Which BBQ (1 Viewer)

R

RogerD

Deleted User
Looking for a decent BBQ to carry in the van. What would you suggest I spend my money on? Any good reccomendations?

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi gas or coal? we have like most tuggers have now :RollEyes: a gas cadac HERE OR the george forman one here

ray:winky:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Cadac without doubt are the beez dangly bits or the dogs knees one of those:ROFLMAO:
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

RogerD

Deleted User
Got to be gas I think. The Cadac looks OK does it pack down small?

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
We have a Cadac and its great for allsorts, such as the breakfast fry up and bbq .we have all the bits to the cadac so you can do stir frys, risottos and we use it all the time .
Betty

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Got to be gas I think. The Cadac looks OK does it pack down small?
Slightly smaller than an old style dusbin lid and about 10 inch thick all in seperate little bags, if tight for space you can just take the bits you need and reduce thickness to about 6inch
Geo

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Got sick of struggling to clean the cadac after a few years and bought a campingas kitchen which is much more manageable.

Link Removed

Last edited:

teifiprt

Free Member
Jan 20, 2008
Llandysul, Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Weber 100 gas grill. Quite expensive £120 but one of the best bbq's on the market. Highly recommended :thumb:

Peter.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Does anyone use / own a Thermos Grill2go ?
regards
Allen

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Low pressure or not?

I've seen some cadacs advertised as 'low pressure' models so I guess that the 'standard' model is high pressure.

Why the different pressured versions and which is best for buying for the camper and why?

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
I've seen some cadacs advertised as 'low pressure' models so I guess that the 'standard' model is high pressure.

Why the different pressured versions and which is best for buying for the camper and why?

Hi Bryan
I've got the small cadac safari chef, and it's the high pressure verion. This means it's run off the small canisters that you can buy from a builders merchant without using a regulator. I've also got an adaptor which allows it to be screwed on top of a campinggaz bottle.
There is also a low pressure version of this cadac which is then connected via a regulator to any gas bottle.
I think mine has a little bit more portability by enabling me to use a small canister and take the bbq on an exotic beach somewhere without having to carry a larger gas bottle as my hands will be full with wine and equally exotic chicks...I wish !
The bigger cadacs I beleive are all low pressure and must be run via a regulator and are not as portable and she'd have to carry that one while I dreamt on.
regards
Allen

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Last edited by a moderator:

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Cadac for me ::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i bought the cadac carrie-chef deluxe at york last year. only used it once so far but very good.
only fault is, if using the griddle plate it must be level if your cooking bangers or you spend so much time chasing the little buggers around the griddle + any oil runs to the edge.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Weber gas BBQ here too brilliant bit of kit:thumb::thumb:

000_0376.jpg

Regards Pat

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
cobb-bbq.co.uk/

i have a cadac but without doubt the cobb is far superior sue can cook anything on it full joints full english pizza chops ect ect.no gas bottle just 6/7 heat beads and a fire lighter ,can be trasported even while cooking as outside is cool to the touch evan take indoors after the fire lighter has burnt off some have evan used as a heater as stays hot for about 5 hrs. it was designed for africa as a cheep sorce of cooking for the masses
dave and sue the cook:thumb:

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Cadac for me too. Great bit of kit. Worth getting the various bits that go with it.

Regards

Lampie

Jack the Rev

Free Member
Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
We purchased a Cobb Roasting BBQ and even though it was expensive, it was the best monsy we ever spend. Super BBQ and can fully recommend it. Have a look at their website.

Jack the Rev

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
cadac for us, we have an external bbq point for ease of use and use the cadac regularly, morning for full English breakfasts or evening for BBQ's, get some mussels and watch the French watch you cooking their favorite dish with out stinking the van out (using the wok n lid) make the sauce with creme fresh, Roquefort and white wine, warm summers evening looking out over the sea, wish we were there now

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Got to be the COBB :thumb: it's good enough for the Hairy Bikers. Had one for about 4 years & use it a lot when we are away. Maybe not as quick as the gas BBQ's but if you are in a rush to eat just use the cooker. Hs the aded advantage if the weather turns bad just pick it up & take it inside. Cooked just about everything.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
We have all the original Cadac equipment from South Africa where it served us well for years and years - it took a bit of time and searching for the appropriate adapters to use it here which I got eventually from Susmans, these convert the SA Cadacs to Camping Gaz as the Cadac bottles are not refillable here.

We use the original Cadac gear often at home and up till now I used to travel with the cast-iron grill (I think its a Grillogas in its UK form) and our beloved Cobb (also a South African invention from Bryanston, near Johannesburg) but I've now invested in the UK version of the Cadac, the deluxe package with skottel (did you know that a skottel is a ploughshare - people genuinely used old ploughshares for BBQs, then Cadac copied them commercially)as I'd prefer to run off Propane rather than butane, and have both bottles in the gas locker rather than a Camping Gaz one in the motorhome garage somewhere.

Maybe we should have a BBQ contest at a meet - not much I can't do with a combination of my Cadac and Cobb gear and a BBQ cooking competition might be fun!!! :ROFLMAO:. Our motorhome cooker and oven is untouched except for when the habitation check is done - the oven is a handy bread bin! The idea of cooking smells in an enclosed space isn't a good one, nor the splatters!!

:thumb:

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
There is nothing like the taste of food freshly cooked on the old fashioned charcoal barbeque, we now have 2 we picked up a smaller version reduced to 50p in somerfield

the metal is worth more than that in scrap

Good luck with choosing xxxxxx

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Cadac for me to. Love the bits you can get for it want a roasting oven. Have everything else get for breakfasts or anything love it . Use mine from a push fit out let on RV , I have no reason to swop it works for me. Know others have not got on with it but I can't fault it

Lampie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back