Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
We have an Autotrail. Somehow the bench beds move out as I am driving, especially if we have weighty items on the seats which we do occasionally. The beds won't easily push back as the slats seem to move around as well. It means we have to take everything off the bench, remove the foam seat and back, fiddle with the slats, one by one, as we gradually push the base unit back. We have the same fiddle with the slats on a morning, putting the beds back, all the seats have to come off. Any solutions or ideas please?

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
We have an Autotrail. Somehow the bench beds move out as I am driving, especially if we have weighty items on the seats which we do occasionally. The beds won't easily push back as the slats seem to move around as well. It means we have to take everything off the bench, remove the foam seat and back, fiddle with the slats, one by one, as we gradually push the base unit back. We have the same fiddle with the slats on a morning, putting the beds back, all the seats have to come off. Any solutions or ideas please?

The slats on our Ducato are held together by two strips of webbing whoich is then held at one end by a push type fastener.

To hold the seats on you could apply a little velcro?

Not sure if this is helpful but....

OP
OP
Wizbangs

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
It is the whole bench that slides out. The base unit itself. Our slats are connected with tape too, but they move along the length of the van like zigzags. So looking down from above the ends of the slats look like below.

I
..I
I
... l
..I
.......l
..... I
I

Rather than
I
I
I
I
I

If that makes sense.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I assume the slats 'interlock' when the bases is pushed back in, a bit like interlocking fingers? If so, and you don't need to be able to slide the slats normally, why not just use some blobs of sealant to stick them in place so they can't slide out of alignment?

OP
OP
Wizbangs

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Hi,

I'll get some photos this weekend. We'll also be at Long Marston from Thurs late afternoon with our two Shih-Tzus, for anyone who wants to say hello. :Smile:

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
Hi,

Hi,

I'll get some photos this weekend. We'll also be at Long Marston from Thurs late afternoon with our two Shih-Tzus, for anyone who wants to say hello. :Smile:

If you get this before Friday, then at some point over the weekend grab me and drag me to look at offending problem. See if we can't sort something there for you.

Cheyne, Big black Landy!

OP
OP
Wizbangs

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
If you get this before Friday, then at some point over the weekend grab me and drag me to look at offending problem. See if we can't sort something there for you.

Cheyne, Big black Landy!

Thanks to Cheyne for sorting out the bed slat issue. Some small wooden blocks glued each to the slats each side of the central supports will fix it.

Its a bit damp here at Long Marston, though the weather is set to improve. Folks are making the most of it with a bring and buy and some fun events this afternoon. With sunshine forcast for tommorrow, a car boot sale and a flying competition, (afaik), it should be a great day. Bacon butties too. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back