A second smashing rv for sale (1 Viewer)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I see all the alcohol is at wheelchair grab height :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
A very nice example and only 23ft 9" inches long will it fit in a LEZ parking bay Bob:winky:
Geo

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Good game good game but you missed 'cuddly toy'

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
the problem was

Good game good game but you missed 'cuddly toy'

The problem was............. Either you got the basic vehicle which has a high spec at £32k and I took the extras off if I got a lower bid.. or I asked £34k or best offers with everything on... so I had to list them.. still a lot not mentioned.. but no cuddly toys I regret.. It amazed me when I did the list just how much we have on an RV...

But I expect a lot of stick.. especially when Buttons, Treacle and a few others wake up to the fact it is listed.. but that is life.

All I will say is that in my opinion (that is what counts) it is a bargain... :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Bob:Blush:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
But I expect a lot of stick.. especially when Buttons, Treacle and a few others wake up to the fact it is listed.. but that is life.

All good publicity Bob.. good luck with the sale, :thumb:

if I were in the market for a 23ft 9in RV I'd be beating a track to your door..:roflmto:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
if i feel the need to down size bob! i would concider something like yours but we need lot's of space, and a proper oven::winky:
good luck with the sale:thumb:

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
That 23. 9"...........

Is that American usable internal floor space... ?

Or overall as in front bumper to sticky out bit at the back... ?

Just curious.. :winky::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
front to back Mo

That 23. 9"...........

Is that American usable internal floor space... ?

Or overall as in front bumper to sticky out bit at the back... ?

Just curious.. :winky::ROFLMAO:

Front to back Mo... that is the book dimensions..

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
If I was in the market Bob I would worry after reading all of your advert.

By the time I got to the end I would be worried that the auction had ended.::bigsmile:

Nice van though:thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
no one cannot say it is well equipped

I will have to take a weeks leave from work, so that I have the time to read it...:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Well no one can say it is not well equipped for the money... There are still a dozen more things we did not even mention that are included.

But regardless I am bound to get someone ask has it got this or that..

As said not in a rush to sell.. if it goes now fine, if not so be it.

The big trailer has gone, so we will use the little one for the time being... so we can still do shows and get out and about as we want.

Bob:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Link Removed

TO SAVE YOU ALL HAVING TO HUNT FOR THE DETAILS.. HERE THEY ARE.

BOB:Blush:
Looks like you have crossed the Ts and dotted the Is bob. Come and kick the tyres at your peril. Good luck with the sale.:thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
You giving up Bob ???

Reads like it...:Sad:

If not a lot of the stuff you have listed ie 10 ton bottle jack etc... would have come in handy for your new rig.. :Cool:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
oh now we are not giving up

You giving up Bob ???

Reads like it...:Sad:

If not a lot of the stuff you have listed ie 10 ton bottle jack etc... would have come in handy for your new rig.. :Cool:

No Mo, not giving up.

We have done this with our last 3 RV's sold them as ready to roll. We just buy the bits again as we need them.

The toy hauler needs a bigger Inverter as Eddie of VanBitz advised and a different way of charging the batteries for the scooters (take to long at present).. The 10 ton Jack was a fairly cheap one off ebay at £22.00.. I will be replacing that with a Sealy and a higher tonnage with an air take off.. it was hard work lifting the RV with the flat it.. took the jack and the 2 sets or 4 x10 stack jack pads to get it up and the trailer was disconnected... so that is going to be a jack to match the job if it happens in the future.

Things like the snooper is 2 years old now... and I tend to change bits like that every 3 years in any case. but I have taken off certain items like the Garmin hand held I have on the dash and personal items like the Indian Breastplate.. want them for the replacement.

The rest of the items will just be replaced as we fit it out.. Sue will take most of her pots and pans etc., off .. I have not included my cobb unit or my coleman petrol stove. Wind break etc., fit that RV and will be no use to another... The awning on the new RV is electric.

kept the fiamma awning carpet,... Agin do not need ramps as the new RV has power jacks.

I like the fitting out of the RV's it is all part of buying a different rig.

I do not like leaving holes anywhere, hence leaving the cab cb where it is. Have not used it that much and may not replace it.

But no we are still here.. my C1 is valid for another 7 years.. may then think about it.

.... looking at ATV's at the moment... boy they are not cheap to get a decent one that is street legal.. also need to have it converted for disability and to carry the wheelchair on the rack at the back of the quad ... it is a case that we may end up with 4 weeks between the old going and the new in place ..may be less.

Bob

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hope you have left new owner a kettle Bob ::bigsmile:
terry
edit how many funsters are watching it ?

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
last time I looked 350 hits

Hope you have left new owner a kettle Bob ::bigsmile:
terry
edit how many funsters are watching it ?

Last time I looked there were 350 hits on the page and 14 had it on the watched list

Bob .. p.s no we have not left either of the kettles on the RV

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I am keeping an eye on it Bob so make that 13 ::bigsmile: Hope you don't loose the sale for no kettle :Doh::winky:
terry

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
thats one thing it does not have

Bob you missed off the dogslobber:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That is one thing it does not have.. Ezzie is not a big slobber, unlike one we had a few years back...

All the RV has throws over it so that no mess from Ezzie gets on the RV.. It has just had a two day clean down from the French trip .. we use a Ferminator on Ezzie .. we are very careful of mess from her... at sites and shows she spends most of her time outside.

My little Russian (well Bulgarian) is booked to do a full clean of the RV next Friday before we go to Rutland... But I keep my RV clean inside and out.

It even has it's Dyson (not within the deal) ... a mains rechargeable one .. very good it is... That is the advantage of an inverter that is 1500 watts allows us to charge it up in no time and ready for use when needed.

Bob:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Oh my goodness 14MPG, does it come complete with the anchors that are obviously holding it down. My 23ft van does 24mpg and I thought that a little on the thirsty side. Lovely space great layout and altogether nice van, but 14MPG no wonder you are selling it, hee hee.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We obviously live in a different world.

Last edited:
OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
The toy hauler is worse

Oh my goodness 14MPG, does it come complete with the anchors that are obviously holding it down. My 23ft van does 24mpg and I thought that a little on the thirsty side. Lovely space great layout and altogether nice van, but 14MPG no wonder you are selling it, hee hee.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We obviously live in a different world.

The toy hauler is worse Roger.... as it weight is more as is the length.

But it is a case of how miles a year do you do? we have not put a lot on the clock since we got it.... it is a well looked after little used vehicle...

Bob

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I'm not surprised you don't do many miles Bob neither would I at that cost. to me the motorhome is a way of covering as much ground and seeing as many different places as possible, to others I suppose it is to use as a glorified log cabin. Each to their own.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
but some log cabin

I'm not surprised you don't do many miles Bob neither would I at that cost. to me the motorhome is a way of covering as much ground and seeing as many different places as possible, to others I suppose it is to use as a glorified log cabin. Each to their own.

But Roger what a log cabin:winky:

Very nice it was in France for 3 weeks..... as it will be at Rutland Water coming up

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
OT Bob

How is Ezzie, Bob. Health issue all sorted now?

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Life is full of compromises Wildman, Bob compromises his MPG for absolute silver service luxury. You compromise that silver service luxury for slightly better MPG. I compromise your luxury and Bobs silver service luxury for something that will fit under hight restrictions yet is totally sufficient as a motorhome. The benefits are real luxury car like performance and unlike your two more luxurious motorhomes. It can really go anywhere without breaking the bank like Bob and yourself. Each to their own........:winky:

Last edited:
OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
That is right Buttons

Life is full of compromises Wildman, Bob compromises his MPG for absolute silver service luxury. You compromise that silver service luxury for slightly better MPG. I compromise your luxury and Bobs silver service luxury for something that will fit under hight restrictions yet is totally sufficient as a motorhome. The benefits are real luxury car like performance and unlike your two more luxurious motorhomes. It can really go anywhere without breaking the bank like Bob and yourself. Each to their own........:winky:

That is the point Buttons, everyone has there own views. There is no right or wrong in the issue.

While my next RV is longer (Just will fit on the drive) it is not any more comfortable.. it just has an area to store and load by hydraulic lift the disabled scooters and a ATV Quad..

I would love to have more slides like Mo has, but again it is a compromise having to have a Toy hauler. The main thing is I have a motor home which I enjoy. Yes it is expensive to run, but no one forced me to buy it, and it is not the first RV we have owned. So we went in with our eyes open.

But it is horses for courses for each of us.

Seems a lot of people have had a nose and the watched list is climbing... will it sell? who knows.. but not losing any sleep over it.. looking forward to Rutland Water meet and Malvern... we will see what happens in September for September at that time... but I may end up back in France, who knows.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back