TomTom Help (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
My current motorhome has a built in TomTom Carminat satnav but only covers the UK and Ireland. My vehicle in a 2011 Renault Master.
I need full Europe so was wondering if anyone had upgraded there unit with a new SD card and if all was well with operations after installation. I notice there are a few on ebay but unsure if they will be compatible. Have asked sellers but they are not sure, typical.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've no idea, so the only help I can give is to bump this thread for you and hope someone can help:thumb:

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I've no idea, so the only help I can give is to bump this thread for you and hope someone can help:thumb:

Thanks Jim, I am so frustrated as no one appears to be able to commit to an answer.
Even TomTom are vague.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Don't know how much a new map would be but I bought TomTom Europe for my ipad for ÂŁ79 and the maps are updated FOC as it's an app. Only thing is I don't know how to get POI onto it - may have to put a post about this as I know other funsters have this app!
We do have a TomTom Via as well but maps are a year out of date now.

Last edited:

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
My current motorhome has a built in TomTom Carminat satnav but only covers the UK and Ireland. My vehicle in a 2011 Renault Master.
I need full Europe so was wondering if anyone had upgraded there unit with a new SD card and if all was well with operations after installation. I notice there are a few on ebay but unsure if they will be compatible. Have asked sellers but they are not sure, typical.

Log onto TomTom, go to "Support" check the FAQ's and, if it's not listed there, ask them through "Contact Us". They're not as quick as Garmin but they are very good and should be able to give you a definitive answer. They'll probably want technical info such as vehicle and model number.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back