Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
hoiw can i charge my mifi when not on ehu

Hi I just bought one of Link Removed to charge mine as well as the phones :winky: Came within a couple of days very pleased :thumb:(recommended from another funster)Tablet also charges from it :thumb:
terry

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You brilliant Funsters...

I was about to post the exact same question and now I have the answer already...

One more question...

Am I right in thinking that if a mains plug has a big USB cable socket in it and is used with a cable with a small USB socket at the other end its voltage output is always going to be 5 volts?

So I could use the Kindle charging mains plug to charge my mi-fi thingy...

And I have a twelve volt car (male) plug which goes into the lighter socket with a big USB socket in it (for the Tom Tom) but with a non mini USB plug on the other end... I wonder if that is a 5 volt output as well... I must check... unless you guys know...

JJ :Cool:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
USB voltage is always supposed to be 5v but the amperage can vary. My practical experience of charging several devices is that isn't usually a problem but sometimes a charger will not deliver a high enough amperage for certain devices (iPad maybe)

At home we use the Kindle charging mains plug/cable to charge our MiFi thingy (and Jill's Samsung e-reader) all the time without problems.

For use in the van we have a multi-socket adapter (3 lighter sockets & 2 USB sockets) which we bought from Lidl. We use that with a USB to micro USB cable to charge Kindle, MiFi, Jill's Samsung e-reader and phones. With smaller demand devices two can be charged at one time but higher demand devices (like tablets) need to be charged alone because of current limit.

We have a range of cables with different ends which we use for various devices with no problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I can interchange most USB to mains chargers or cigarette sockets, the only one I must use the supplied charger with is my iPad 3, I notice the charger for that has 2amp output wher all the others are 1amp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back