x x

Thx-the link didnt work-but I got there in end ::bigsmile:
Mike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back