Delighted To Report That Our 25 Year Old Hymer... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
...went straight through another "Inspection" (MOT) this evening at 7.30pm... :thumb:

What is more the nice man made a slight error and although, under the new regulations, it should only last 6 months I have a ticket for a year... :winky:

This saves me €42...

Well pleased...

JJ :Cool:

Attachments

• New MOT Sticker.jpg
    New MOT Sticker.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Congratulations. You just knew that washing those net curtains would work didn't you :roflmto:

I must confess that the net curtains have not yet been repaired or washed... We have decided it will be one of the things we do together as we laze in the sun on our up and coming holiday.

I know when romance is needed and what could be more romantic than doing the net curtains together, hey?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
So now its "our Hymer":ROFLMAO:
wait till it wants money spending on it then I know who's it will be:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

Princes and Princesses don't concern themselves with mundane stuff like money...

Princes and Princesses have people to deal with all that for them... :winky:

PS. I sometimes wonder what newcomers to Fun must think of all this nonsense... :ROFLMAO:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
If only.

I want to be in your world, it sounds a lot better than mine.

Assuming that it's not raining there.

Pete:Cool:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
...went straight through another "Inspection" (MOT) this evening at 7.30pm... :thumb:

What is more the nice man made a slight error and although, under the new regulations, it should only last 6 months I have a ticket for a year... :winky:

This saves me €42...

Well pleased...

welldone jj!:thumb: was it ever in any doubt that your old hymer would pass,it being a fine exsample, if looked after older euro motorhome's can go on for years and years,here's to the next 25 years:thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014

I don't know what you're taking me for John :Eeek:.... but this upsets me you see! First thing I said to JJ is :" if the bill is important I'll share it with you".
I would have quoted my words from Skype if some other stuff which is no one business hadn't be written in the same sentence. If you think I take JJ for a money mashine .... then You're Wrong . I will make no more comment on this. I just give you the opportunity to think about what you've written . Now this doesn't change the fact that you're a friend to me. You must have had a senior moment, and I will just keep this in mind! I am very surprised that JJ didn't give himself the right reply straight away......

Amicalement

Frankie

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Frankie - it was just a joke that the British use about money.

I can safely guarantee it was not intended as an insult towards you.:thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Frankie - it was just a joke that the British use about money.

I can safely guarantee it was not intended as an insult towards you.:thumb:

If so Treacle , and I will take your word for it , then THINK I am not British and this kind of joke is a real hurt to me, like a big smack in my face in public . Anyone knowing me a bit would be horrified . I have spent nearly half of my life paying for other people debts, working like a mad to be able to , then , afford my own life. Thanks anyway for your concern , it is nice to see that someone takes some time to explain. It warms me up:Smile:

Amicalement

Frankie:Cool:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I can confirm it is a 'British thing"

Frankie.. do not fret.. it is a very British type joke... No one here in MHF land would think of it as anything other than a joke... The British can laugh at all sorts of things.. themselves, the French:winky: but this is a common type of humour in the UK..

He did not mean anything by it..... if you think that is bad.. then you should hear some of the things we say ....

Bob:Smile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Frankie as others have said it was a joke and of no reflection on you .I have never meet you so how can I know much about you?I am sorry if my joke upset you, that was not the intention please ask JJ he will tell you we joke about never having any money when we have a lady.This is the first time I have heard the "WE" from JJ and this means you are one:winky:.My intention was not to offend anyone:Eeek:

Broken Link Removed Broken Link Removed Broken Link Removed Broken Link Removed Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Frankie as others have said it was a joke and of no reflection on you .I have never meet you so how can I know much about you?I am sorry if my joke upset you, that was not the intention please ask JJ he will tell you we joke about never having any money when we have a lady.This is the first time I have heard the "WE" from JJ and this means you are one:winky:.My intention was not to offend anyone:Eeek:

View attachment 13137 View attachment 13137 View attachment 13137 View attachment 13137 View attachment 13137

Don't you worry John , you are totally forgiven. Thank you very much for your kind PM . What I really appreciated is that you gave my post another read from my side , my point of view.
Not knowing that English could make jokes on this subject (very sensitive subject in a french couple) , I could not feel another way than upset. And of course , you could not know it would hurt me . I will try to remember that WE English and French (and any other nation by all means) have different ways of joking , and from now on , if ,first thing in the morning, I feel agressed , upset or whatever, i will first take a big breath , and then ask in a PM an explanation.
I would not like anyone to think I am fussy about jokes , or that I get my knickers in a twist over nothing , as probably some of you thought I did. I usually have I think a good sense of humour, but of course , for that, I need to have the same standards than the people I am talking to.
It is already quite hard when you speak the same language to be understood without any doubt, So ... even more difficult when you don't speak the same language + you don't have the same culture.

I am sure , you and me , have learnt a bit more today about human beings ... and their possible reactions::bigsmile::winky:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
It was definitely an "English joke", Frankie, but got lost in translation. Please don't be upset--I must be turning back into a Brit as I just saw the usual English jokey comment--it is never, ever intended as a personal slight.

Another example: To other British parents I would be constantly feeding my grown-up children money (known as the Bank of Mum & Dad) --nothing could be further from the truth but it's just what we call a standing joke.

British humour is VERY peculiar, and varies from region to region. I'm originally from Liverpool and some of the things that I used to hear there would make your hair curl, as we say.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I don't doubt it a second (about "hair curl") Pauline . But I am not the kind of person who stays upset a long time as long as I have intelligent people in front of me , making the effort to be "in my shoes for a second" and as long as I am given a chance to be in theirs. Understanding is the main thing ! I am in the right place to understand more as time goes by , because on here , there are sensible people who care about what a simple word can do. There is little pain compared to the comfort !!! Thanks to you all funsters , you're all great and sincere people:thumb:

Now my Prince ... err what were you talking about? Oh yes .... I do remember , The Hymer is in GOOD health ... good ! Splendid holidays ahead!! :Cool:

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
J Js Magic

It realy is an honour to converse with this knowledgable man. i have that much sense from him. last week stopped using blue. now on eco friendly liquid. so sweet.. the washing liquid i mean. am still larfing about the nets... have just written his christmas card. now i have to hope i remember where i put it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: just rememberd:winky::winky::winky::winky::winky::winky::winky: its in the computor:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
sounds a bit dodgey to me who m.o.t.s there van at 7.30 in evening.lol:thumb:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I love
A nice FEISTY French Frog::bigsmile:

It WAS only a joke Frankie, glad that you now get it.

Lesley
:hug:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
It realy is an honour to converse with this knowledgable man. i have that much sense from him. last week stopped using blue. now on eco friendly liquid. so sweet.. the washing liquid i mean. am still larfing about the nets... have just written his christmas card. now i have to hope i remember where i put it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: just rememberd:winky::winky::winky::winky::winky::winky::winky: its in the computor:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Never mind the flattery and the Christmas Card... SEND PIES... :thumb:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I love
A nice FEISTY French Frog::bigsmile:

It WAS only a joke Frankie, glad that you now get it.

Lesley
:hug:

I am saying nothing Lesley... :winky:

Silence here is probably the best policy... :ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Is that because its to hot to work around noon and they rest then JJ? like in Spain

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Is that because its to hot to work around noon and they rest then JJ? like in Spain

I hope you are not confusing Portugal with Spain John... no siestas in Portugal...

Grow a pair of balls man:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This comment seems rather well spelt Martin... I am suspicious... :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back