Parking near Albert dock liverpool (1 Viewer)

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Hi
can anyone help, we are going over to the isle of man on saturday from liverpool and wanted to spend the afternoon looking around liverpool ,ferry not till 19:00, can anyone suggest a suitable place to park we are not that big around 5.5 mtrs x 2.1mtrs and 3.05 mtrs high:Doh:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
car park

Hi, mowbotman there are many car parks at the dock and surrounding areas but can be pricey why not drive past the pier head heading north about 1/2 mile is a costco with a big car park, 10 mins walk into the town have a look on google earth :thumb:

OP
OP
mowbotman
Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
parking liverpool

do you have to be a member of costco ! looking at the site on google maps, there seams to be signs saying something about customer parking so on !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Mowbotman
As Mike said plenty of parking at the Albert Docks and yes pricey,Costco not too bad,just buy something cheap and keep your receipt as proof.
If you coming over were are you parking? can meet up and tell you a couple of free "Wild Sites" if we dont meet then enjoy the Isle Of Man.:thumb:

OP
OP
mowbotman
Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Parking

Hi
We came over last year, and mainly stayed on sites, this time we are staying on one site for the term, which is the site a peel,last year I had a permit for Ramsey, but not bothered this year, peel seams to be the only site with 1/2 descent showers.

If i go into Costco, do i need to join to get it ? seams the cheapest option is around ÂŁ20 ?

Went to most places on IOM last year had very good weather most of the time, is there any places you recommend ? which area of the island do you live

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi when i went to Liverpool in March to run the half marathon i parked at the docks overnight it wasn't the Albert docks the one just next to it with a McDonalds at the entrance think it might have been princess or King something. Anyway i parked up and with in 5 mins a security guard arrived in a van asking if i had a ticket i asked if it was ok to park overnight and he said there was no problem as long as i paid and they would keep an eye on me with cctv and would be driving round the carpark every hour. I think it was ÂŁ15 for 24 hours a bit expensive but at least you know you will be fairly safe and not get moved on.

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Thanks looking for it now on Google maps

That seems the better option to me, at least there is security on site,

I had a few days in Southport on the C C site and got the express bus in to Liverpool to the Albert docks etc.

I used to work over on the Island many years ago a lovely place to visit we have been talking about taking the van over soon.
Peter :thumb:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
I hope you have got locking wheel nuts on as if you haven't then when you get up in the morning your van will be on bricks:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I hope you have got locking wheel nuts on as if you haven't then when you get up in the morning your van will be on bricks:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yosser, your jokes are as old as Freddie Starrs, do yourself a favour mate and go and have a look at a city of culture:winky:

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi Mowbotman
I live in Peel so will pop round and say my hello's,we are currently parked at Ramsey for the weekend,so it will probably be sometime on Sunday-ish:Smile:
Have a good journey.:thumb:

OP
OP
mowbotman
Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
hi we are currently on the manannan at the moment, far better than the ben we went on last year, will look forward to seing you sometime

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back