Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Thought I would just mention this, The Site at Saumur in the Pays de Loire is now fully open , and a great Aires it is to all facilities, and chating to other motorhome users, you can stay as long as you like, also bread delivery, and a senior citizen came around selling strawberrys, the only downsde ,there doesn,t seem to be any shaos nearbye explored on my lecci bike, there is also a cycle path that I believes goes into Saumur itself Page 468 in Aires book.......Del

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Thought I would just mention this, The Site at Saumur in the Pays de Loire is now fully open , and a great Aires it is to all facilities, and chating to other motorhome users, you can stay as long as you like, also bread delivery, and a senior citizen came around selling strawberrys, the only downsde ,there doesn,t seem to be any shaos nearbye explored on my lecci bike, there is also a cycle path that I believes goes into Saumur itself Page 468 in Aires book.......Del

Cheers Del... thanks for the update...:thumb: Mel

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi Del

I wonder if that is the one I stayed on in May last year. It was an old camp site to the east of Saumur which was in use as an Aire, at the time some facilaties existed but if it is the same one it sounds as if they have done quite a bit of work on it. I did cycle into Saumur and into the country from the aire. There are also some interesting caves next to the main road nearby. I do not have my aire book with me to check the number you give.

Have a good trip.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
My favourite Aire in the whole of France is just south of that (10Km ish)

At Montreuil-Bellay...

Oct 24, 2013
Nantwich. Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
6yrs ish!
My favourite Aire in the whole of France is just south of that (10Km ish)

At Montreuil-Bellay...
Hi Gromett, I've been searching for this but can't find it, you got any more info. I'm wanting a one nighter on my way to Twin Lakes without going too far off my route. Traveling south from Saumur on the D163 towards Montreuil-Bellay.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Gromett, I've been searching for this but can't find it, you got any more info. I'm wanting a one nighter on my way to Twin Lakes without going too far off my route. Traveling south from Saumur on the D163 towards Montreuil-Bellay.

It's the white area here. Unfortunately the google car hasn't been driven past to give you a better view :(

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@47.1325436,-0.1588124,200m/data=!3m1!1e3

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
PS: it's been a few years since I was there...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back