all that storage and.......... (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Well I thought it was going to be easy but I am pulling my hair out.

Bigger motorhome, more storage but do you think we can fit everything in that we had in our old banger..........................

no !!!!

The metal struts underneath mean we cant get the large bbq in and our chairs wont fit either.

The cupboards are narrower than the ones in our old motorhome so am having to unbox everything and start again.

and no drawers !!!!!! I didnt realise how incovenient that is

hahahahahaha

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
if it has a bigger overhang at the rear you wont be able to put as much weight in as you think.

i fell into that one :Doh:
our rear storage area is 2 feet 3 inches high by 4 feet wide by 7 foot 6 deep but can only put around 150 kg in it due to the long overhang.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
boy you European owners suffer

if it has a bigger overhang at the rear you wont be able to put as much weight in as you think.

i fell into that one :Doh:
our rear storage area is 2 feet 3 inches high by 4 feet wide by 7 foot 6 deep but can only put around 150 kg in it due to the long overhang.

Never had that issue in an RV... but then we have a serious chassis and air assisted suspension. Storage never seems to be a problem either... large outside lockers and plenty of cupboards and yes draws... 4 of them... I know why I love an RV:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
we have lots of lockers and nearly the whole of the underneath. its just the struts between the floor and the undervehicle garage/lockers are not well placed for our currrent equipment.

Sonja has solved the problem. Didnt even consider storing chairs or a bbq under the bed.

Thanks so much sonja.

Its lovely there are helpful funsters dont know what I would do without you all xxxxx

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we use a lot of storage boxes

We have a lot of these storage boxes and they stack on top of each other.. we can get several in to each of the over head lockers .. that way clothes can be got to without them falling out all over the place.. we just lift down a box, remove item and put the box back on top or under the box there.. leaves a lot of room around the sides for items that are needed all the time.

We have had a change chairs a few times to get the right item .. a) for storage and b) for comfort.

But we have found it takes a few months to get used to a different vehicle and often you have to think outside the box to arrive at the right way to suit your needs.

Only today I have finished making a frame work to take Sue's scooter on the baby trailer.. it has been on it many times, but a new thought and a different way to do it saves a lot of work taking it apart.. but it was an idea that evolved over time with use.

Just got this RV all sussed and we are changing.. so will be doing it all over again.

Bob

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We have a lot of these storage boxes and they stack on top of each other.. we can get several in to each of the over head lockers .. that way clothes can be got to without them falling out all over the place.. we just lift down a box, remove item and put the box back on top or under the box there.. leaves a lot of room around the sides for items that are needed all the time.

We have had a change chairs a few times to get the right item .. a) for storage and b) for comfort.

But we have found it takes a few months to get used to a different vehicle and often you have to think outside the box to arrive at the right way to suit your needs.

Only today I have finished making a frame work to take Sue's scooter on the baby trailer.. it has been on it many times, but a new thought and a different way to do it saves a lot of work taking it apart.. but it was an idea that evolved over time with use.

Just got this RV all sussed and we are changing.. so will be doing it all over again.

Bob

Lets hope the frame fits the new one.

Gonna call you feet and inches from now as we just dont know how many you will have when we see you next :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Take no notice of him Gail just remember to post how many mpg your new van does when you find out, probably about 28 mpg :ROFLMAO:

Most of the storage on Bobs RV is in the petrol tank:ROFLMAO:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
wot you need is a fiamma box I will measure it tomorrow:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:It does have a bike rack doesn`t it????

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back