Hand Brake Extension problems (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2010 All Year Round!!
Having purchased a handbrake extension (Rare Spares) and fitting it (No Problem) I cannot use it!!!
I must stress there is NOTHING wrong with the Rare Spares handle!!

Its seems that on my 2008 Elldis Autoquest 115,Boxer base, with the spinning drivers seat, the handbrake bracket fitted to the base is made at and angle, not parallel to it?!!

This means that when the handbrake with ext is at its uppermost travel (Fully On) it is now 6" away from the seat!! (Almost touching the door pocket!!)

Has any one else noticed this?

I have removed the extension as I wasnt comfortable with it that way :Sad:
(But have just driven over 2000 miles through UK and Franec with out it and been happy :Doh:)

So, it will be for sale soon, hardly (Not at all ) used!!

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i would say that if the handbrake bracket is not parallel to the seat it has been bent by someone getting out of the van previously.
as its not that difficult to get it in your back pocket when getting out if not careful.

OP
OP
Noggin
Jan 24, 2012
St Andrews
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2010 All Year Round!!
i would say that if the handbrake bracket is not parallel to the seat it has been bent by someone getting out of the van previously.
as its not that difficult to get it in your back pocket when getting out if not careful.

Nope!! Checked that, the mounting bracket for the handbrake quadrant is made so that tilts the bracket away from the seat a bit, which is why it is miles out with an extender:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back