solo in Cyprus winter sun (1 Viewer)

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I am thinking of renting a 2 bed apartment in Cyprus from Nov to Feb to get some winter sun any one interested in sharing the accommodation
please let me know

yours

Ian F

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you maybe dissapointed it canm get rather dark and cold in cyprus in winter .bad choice i would say.

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
you maybe dissapointed it canm get rather dark and cold in cyprus in winter .bad choice i would say.
I have been there in February and in November before not as hot as summer but no ice and snow it can get wet but there again all of europe gets wet in winter
it might not be for you but many want to be in the warmer climate and enjoy the winter beauty that is there only at this time of year

where can you get 3 months of warmer weather for less than £600 a week ??
even less when costs are shared

dont knock it until you have tried it !

There is always one with negative thoughts Ho well one can only ask the questions :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
It is strange how well meaning comments can be looked at as negative advice, and £600 per week I can do a lot with that. But hey ho we all look at things differently. Look forward to saying hello at Malven. :Smile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I am thinking of renting a 2 bed apartment in Cyprus from Nov to Feb to get some winter sun any one interested in sharing the accommodation
please let me know
yours
Ian F
I have spent much time in the Paphos area of Cyprus. I would leave the sun lotion at home and take plenty of warm clothes. No guarantee of winter sun between Nov and Feb it can also now be a bit pricey. :rain:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You could get an apartment in Southern Spain for less than £600 per week I would think.

Alternatively why not haul that RV down there? Or would £600 only get you to Calais in that?::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
and have known snow .been there.
dont waste my time on negative thoughts i just tell the truth . dream on in your fantasy .
as it is i can spend far less going to maroc. or even save a fortune and stay in spain.
but a gambia trip in the truck wouldnt cost that much a week . been there and done that as well.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
and have known snow .been there.
dont waste my time on negative thoughts i just tell the truth . dream on in your fantasy .
as it is i can spend far less goping to africa or even save a fortune and stay in spain.
but agambia trip wouldnt cost that much a week . been there and done that as well.
I always feel sorry for the young who have been hoodwinked into thinking they are heading for the sun. They arrive in January with just their bikinis and sun screen. Cyprus is not an all year sun destination. :Cool:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
spain really is the only place thats nearly warm enough . portugal can be sometimes v. but also wet n windy. i have tried them all .turkey was the biggest let down. italy also.. easiest place for sun is definately morocco. but not in november ,can be the rainy season . in fact it is the same in gambia . syria is better but its a bit like steet fighting there now i think . would be like going out down here years ago on friday and saturday nights ,ha ha ,
.even tunisia isnt that warm . and can be very cold . done that twice .second time coz i didnt believe it the irst time.
never mind they learn eventually . :thumb:
mind there was a bit of rough and tumble in cyprus when we used to go . few fights went on .hee hee.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
spain really is the only place thats nearly warm enough . portugal can be sometimes v. but also wet n windy. i have tried them all .turkey was the biggest let down. italy also.. easiest place for sun is definately morocco. but not in november ,can be the rainy season . in fact it is the same in gambia . syria is better but its a bit like steet fighting there now i think . would be like going out down here years ago on friday and saturday nights ,ha ha ,
.even tunisia isnt that warm . and can be very cold . done that twice .second time coz i didnt believe it the irst time.
never mind they learn eventually . :thumb:
mind there was a bit of rough and tumble in cyprus when we used to go . few fights went on .hee hee.

What about the caneries always sun there:Cool:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
even there you have to be on the right side .as it can get very windy.
around agadir in morocco is best as the canaries break up the winds and make a funnel of ideal weather .go a few miles north very windy .go south to daklar windy almost non stop.

december ,january .half of february are the trouble some months either dide of these loads of places are nice .
but be in maroc in march april that can be like sandstorm city . .the trade winds come pick up sand and dump it in the uk . it really is sahara rain.

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
thank for all the input
My mistake
it is 300Euro a month for an apartment and i am not looking for winter sun tan
would rather go to north pole than to hot countries

i do not mind rain it is ice cold that hit in UK that makes winter so bad
a few degrees about freezing is better than -2

but every one has their own opinions and welcome to have them

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
solo in Cyprus winter

i think your better off going somewhere like the canary isles for warmer weather .ive been going to cyprus for many years and have lots of greek freinds from cyprus ,who most of them go to tenerife for the winter as you get mostly 20 degrees c there gauranteed . and you can get good deals on long lets in los cristian:thumb:eek:s tenerife .and food is a lot cheaper in canarys,just a thought

OP
OP
M
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
i think your better off going somewhere like the canary isles for warmer weather .ive been going to cyprus for many years and have lots of greek freinds from cyprus ,who most of them go to tenerife for the winter as you get mostly 20 degrees c there gauranteed . and you can get good deals on long lets in los cristian:thumb:eek:s tenerife .and food is a lot cheaper in canarys,just a thought
it was just a thought so be careful your thought might get the flack my thought got on here

thank goodness ti was not set in stone there might have been hell on !!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back