shunter
Sep 8, 2010
Kent the white cliffs end
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur Lvx 8
Exp
Not long enough
I have crack in my shower tray and it has been repaired 3 times now so I think it needs a new one. Swift want £631.54 for a new one and caravan panels want £225 for a new fibre glass one, so having a think at the mo

Nev

Laneside1954

Free Member
Apr 19, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since last summer
Crikey! Didn't think they'd be that expensive:Sad: Was about to start pricing one for my Autotrail Dakota! I'll look at the company you have found....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Crikey! Didn't think they'd be that expensive:Sad: Was about to start pricing one for my Autotrail Dakota! I'll look at the company you have found....
well thats the leasure industry for you a complete RIP OFF, :whatthe:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Before replacing tray try to find cause of cracking, bet you will find that it is not supported correctly. If replacing tray make sure it is supported either with wood or expanded foam so the tray can;t flex, this will stop cracking in the first place. Most trays are so sloppily fitted it's a repair waiting to happen.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
remove and use the existing one to create a mould, then lay up a new fibreglass one for a fraction of the cost.:thumb: It may be possible to completely fibreglass the reverse of the existing tray to ensure watertight integrity and seal any cracks. At the same time as preserving the original look. this is an even cheaper and more solid option.

Kayold

Free Member
Oct 23, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year M/H, caravans 20+ yrs
Hi
I have never used this company but nearly bought a replacement when I had a caravan and thought it wasn't too bad a price compared to some, also fibreglass and think they do other types. They are in Littleover Derby.

Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
shunter
Sep 8, 2010
Kent the white cliffs end
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur Lvx 8
Exp
Not long enough
Thank you all for your replies have only just back on to this thread got stuck up with work ha that's the railway for ya:thumb:

Nev

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
a one mam band on e bay called grp leisure, makes grp mouldings, he will be able to make a copy from your existing shower tray

Kayold

Free Member
Oct 23, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year M/H, caravans 20+ yrs
a one mam band on e bay called grp leisure, makes grp mouldings, he will be able to make a copy from your existing shower tray

Link on page 1, didn't realise he was a one man band, fair prices and fibreglass has to be better than what is fitted as standard.

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
Missed that link:Doh: Bought a sink and shower tray for my old hymer, he even delivered the shower tray personally as it had not fully cured in the speciifed delivery time. I did have to fettle a couple of little bits but the over all quality was good and he can make a mould from your existing one. I think his name was Derek?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back