Organising contacts - help please (1 Viewer)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Over the years I have ended up with a right mish-mash of contact lists in my various email addresses on computors and mobile phones.:Doh:

I am looking for a simple way to bring these all together on the pc so I can edit them before trying to sync them an all my devices and would be grateful for any solutions.

Brian

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Now that is a smart thread, well done Brian, I'll keep an eye on this one........

I'll bet Grommet has the answer. :thumb:

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Simple, eh...?

hmmm...

I'd suggest trying to export the details from the various sources as .csv files
If you get offered a choice of something called a delimiter choose a comma (make sure you choose the same delimiter across all sources if possible.)

Then create a spreadsheet and import each new .csv file and cut/copy/paste to your hearts content saving the final file as a new csv file.

I use google for my contact now as I use android phones etc. That way all my contacts are accessible from any PC and if I change phone for any reason, as soon as I sign into google again on a new phone my contacts are there.

HTH:Smile:

Bryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
...oh, and to get the contacts off the mobile phones I'd be tempted to copy them to the sim and use a pc sim card reader to get them off the sims into the pc.

Then switch to android phones :winky:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
...oh, and to get the contacts off the mobile phones I'd be tempted to copy them to the sim and use a pc sim card reader to get them off the sims into the pc.

Then switch to [HI]android[/HI] phones :winky:
or better still....an iPhone :roflmto:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Pen and paper.

Old fashioned but effective:thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Now that is a smart thread, well done Brian, I'll keep an eye on this one........

I'll bet Grommet has the answer. :thumb:

Nope no idea:Doh:

I have a blackberry. I use the sync software built in to sync with windows contact manager. I then force thunderbird to use this instead of the built in one.

I don't like using external sources such as google or facebook as it gives them more information than I am comfortable with them having.

Most programs that deal with contacts have a way of dealing with windows contact manager so although it isn't brilliant it make an easy central repository.

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Simple, eh...?

hmmm...

I'd suggest trying to export the details from the various sources as .csv files
If you get offered a choice of something called a delimiter choose a comma (make sure you choose the same delimiter across all sources if possible.)

Then create a spreadsheet and import each new .csv file and cut/copy/paste to your hearts content saving the final file as a new csv file.

I use google for my contact now as I use android phones etc. That way all my contacts are accessible from any PC and if I change phone for any reason, as soon as I sign into google again on a new phone my contacts are there.

HTH:Smile:

Bryan

Then switch to android phones :winky:
...................and that's the simple way! :Eeek: ....my head hurts just reading it:RollEyes:
Thanks for all that Bryan, the phones I am working with are both Android, Samsung galaxy S and a Galaxy S3 but I'm a bit thick when it comes to this techie stuff.:Doh:
All I really want to do is to organise my complete contact list on the pc and then transfer to the phones. I have tried Kies but seem to get a load of problems :cry: Brian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back