Using English bus passes in Wales (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We're at a THS in Abergele at the moment. Caught the bus this morning and asked for 2 day rover tickets. The driver asked if we had passes as, although travel is not free with English ones, Arriva allow discount on day rover tickets in North Wales - £3·50 instead of £6·50 each. Just show your pass and ask for concessionary day rover tickets.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I am amazed the driver dared to ask Jill for a pass :Eeek: - the fact that he knew you were an old codger does not surprise me ::bigsmile:

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Wales

Just been down to cardiff today to pick up a car. Went to put the post code in my sat nav and had to change country to do so.:Smile:

Always classed wales as a foreign country,:ROFLMAO: surprised they accept anything english.:whatthe::whatthe:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Just been down to cardiff today to pick up a car. Went to put the post code in my sat nav and had to change country to do so.:Smile:

Always classed wales as a foreign country,:ROFLMAO: surprised they accept anything english.:whatthe::whatthe:

More part of the UK than Rusholme’s Wilmslow Road.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012

Just thought, yes they do, they accepted my money when it came time to pay for the car.:Doh::Doh::Doh:

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
Sheep on their coats, sheep on the Avatar, travelling to Wales,.....:winky:

and on my shirt

Sheep-SILF.png

You'll never forget the Welsh!

Last edited:

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
Once when camping in North Wales I boarded a bus wanting to go to Rhyd Ddu a village near Mt Snowdon .

I climbed on board and in my finest Northumbrian / Welsh pronounced "one to Reeeed Duuuuu please" , the bus driver looked at me like I was from another planet and said "where" " Rheeeeed Dhuuuuu" I says rolling my R for effect , bus driver shakes his head , "no such place" say's driver ," RRRRRheeeeyyyd DDDDhuuuuuu " say's I , blank stare from driver .

Then on climbs a local "one to RRRhaaghd DDDaghhh" please :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Once when camping in North Wales I boarded a bus wanting to go to Rhy Dhu a village near Mt Snowdon .

I climbed on board and in my finest Northumbrian / Welsh pronounced "one to Reeee Duuuuu please" , the bus driver looked at me like I was from another planet and said "where" " Rheeeee Dhuuuuu" I says rolling my R for effect , bus driver shakes his head , "no such place" say's driver ," RRRRRheeeeyyy DDDDhuuuuuu " say's I , blank stare from driver .

Then on climbs a local "one to RRRhaagh DDDaghhh" please :Eeek:

Where?

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Update 2013

Currently in Llangollen and got the bus to Wrexham today.

The driver told us that concessionary fares (BwsAbout OAP printed on ticket) are available throughout Wales to holders of an English bus pass. All day ticket cost £2.80 here.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Currently in Llangollen and got the bus to Wrexham today.

The driver told us that concessionary fares (BwsAbout OAP printed on ticket) are available throughout Wales to holders of an English bus pass. All day ticket cost £2.80 here.

Is this a reciprocal arrangement I wonder ?

Mike

Shuggy68

Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
truckers

truckers driving buses never 2nd rate truckers never heard of that.....(IF UVE GOT IT A TRUCKER BROUGHT IT......)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back