Mclouis motorhome is it a scam or genuine (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Here are two ebay numbers
Same van
one starting at £15 000
one stating at £20,000 with a buy now £24,950
same picture...but one has been cropped smaller less of the scenery
one with the number plate kind of erased but you can still see it...the other number full view
one say's mileage..14,000...the other says 55,100 miles:Eeek::Doh:
one says address Clacton Essex...the other says Northwich Cheshire..different sides of the country:Doh:
one says mot Jan 2013..Tax November 2012...the other says tax Dec 2012 mot Jan 2013
One has a trailer...the other no mention....:Doh:

There are a few differences, is it genuine, or a scam???? or is it two different dealers using same picture... selling two vans

Link Removed

Link Removed

Ask the experts on here:Doh:

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The tax expires on two different dates... It may be nothing more sinister than someone being lazy and using another photograph rather than take one themselves. It may also be a scam of course. Caveat emptor.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
There are some differences inside the van,

TV
End of unit by sink
Extension socket in one and not the other,,

How strange,,,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
As Shiftzz says, it's a bit strange. Definitely the same external picture, but different interiors in quite a few respects. Very different mileages, as reflected in the prices. Both being sold "due to family illness"

They are both also advertised on motorhomesforsale.org

Scam? I'd guess not, just one of the sellers has used the other's external shot 'cos he hasn't got one, or not one as good. Caveat Emptor all the same.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
There are some differences inside the van,

TV
End of unit by sink
Extension socket in one and not the other,,

How strange,,,

Elementary Dr Watson:winky::Doh:...see what I mean ODD to say the least...:Doh:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't think it is a scam, as has already been mentioned, I don't think one of the sellers has a good photo of the outside of their van so has used the one from the other one - if you look at the one with the item no: 300739156500 you can see it has a second external rear-view photo so must be the genuine photo of their vehicle.

I have sent a message to the 'real' owner of the photos to let him/her know that his/her pictures are being used by someone else. I've also let Ebay know as the plagiarist's van might not be of the same condition as the other so it is being misrepresented.

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I don't think it is a scam, as has already been mentioned, I don't think one of the sellers has a good photo of the outside of their van so has used the one from the other one - if you look at the one with the item no: 300739156500 you can see it has a second external rear-view photo so must be the genuine photo of their vehicle.

I have sent a message to the 'real' owner of the photos to let him/her know that his/her pictures are being used by someone else. I've also let Ebay know as the plagiarist's van might not be of the same condition as the other so it is being misrepresented.

Thank's Minx for the above in Red....I was not sure either way....:thumb:...Mel

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as others have said, both are genuine...but one of the exterior photos isnt.

both item numbers are genuine ebay numbers if pasted directly into ebay search.
a scam number wont be found by ebay.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The original owner of the photos got in touch this morning and was going to taking it up with Ebay. I've checked and the other 'van now has a different external photo so both now appear totally genuine and shouldn't cause any alarm for potential purchasers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back