Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Only in the van since we have no option. She's a lap dog, not a big toughie, but she knows her place. It's just to the left of Sandy's feet. :roflmto:

Ivy

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
No , they are not allowed on the sofas too. Our dogs are dogs .
If we didnt have any children we may feel different .
As for cats , i wouldn't give one house space let alone bed space. :Smile:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more

:shout:NO PETS ALLOWED:shout:

:Doh:Still trying to get rid of the 1 goldfish:Doh:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Got two cats, and yes the are allowed on the bed, but are soon booted off by the wife, because all they do is clean themselves, lick flipping lick, don't bother me but keeps her awake.

Dogs, nothing wrong with dogs, its the owners.

Ian

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Our 9 month old German Sheperd is not allowed upstairs, let alone on the bed. had friends once, neither were what you would call petite and they slept with their Great Dane on the bed.........:Doh:

If we use the privacy room on the MH he sleeps in his travel kennel in the PR.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Broken Link RemovedBroken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
When I was younger I have to admit I slept with a few dogs,however there's only one bitch in my life now and she's a pedigree .
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Happy to lend my bed to both the Dog and when we had them, the Cats.

Tara is obviously a little too big to sleep with on my bed but generally she is let in to the bedroom by Nikki when she gets off to work and then jumps up on the bed to let me know its time to get up.

Personally I would rather share my bed with animals than some humans I have met over my life. However, if Kiera Knightley or Adelle wish to share my bed I will happily make an exception and kick Tara out.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Yep....3 dogs share our bedroom both at home and in the RV but for one reason alone.

if we shut them out they scratch at the door or the carpet until we let them in....sick of painting the doors and refitting the carpets.

a small price to pay for an easy life.

jack russell got shut in the kitchen last night by accident, she usually sleeps under the bed so didn't miss her,.....came down this morning to the wailing of a banshee, paint off the door, large bag of peanuts and a packet of pasta, left on the table, half eaten and just to add insult...a turd on the floor :Eeek:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Used to have a dog share my bed, but Woman has got her own room nowadays

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We like our dogs enough to give them their own bed and they respect us by keeping off of ours. they are not children they are animals and have animal needs, can best do that in their own beds. In fact our dogs live in the kitchen and have never, ever been in the bedroom.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I have firm views on animals living in the human world

IE, having them sleep on the bed with you at night

I big no no in my book

what do others think ?

do you let your pets sleep in your bed?

perish the thought :Doh:

Our little dog sleeps on our bed. You already have your strongly held view so whatever anyone else thinks/does you will not change it.

It seems a pointless question as I cannot see that where our dog sleeps is of any interest to anyone but us, the possible answers to the question are never going to be informative or entertaining. Why, if you hold the view you do, do you ask what others think.

Some like their dog on the bed, others don't. Each should please themselves and allow others to do as they please without inferring that their preference, whatever it might be, is the correct one.

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Our little dog sleeps on our bed. You already have your strongly held view so whatever anyone else thinks/does you will not change it.

It seems a pointless question as I cannot see that where our dog sleeps is of any interest to anyone but us, the possible answers to the question are never going to be informative or entertaining. Why, if you hold the view you do, do you ask what others think.

Some like their dog on the bed, others don't. Each should please themselves and allow others to do as they please without inferring that their preference, whatever it might be, is the correct one.

Dog on the bed no problem kids in the bed a big no no :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
I'm lead to believe some peoples use their animals for warmth at night. A 3 dog night would be especially cold.
We don't let the dog onto the bed but I'd rather share with the dog than the goldfish.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
how could you not??

Attachments

• France 2 009 (800x600).jpg
    France 2 009 (800x600).jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 23

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
My dogs are like teddy bears and yes they do sleep on the bed in the motorhome, but not in our bed at home.:Smile:

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
We like our dogs enough to give them their own bed and they respect us by keeping off of ours. they are not children they are animals and have animal needs, can best do that in their own beds. In fact our dogs live in the kitchen and have never, ever been in the bedroom.

Totally agree - our two have a cage in the kitchen, never locked, and covered over and around, it's their little den, if either of use move after 9pm they shoot of their bed in the lounge and race to their den as they think it's bedtime and get a dog biscuit before settling down.
Also a child gate on the stairs so they cannot get up.

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Dog on the bed no problem kids in the bed a big no no :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When they were young we always had the kids in the bed in the morning and had great fun with them. Its called bonding. Our dog sleeps on HIS chair in the conservatory by choice and when in the M/H he sleeps at my head on the bed. We like it that way :thumb:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp

Yes, I suppose it is a pointless question. Cleaning the windows might make more sense, as would studying for a Bsc, but it's only a bit of harmless fun. There is another thread on this forum 'What are you doing Today'. It's nobody else's business, but many of us are happy to say what we are doing on that particular day. This is called communication and interaction and it's something that humans like to do. :Smile:

Ivy

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Meg not allowed on bed either at home or in MH though occassionally she jumps up there and gets told off. No moral reasons just she is quite large, fidgets a good deal and sheds hair like its going out of fashion.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Yes, I suppose it is a pointless question. Cleaning the windows might make more sense, as would studying for a Bsc, but it's only a bit of harmless fun. There is another thread on this forum 'What are you doing Today'. It's nobody else's business, but many of us are happy to say what we are doing on that particular day. This is called communication and interaction and it's something that humans like to do. :Smile:

Ivy

I understand what you are saying, I like to communicate and interact but would rather do so on subjects that I, and I hope others, find interesting, informative, entertaining etc. I do not find the fact that a member reports they are going to Tesco shopping, or cutting the grass, or other similarly tedious gems of personal information or preference of the least interest. On the other hand, if what someone is doing today revolves around a motorhoming matter, or some other sensible debate, I am your man.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back