Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
desided to change all my striplights for LED'S yesterday as all together my striplights use 120watt's 24x5=120 so bought some LED''S on a 5 metre stripe and changed the lot,job involves a soldering iron and a little know how and was compleated in about 3 hours,can only say im impressed at the amount of light these thing's give out,and for £9.69 a bargain:thumb:
i ordered the whitelight,at about 4.8 watts a mtr my lights are now about 4 watts each so 20 watts for the whole lot:thumb:

Link Removed

Last edited:

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
We have just fitted them Chris and they are brilliant in every way:ROFLMAO:
Our M/H was so lit up as 5mtrs went a long way but Ray put them in the kitchen as well.
He just cut them to size and put a switch in. Im a happy bunny :thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We bought the warm light

Last edited:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I did my previous van with these...
Makes a huge saving and better light than the old flouresents....

A worthwhile investment.... :thumb:
AND mega cheaper than buying them as a show !!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
desided to change all my striplights for LED'S yesterday as all together my striplights use 120watt's 24x5=120 so bought some LED''S on a 5 metre stripe and changed the lot,job involves a soldering iron and a little know how and was compleated in about 3 hours,can only say im impressed at the amount of light these thing's give out,and for £9.69 a bargain:thumb:
i ordered the whitelight,at about 4.8 watts a mtr my lights are now about 4 watts each so 20 watts for the whole lot:thumb:

Link Removed

when are you fitting the blue ones UNDER the van ? :roflmto:

thanks for the link.. :thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have mentioned this before but....

I would strongly recommend using a 12v regulated supply for LED lights. They don't last half as long as they should especially if you are on hookup a lot of the time.

They are designed to work on 12v so putting 14.5V through them is an increase of almost 21%.

I have used about 7 different types and they all suffer to some degree or other. The cheapest ones I buy from Hong Kong last about 3-5 months depending on which room they are in. These get dimmer over time then start flickering in batches of 3 leds, then they fail...

The most expensive ones last much longer but they do get noticably dimmer over a period of about 5 months also.

I have a 12V regulator but have only rewired one set of lights so far. The LED's on this strip have been going for 6 months so far and have maintained their brightness. They are still brighter than the ones I replaced only last month that are not on the regulated supply.

The regulator I use is Link Removed from Amperor.

This reminds me I must get on with rewiring the van....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back