How do I empty my waste water? (1 Viewer)

daveski

Free Member
Jul 2, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Nu Venture
Exp
since May 2012
Hi, just joined this site but cant find a way to post a new thread so this thread is about water & pumps so I wonder if anyone can help me?. I am new to motorhomes and wanted to know where and how do I empty the waste water tank?. I cannot even see one. I thought the shower and sink water would just come out of the hose that is at back [underneath]. The water drains from the sink [so far] but I cannot see where it goes or how to empty the waste water. The van is a 1989 Fiat Ducato with Nu Venture back. Any help appreciated...cheers, Daveski

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hi, thanks, the pump is fine [automatic], my question was How do I empty the waste water tank?....cheers, Daveski

Daveski....see my last post to you

look under the back or side of your van for a pipe and plastic tap. park over a drain and turn the valve on by twisting and it will drain the waste tank. you should have another too for the fresh tank

OP
OP
D

daveski

Free Member
Jul 2, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Nu Venture
Exp
since May 2012
Daveski....see my last post to you

look under the back or side of your van for a pipe and plastic tap. park over a drain and turn the valve on by twisting and it will drain the waste tank. you should have another too for the fresh tank
Hi, I had a look and there is a black platic pipe and tap, I guess this must be the tap to drain one of the tanks [not sure which tank just yet]. The tap is very tight so I think I may need a good dose of WD40 to free it. I guess I will see from the colour of the water which tank it relates to. I do not need to drain the clean water tank, so hoping it the tap for the dirty water.
Cheers, Daveski

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
WD40 is not good news for plastic junctions - it can cause them to bind. Try silicone spray instead.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, I had a look and there is a black platic pipe and tap, I guess this must be the tap to drain one of the tanks [not sure which tank just yet]. The tap is very tight so I think I may need a good dose of WD40 to free it. I guess I will see from the colour of the water which tank it relates to. [HI]I do not need to drain the clean water tank,[/HI] so hoping it the tap for the dirty water.
Cheers, Daveski

You might need to drain it down for winter in case it freezes, so either way make sure you can release the tap and drain whatever tank it is.

Norman

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the fresh drain tap is usually indoors next to the water tank and will probably be 12mm.

the one underneath is the grey water tap and will probably be around 25mm/30mm.

your grey waste tank is slung under the floor between the chassis rails...the fresh tank is usually indoors under the dinette seating or similar.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
the fresh drain tap is usually indoors next to the water tank and will probably be 12mm.

the one underneath is the grey water tap and will probably be around 25mm/30mm.

your grey waste tank is slung under the floor between the chassis rails...the fresh tank is usually indoors under the dinette seating or similar.

A motorhome that age is likely to have both tanks slung underneath.

Best way to find the fresh water tank is to look underneath directly under the fresh water filler cap.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back