Things you didn't know you coud do (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
With an iPad?

Has anyone any ideas? Mine won't play links on here to YouTube,

I can't post pictures from iPad to here?

I know how to capture the screen which is brilliant and turn it in to a photo, what can you do?

Btw, awaiting the sky man to do me fibre optic broadband today can't wait , since I bought Harley his gaming pc for his birthday I can hardly get online :Angry: going from 2mb to 45 estimated :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
With an iPad?

:Angry: going from 2mb to 45 estimated :thumb:

Wow, I am so jealous. On a good day I have half a mb, yes half, 512k, Then when it rains and the copper is wet this drops to around 200k. Roll on 4g:Sad: Just checked, its flying this morning at 0.72:cry:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
With an iPad?

I know how to capture the screen which is brilliant and turn it in to a photo, what can you do?

Btw, awaiting the sky man to do me fibre optic broadband today can't wait , since I bought Harley his gaming pc for his birthday I can hardly get online :Angry: going from 2mb to 45 estimated :thumb:
No idea about the ipad as I am an android :Smile:My home system is with Virgin and delivers around 50mb and rising, give it a couple of weeks and you wont even notice the increase in speed until you use a slower system that will totally frustrate you.
If your son plays on-line gaming he will be well pleased.
My advice is to speed test your new system regulally and make a nuisance of yourself if it doesn't meet the speed, They changed all my connections and made some remote adjustments before I was happy with the service. I still get lows but not very often. :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
If I were to stand on an ipad it wouldn't look anything like that....sorry not got this diet up and running yet but any day now....watch this space :thumb:

I'm watching ... :thumb:

back on topic..

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what an iPad can do better than a lappy.. or even as good ....

all I read about are things it can't do ... :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I'm watching ... :thumb:

back on topic..

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what an iPad can do better than a lappy.. or even as good ....

all I read about are things it can't do ... :RollEyes:
As I see it the only positives are size, battery live and turn on speed. Compared to a lappy everything else is a negative. Not a lot for all that dosh:whatthe:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I can't post links either it seems.

I don't think an iPad can compete with a lap top but it is so quick and easy to use:thumb:

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
As I see it the only positives are size, battery live and turn on speed. Compared to a lappy everything else is a negative. Not a lot for all that dosh:whatthe:

You're right, i don't think it has not even got a USB port. But I could be wrong. :Blush:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
I can't post links either it seems.

I don't think an iPad can compete with a lap top but it is so quick and easy to use:thumb:
cant compete with a motorola xoom either,would love to have a play off, ipad against xoom side by side,first card i would play is posting links,second posting pics, third chatroom,fourth battery life,the list gets bigger and bigger:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: youtube no problem:thumb:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Screen capture on any iOS device is just press the power button and the home button at the same time.

Can't posting pictures be done with Copy & Paste, keep you finger on the image until the option appears.

Most youtube video should play, it's just Flash encoded that's a problem. Interestingly Adobe have given in and will soon stop releasing Flash players for all mobile devices including Android and Windows.

iPads Rule !!:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

You're right, i don't think it has not even got a USB port. But I could be wrong. :Blush:

add this one from another post
Hi got an iPad can't download word doc pls can u copy and paste to a MSG for me at

what's the point of a fast boot when it can't do the most basic tasks ...

like play uTube, no usb, can't download word docs or upload pics to Fun.. anything else.. ?

well yes....:roflmto:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XItcSTDCxiY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XItcSTDCxiY[/ame]

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Mine does play Youtube- they all should- there is an icon for it

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Can't posting pictures be done with Copy & Paste, keep you finger on the image until the option appears.

iPads Rule !!:thumb:

no i dont think so, ill go and try asits raining that hard outside i cant even walk the dog

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
cant compete with a motorola xoom either,would love to have a play off, ipad against xoom side by side,first card i would play is posting links,second posting pics, third chatroom,fourth battery life,the list gets bigger and bigger:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: youtube no problem:thumb:

First card I would play is touching the screen - instant connection:thumb:

Second card screen quality

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
add this one from another post

what's the point of a fast boot when it can't do the most basic tasks ...

like play uTube, no usb, can't download word docs or upload pics to Fun.. anything else.. ?

well yes....:roflmto:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XItcSTDCxiY

How odd is that, I've just watched this U tube clip on my iPad in superb hi definition, people keep telling me I can't? Maybe mine is really a zoom with a apple badge, no it can,t be, the quality is too good.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
How odd is that, I've just watched this U tube clip on my iPad in superb hi definition, people keep telling me I can't? Maybe mine is really a zoom with a apple badge, no it can,t be, the quality is too good.

I can too, but many I can't especially if they are in bedded :Eeek:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
First card I would play is touching the screen - instant connection:thumb:

Second card screen quality
the xoom has instant conection.
i played with them side by side in the shop and could detect no difference in the screen only the xoom is slightly BIGGER and has a higher resolution.
xoom rear camara 7 meg pix
xoom front camara 3 meg pix
remind me what the ipad's camara's are:ROFLMAO:
0.7 and 0.3:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
the xom spec:thumb:Today, an ultra-compact and lightweight computing device such as the Motorola Xoom 32 GB Tablet PC gets your work done. The Motorola Xoom 32 GB Tablet PC has a fast NVIDIA dual-core 1 GHz processor running Google’s latest Android 3.1 operating system. This Motorola handheld has spacious 32 GB onboard flash storage memory. The Motorola Tablet pc’s Lithium-Ion batteries last hours on a single charge. The Motorola handheld features a 10.1-inch, WXGA 1280x800-pixels resolution, capacitive touchscreen display. This Motorola Tablet pc supports reading files from microSD memory cards through the integrated card slot. It has twin cameras *— a 5-megapixel rear camera, and a 2-megapixel front camera. It is Bluetooth- and Wi-Fi- ready, and has an HDMI and USB 2.0 port.

Product Identifiers
Brand Motorola
MPN MOTOROLAXOOM32WIFISCHWARZ
Carrier No cellular ability
EAN 6947681507883

Key Features
Type Tablet PC
Family Line XOOM
Display Size 10.1in (25.65 cm)
Hard Drive Capacity 32GB
Operating System Android 3.1
Internet Connectivity Wi-Fi
Colour Black

Processor
Processor Manufacturer nVidia
Processor Type Dual Core
Processor Speed 1 GHz

Display and Screen
Display Tech WXGA
Display Max. Resolution 1280 x 800

Digital Camera
Rear Camera Resolution 7 megapixel
Front Camera Resolution 3 megapixel

Connections and Expandability
Expandability SD Card Slot
Expension Ports HDMI, USB 2.1
Wireless capabilities Bluetooth, WLAN 802.11a, WLAN 802.11b, WLAN 802.11g, WLAN 802.11n
Audio Input Microphone
Audio Output Line Out

Dimensions
Height 24.91 cm (9.8")
Width 24.91 cm (9.08")
Depth 1.29 cm (0.51")
Weight 0.71 Kg (1.56 lb.)

Battery
Battery Run Time 24 Hours

Additional Technical Informations
Input Method Touch-Screen
the ipad spec:ROFLMAO: please notice the battery life:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:24 hours on a xoom

Product Information
Things come alive on the stunning 9.7-inch widescreen LED Multi-Touch display of the Apple iPad 2. With WiFi support, this 16GB Apple iPad ensures you stay connected to your world all the time. The built-in dual-core A5 chip in this Wi-Fi iPad facilitates high-end gaming, surfing and overall performance. Gaming is at a vivid high with up to nine times the graphics performance on this 16GB Apple iPad. Capture immaculate shots in HD with the 0.7 MP front camera of this Wi-Fi iPad, while the secondary 0.3 MP VGA Camera lets you enjoy FaceTime video calling. For an enhanced movie-watching experience, play all your iPad’s digital content wirelessly on HDTV and speakers using AirPlay. Weighing a mere 601g, with an amazing 10-hour battery life, Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology and more, this Apple iPad 2 is here to become another extension of you.

Product Identifiers
Brand Apple
Model Wi-Fi
MPN MC769B/A
Carrier Not Applicable
EAN 5055147563210, 885909464548

Key Features
Type Tablet
Family Line iPad 2
Display Size 9.7in (24.64 cm)
Hard Drive Capacity 16GB
Operating System iOS
Internet Connectivity Wi-Fi
Supported File Types AAC, AAC LC, AAX, AAX Plus (AAX+), AIFF, AVI, Apple Lossless, Audible Enhanced Audio, Audible Format 2, Audible Format 3, Audible Format 4, DOC, DOCX, GIF, H.264, HE-AAC, HTM, HTML, JPG, Key, M4V, MOV, MP3, MP3 VBR, MP4, MPEG-4, Numbers, PDF, PPT, PPTX, Pages, Protected AAC, RTF, TIFF, TXT, VCF, WAV, XLS, XLSX
Colour Black

Processor
Processor Manufacturer Apple
Processor Type Apple A5
Processor Speed 1 GHz

Display and Screen
Display Tech LED
Display Max. Resolution 1024 x 768
Touch Screen Technology Multi-Touch

Digital Camera
Rear Camera Resolution 0.7 megapixel
Front Camera Resolution 0.3 megapixel

Connections and Expandability
Networking Type Bluetooth, Integrated Wireless LAN
Wireless capabilities Bluetooth, Built-in Wireless, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, WLAN 802.11a, WLAN 802.11b, WLAN 802.11g, WLAN 802.11n
Audio Input Microphone
Audio Output Speaker(s)

Dimensions
Height 24.12 cm (9.5")
Width 18.57 cm (7.31")
Depth 0.88 cm (0.34")
Weight 0.601 Kg (1.33 lb.)

Battery
Battery Technology Lithium polymer
Battery Run Time Up to 10 hours

Additional Technical Informations
Input Method Touch-Screen
Platform Mac, PC

Miscellaneous
Release Date 3/11/2011

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
the xoom has instant conection.
i played with them side by side in the shop and could detect no difference in the screen only the xoom is slightly BIGGER
xoom rear camara 7 meg pix
xoom front camara 5 meg pix
remind me what the ipad's camara's are:ROFLMAO:
0.7 and 0.3:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
My son has had an Xoom for a couple of years, great bit of kit but he has now moved on. He now has a wafer thin SSD Ultrabook which he much prefers. The good news is that he is going to pass the Xoom onto me when I visit in September.:thumb:

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
If I were to stand on an ipad it wouldn't look anything like that....sorry not got this diet up and running yet but any day now....watch this space :thumb:

There's probably a diet app you can get, though it will only be for iPhone as us on Android won't be needing it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am on the verge of buying a 7" tablet. For one reason and one reason only.

My laptop pulls 5 amps. So over 8 hours that the tab runs on one charge my lap top would have used 40AH.

It means I can watch films without using masses of battery power. I don't need to either use masses of battery power when I want to monitor my email. and finally I can watch films in bed.

Also with a Mifi, I can carry it about and do my emails/work anywhere.

I will be going either with the new google nexus 7 or the old Blackberry Playbook.

I am not spending more than £150ish on something so limited. But they do have their uses.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
With an iPad?

Paul
See Broken Link Removed

Also the post it refers to, you can then play flash with either of them

USB port see

Link Removed

Most things you can get around including watching video in HD on our large screen

Dock Connector to AV HDMI Adapter Cable NEW iPad 2 iphone 4 S iPod Touch 4 TO TV
COMPATIBLE WITH IPHONE 4/4S, IPAD 1/2/3, I POD TOUCH 4

Good luck

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back