Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
Hi everyone, we plan to go to the southern France in September down to St Tropez area and also Provence staying about a month can anyone recommend a good route plus campsites or airs, many thanks

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
cavaliere - cracking spot not far from st tropez...one of our faves for a chill out, loads of vans in September but very chilled and just over the road to the sea - probably about 10euros and leccie is available now apparently, bus stop at the gates to get about and cycle routes

route wise, we tend to charge down on the peage and then amble back, on a good run can usually get to here on day one, after a V early start from calais, and they have an aire which lots of folk use - particularly the dutch for some reason!!

and then its a couple of hours from there to cavaliere

may see you down there as its one of our options for late September run to the sun

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Can recommend the Verdon Gorge in Provence.

So that would be wherever you land up on the coast, to Grasse then up the A75 (Route Napoleon) and there's an aire in Castellane. Then follow the gorge through Palud du Verdon and see lac Ste Croix, river and lake are superb. There's an aire at Moustiers Ste Marie, which is a really pretty large village/small town, another at Lac Ste Croix and not sure after that. (As we went on a Blackbird and stayed on a campsite between Riez and Valensole) (I shouldn't be telling you to go that way really, ruddy Winnebagos negotiating the Rive Gauche ruin it for bikers by just taking up too much space on the road! :ROFLMAO:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
Hi everyone, we plan to go to the southern France in September down to St Tropez area and also Provence staying about a month can anyone recommend a good route plus campsites or airs, many thanks

Hi
We are going that way as well leaving for Dunkirk on the 1st sept
wife wants to go to Monets garden so going straight there from the ferry.

Then start ambling south, never use a toll road unless no choice, i want to
see Viaduc de Millau & Camargue. Then its the coast for as long as we can
leaving time to come home through the Alps, no deffinate routes,
Toulon to St Tropez is the sort of area we want to goto,
"unless anybody can advise differently"??.

Really looking foward to it now, we get away at least once a month around
UK, but 3 weeks Ambling around with plenty of sun hopefully does it for me.

Hope you have a good one we will, may see some of you down there.
Cheers.:Cool::Cool::thumb:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Us too

We are sailing to Bilbao, arriving on 18th Sept, then via Carcassonne and Toulouse to Millau then down to Aigues Mortes and Les Saintes Maries - we should look out for each other! Have a mini-meet in the Camargue? We will be in our new WildAx, being built now.

Catherine

OP
OP
simi

simi

Free Member
Jun 30, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Knaus sun Ti
Exp
1year
Many thanks for all your comments sounds good maybe see you there :Smile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
heading South from the 6th September

We are heading South from about the 6th September .. down to Sommineries .... fantastic old town.. great 5 star camp site.. stayed there a few times now and it is local to the medieval town ... scooter distance from the town via the cycle track.. easy relaxed place. Will go down off the toll routes take a couple days.. may come back up to Park Verger.. not sure yet.

But SWMBO is also looking at cruises for September .. that is if my daughter will have Ezzie (we do not use kennels)...

down via Rouen, Clermont-Ferrand and then up and over the tarn gorge and down the other side ... avoiding Milieu.

hoping for some better weather.

Bob

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Well according to my map, that's precisely where Clermont Ferrand is - in the middle, Bob. (milieu) :ROFLMAO:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Well according to my map, that's precisely where Clermont Ferrand is - in the middle, Bob. (milieu) :ROFLMAO:

:roflmto::roflmto:...I don't say anything about french towns spelling now .... I used to but I don't anymore, and Funsters seem to understand each other whatever the spelling ....Mind you , I guess I would recognise Cambridge if spelt Kambriged :ROFLMAO:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Try being called Jennifer (my full name) and visiting Spain. My friends, another Jennifer and her husband, Geoffrey, own a villa near Almeria.

"Henni-fair y Heff-ray" to their Spanish neighbours ..... LOL

Well we both knew very well that Bob meant Millau - but it was such a good joke! :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back