LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I wonder if anyone knows of a supplier of the back marker light off my Hobby T550. (see photo) It is an LED version made by Hella. I can find the type with a bulb, but cant find the LED version. Its due MOT shortly & I don't know if that would constitute a fail as its not the main tail light, just one of the top marker lights.

thanks John

Attachments

• marker small.jpg
    marker small.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 13

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I wonder if anyone knows of a supplier of the back marker light off my Hobby T550. (see photo) It is an LED version made by Hella. I can find the type with a bulb, but cant find the LED version. Its due MOT shortly & I don't know if that would constitute a fail as its not the main tail light, just one of the top marker lights.

thanks John

John if you can not find the correct led type you need quickly enough.....can you not buy the normal bulb type and change bulb for a led type...for the MOT..Just a thought:thumb:

Mel

OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Thanks Mel, The problem with fitting the bulb type, is that the bulb holder extends 40mm at the back, and needs to be recessed, the one that is on (LED) is surface mounted with just a smallish hole for the wires. The dimensions of the bulb type and the distance between the screw holes is exactly right but I don't fancy enlarging the hole in the bodywork. I found a German company that has the LED ones for 14.5 Euros, but they want about 20 euro for postage. I have emailed Hobby UK to see if they have them in stock. If all else fails, I will change both of them for the bulb type.

cheers John

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thanks Mel, The problem with fitting the bulb type, is that the bulb holder extends 40mm at the back, and needs to be recessed, the one that is on (LED) is surface mounted with just a smallish hole for the wires. The dimensions of the bulb type and the distance between the screw holes is exactly right but I don't fancy enlarging the hole in the bodywork. I found a German company that has the LED ones for 14.5 Euros, but they want about 20 euro for postage. I have emailed Hobby UK to see if they have them in stock. If all else fails, I will change both of them for the bulb type.

cheers John

I CAN FIND THE ORANGE LED SIDE MARKER... JOHN ...BUT NOT THE DAM RED ONE:Doh:

Link Removed

Mel

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
how about this one..

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Just wanted to say a big thank you to aba & Heyupluv for their help in tracking down the above light.

I emailed Hobby UK for a price £61 ! ! just to supply it :Eeek: Got one from company Dun-Bri group (thanks to aba) £8.14 plus vat & delivery:thumb:. Now that's what I call a result. Just fitted it, 10 min job, now to book it in for MOT.

Has anyone else had experience of exorbitant charges from motor-home manufacturers.

cheers John

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Just wanted to say a big thank you to aba & Heyupluv for their help in tracking down the above light.

I emailed Hobby UK for a price £61 ! ! just to supply it :Eeek: Got one from company Dun-Bri group (thanks to aba) £8.14 plus vat & delivery:thumb:. Now that's what I call a result. Just fitted it, 10 min job, now to book it in for MOT.

Has anyone else had experience of exorbitant charges from motor-home manufacturers.

cheers John

All of us, I suspect, have seen similar to these high charges. :Eeek:

When one of my marker light was not working at MOT, all I got was information from the tester that it was not working as he stated it was not part of the test. I'm sure Geo will be able to confirm this.

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning

thanks John

H i, i have a hobby and looked for led marker lights and found a replacement pair white led £3 63 pair 99p pp from ace parts on ebay or google ace parts.:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I asked a similar question on RVOC regarding side marker lights.

Geo's reply was class IV MOT is for COMPULSORY car/van lights only....front..headlamp dip/main, side lights, front indicators and front side indicator repeaters .....rear...stop/tail/indicator and fog lights.

any other light is not tested...including side markers and high level position lights.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back