Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I had an offer by a dealer today.. he has someone interested in it.. but the dealer wants it trade price... yea right... I have said thank you no.. not interested. If it sells now fine, if it does not then that is fine. I am not in a forced sale situation.

A lot of watchers (I suspect mainly from this site or RVOC members) and over 1,000 page lookers so far.

Anyway... just an up date on that 23'9' european size RV.

It will be at Rutland Water from Sunday so even if you want to be nosey and have a look at an smaller RV come along and have a look. Not in the hard sells ... No this is soft sell to date:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I had an offer by a dealer today.. he has someone interested in it.. but the dealer wants it trade price... yea right... I have said thank you no.. not interested. If it sells now fine, if it does not then that is fine. I am not in a forced sale situation.

A lot of watchers (I suspect mainly from this site or RVOC members) and over 1,000 page lookers so far.

It will be at Rutland Water from Sunday so even if you want to be nosey and have a look at an smaller RV come along and have a look. Not in the hard sells ... No this is soft sell to date:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bloody salesmen!

Eddie

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Now the offer is £32k

He has now come back again asking if I will accept £32k.... as I say I am in no rush to sell.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
considering what a dealer has offered

Considering what a dealer has offered on ebay and then his revised offer to me then I am not so far out on the price I put the RV up for.

There has been a lot of page turners, which means it is being looked at. The watchers are not of interest as if they were really interested then an offer or request to view would be made.

But as I have said if it goes now good.. if not then it is not a worry. I will run the advert for a few months and see what happens. But it is fully loaded that is the different to some on ebay.. this is a 'turn key' i.e you could camp the same day.

Anyway we will see. Still going a head with plans for our trip to the South of France in September, so may let the advert lapse while we are away. Next week we will be at Rutland Water and we are booked for Malvern in August as well.

Bob

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I wonder if the dealer is reading this thread. Probably,::bigsmile: so keep saying that your not too bothered about selling and he might up his offer. Or he might read between the lines as I have and realise how desperate you are to sell and get your hands on that nice new toy hauler::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Credit to the dealer though for taking the time to read the advert:ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You haven't owned it that long Bob... what is the reason for selling it?

Are you are trading up to a more suitable European Motorhome? :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
has it got the triton v10 engine bob?
i love the triton v10 engine i could fill it with petrol and drive to the next garage and fill it up again and the drive to the next garage and fill it up and drive to the next gara--------------i think you get my drift ,i love garage's/filling stations :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
would it come with a full tank of fuel or would this add 1000's to the price:ROFLMAO:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
has it got the triton v10 engine bob?
i love the triton v10 engine i could fill it with petrol and drive to the next garage and fill it up again and the drive to the next garage and fill it up and drive to the next gara--------------i think you get my drift ,i love garage's/filling stations :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
would it come with a full tank of fuel or would this add 1000's to the price:ROFLMAO:

PETROL..........What ya gona do when the oil runs out. Wont it run on reclaimed chip fat.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
bob has just PM'd me and said he will be back later as he is takeing someone on a test drive and ran out of petrol at the bottom of his driveway,so going on his scooter to get ten gallons so he can get back up his driveway:thumb::Smile:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
I wonder if the dealer is reading this thread. Probably,::bigsmile: so keep saying that your not too bothered about selling and he might up his offer. Or he might read between the lines as I have and realise how desperate you are to sell and get your hands on that nice new toy hauler::bigsmile:

He can't be that desperate to sell....a desperate seller would be mentioning his RV at every opportunity...and it's not like Bob has even mentioned that he's selling his...oh, wait...hang-on...erm...well, perhaps he's dropped a 'hint' or two that he might sell it :Blush:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
bob has just PM'd me and said he will be back later as he is takeing someone on a test drive and ran out of petrol at the bottom of his driveway,so going on his scooter to get ten gallons so he can get back up his driveway:thumb::Smile:
Then return for another 10 to show how that nice big PETROL generator works.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
He can't be that desperate to sell....a desperate seller would be mentioning his RV at every opportunity...and it's not like Bob has even mentioned that he's selling his...oh, wait...hang-on...erm...well, perhaps he's dropped a 'hint' or two that he might sell it :Blush:
keeps his cards close to his chest bob does,i did'nt know he was selling it:Blush:
perhaps if he had mentioned it at every opputunity i would have spotted it,i spose iv missed it now:cry:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
OK I have to do some work.. back

Unlike a lot of you I still have to do some work... I am home again for 3 hours before I head back to my office.

Yes enjoyed all the posts.. thank's Chris for all the plugs and the rest of you for keeping it live.

So easy some days.. just like taking candy from a baby.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Being serious.... I have an email from the dealer - who I do know. He did the electrics when it came into the UK. No I did not contact him.

The situation is he seems to have a buyer for it... he wants to confirm up over night and collect next week.

1st problem is I am at Rutland Water next week and I am not cancelling that. So he can have it after the 15th July... if that is no good then it is still on ebay.

I have reached that figure that I was prepared to sell at... It will mess me up for Malvern I think as I am not sure I can get the other deal completed in that time.

Oh for those that are not aware it is 23'9" long... I know some of you asked:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And no JIM I am not desperate to sell it.. if the toy hauler fell through it would not be an issue.. so I am not that worried if it goes now or 6 months time... just paid out £536 to renew the insurance.. plus it has full fuel tank etc.,

He (the dealer) and I know what my RV is like and how well spec'd it is... Personally I would have preferred to sell it after the season finished as beside Malvern we were heading to France and Spain in September (still will be able to do that with the toy hauler .. providing VanBitz can do the work I need done before we go)...

Until the cash is in my bank account the RV is not sold...

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
slobadoberbob; .. providing VanBitz can do the work I need done before we go)... [/QUOTE said:
Perhaps Eddie can do it by mail order Bob. I think he does batteries that way ...or he used to anyway::bigsmile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I had two enquiries on mine... (Which didn`t sell again)....:RollEyes:

Any smokers or Pet`s been in it....

Cos his wife was allergic to any animals or cannot go anywhere animals have been...:Sad:

So in honesty I replied "NO", No pets but yes to smokers...

And offered to paint all the ceiling "Brown".... :winky::ROFLMAO:

Pet bit was true... :thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
even Eddie cannot do a Sterling by post

Perhaps Eddie can do it by mail order Bob. I think he does batteries that way ...or he used to anyway::bigsmile:

Not even Eddie can do a Sterling Inverter installation by post... wish he could.. last time we had two days there doing the work.. I suspect even longer this time.. the list gets bigger.

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I know what you mean

I had two enquiries on mine... (Which didn`t sell again)....:RollEyes:

Any smokers or Pet`s been in it....

Cos his wife was allergic to any animals or cannot go anywhere animals have been...:Sad:

So in honesty I replied "NO", No pets but yes to smokers...

And offered to paint all the ceiling "Brown".... :winky::ROFLMAO:

Pet bit was true... :thumb:

Mo.. as and when I have the cash it is sold.. until then it is for sale...

I am not in a rush.... I am looking forward to Rutland Water next week.. so it can all wait until I get back... to old to fret about it.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back