Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Well finally Sue has arrived in hospital ready for her replacement knee operation tomorrow.
Will let you all know how she gets on.

Norman

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Best of Luck, get well soon, else who's gonna cook........:roflmto: :thumb: Griff

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hope all goes well and it gives her a new lease of life Norman. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hope all is well and that she is soon on the road to recovery, mind dont forget to spoil her when she gets out of hospital, you know the thing, cuppa tea dearest, what do you fancy for dinner etc

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hope all goes well Norman and then she can give you that well deserved run around

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hope all is well and that she is soon on the road to recovery, mind dont forget to spoil her when she gets out of hospital, you know the thing, cuppa tea dearest, what do you fancy for dinner etc

Don't forget chocolate--lots.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Sue.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Smile:Best of luck, Sue...... sending strength and hugs to you..... (don't forget to make sure you are spoilt rotten when you come home...:thumb:). xxx

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
wishing you well speedy recovery

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Sue's best friend will be frozen peas. 20mins on, 2hrs off. Hubby had his done in Feb. It is a long job getting over it, much more than a hip and it tends to knock the stuffing out of you. So patience is the watchword and gently does it. Thinking of you both and wishing Sue well.

Mary and John

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
best whishes for a healthy recovery,:thumb:

dont for to use paper plates for the takeaways whilst shes in:RollEyes::RollEyes:

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Well thanks for all your good will messages for Sue, she has been able to read them as she has her netbook with her on the ward.
The operation went well and she is back in her room with a permanent anesthetic linked to her knee which is relieving her of any pain and will be left for tonight but will be removed tomorrow when she will experience pain but can have painkillers on demand as she starts her physiotherapy.
We are hoping we will be on our way home sometime on either Sunday or Monday.

Will let you know how things go once we get home

Many thanks

Norman

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I have just come from visiting sister who had her knee operation done 3 months ago. It is amazing to see her although her knee is still slightly swollen the change is amazing she is playing golf again, walking and pain free. thats all the good part.

I would say please do all the exercises you are given it will make a huge difference now matter how painful it is when you are doing them and it will help if Norman is there encouraging you with them so easy to give up.

2nd do expect to feel really really tiered for a least a month after having the operation and the pain to still be there.

3 after the 2nd month it all starts to get better and really worth having done. I have said all this because my sister was not aware that the above was normal and was getting really upset about the tiredness and pain, and it was not until I phoned 2 other friends who had knee replacements that it became obvious that it is par for the course. So if it should happen like this for you, then you know you are not alone it seems to often be the way it is.

Good luck for a full and speedy recovery because it is like a miracle when it does get better.

Last edited:

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
I've just got home from a trip in the van Norman so only just read about Sues knee op.

All the best for a speedy recovery Sue - I'm sure that Norman will make cater to your every wish when you return home :thumb:. Any complaints just let us know and we'll send some "Fun" members round to have a quiet word. :Cool:

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi Sue

We have not seen Norman in the chat lately. So it looks like he is spending all of his time to help you with a speedy recovery !!

Both Ineke and hope you have a speedy recovery

All the best

Paul and Ineke

Kayold

Free Member
Oct 23, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year M/H, caravans 20+ yrs
Hi Sue and Norman

Hope all is going well, having seen a few Knee/Hips done I have been amazed at the recovery of patients, after suffering the pain of the problem, some long term, the operation recovery discomfort is dealt with relatively 'easy' considering the pain suffered in the run up to needing the procedure and once recovered the benefits are a godsend! Pleased your suffering will soon be a thing of the past! (the knee, not the hubby! :winky:)

Regards

OP
OP
normanandsue

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for all your replies, especially Carol as you have confirmed everything we have been told.
Sue has had the catheta of pain relief removed and as expected today has been a painful day especially as she walks along the corridor with her zimmer, but it is great to see her walking properly instead of stooped and limping as she was before.
She also had an x ray taken this morning but we have not had any results from that, but maybe Monday.
As Carol commented she is permanently tired though often not enough to sleep but certainly enough to doze and she is encouraged to rest.

Once again thanks for all your replies to this link it has been a great encouragement to Sue as she reads so many good wishes from people she has never met and some whom I have only spoken with in chat.

Norman

We are expecting to be going home on Monday but as yet nothing has been said

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I'm so pleased Sue is on the mend. Each day will be a day nearer to being pain-free and full health. She has so much to look forward to and I really hope we get to meet you soon, although you would have a long drive. Best wishes to both of you. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back