LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Looking at having a Gaslow system fitted and this one: http://www.gaslowdirect.com/epages/cyujrhdmmu67.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/cyujrhdmmu67/Categories/Cylinders

seems to tick all the boxes.
Gives me enough gas, enables me to keep it topped up and will free up a small amount of space which will be useful.

If I buy it from Gaslow direct, can I get someone to fit it? (I did read some old threads that say it can be a DIY job but definitely NOT for me!!!)

Can anyone suggest either:
Fitting cost
Time to be allowed to fit it (so I can work out an hourly charge)
or recommend someone who would fit it.

Many thanks.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Looking at having a Gaslow system fitted and this one: http://www.gaslowdirect.com/epages/cyujrhdmmu67.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/cyujrhdmmu67/Categories/Cylinders

seems to tick all the boxes.
Gives me enough gas, enables me to keep it topped up and will free up a small amount of space which will be useful.

If I buy it from Gaslow direct, can I get someone to fit it? (I did read some old threads that say it can be a DIY job but definitely NOT for me!!!)

Can anyone suggest either:
Fitting cost
Time to be allowed to fit it (so I can work out an hourly charge)
or recommend someone who would fit it.

Many thanks.

Might not be the cheapest or the lightest but my two systems have worked faultlessly for years now...

I could have easily fitted it myself but got CMR ( http://www.cmr-limited.com/gas.html ) to do it... it took less than an hour but I had the correct regulator...

Should you choose to use them please say hi to them from me...

I also reckon Ash or CLS could do the job quickly...

a link here to my blog where the job is being done...

http://wagonman2000.blogspot.co.uk/...-max=2009-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=30

JJ :Cool:

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
i bought my gaslow system from Hamilton Gas Products http://www.gasproducts.co.uk/ as it was all cheaper than gaslow direct , bought the adapter so i could use my own regulator and fitted the refill point in the gas locker on a bracket , took 2 hours max and then just had a friend who is a gas safe engineer to leak test

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We have Gaslow. Yup - Mark (CLS) or Steve (Ash). Most likely other people in other areas; one would assume so.

Living where we do either of them live 'just up the road' and we also live virtually opposite a caravan dealers, so that was a third choice if we'd needed it. However - Gaslow are also 'just up the road' - so 'Man and his Black & Decker' aka Trophychap fetched it on a Tuesday, took the bottles back on Wednesday morning as the large bottles wouldn't fit through the gas locker door !! to swap for 2 x 6kgs and fitted it Weds afternoon.

I kept well out of the way; discretion is usually the best plan in these matters; but it really didn't take very long at all, couple of hours? So not like you'd have to pay anyone for 3 days labour or something.

Do take care to measure the aperture to compare to the bottle sizes before you commit - our locker itself is plenty big enough to accommodate two of the 13kg or whatever they are, but the diameter of them is wider than the equivalent normal butane/propane ones for some reason. :Doh:

OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Thank you, everyone.

Hadn't thought of the large bottle not fitting in the door :Doh: so thanks, Jenny, will be sure to check.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Dave has a selection of very large hammers should the size be of an issue !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not sure your comment is helpful but it is funny Steve:winky:

We're off to Goodwood tomorrow evening and won't be back in work till Tuesday next week.

D.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I've just bought a single 11kg Gaslow bottle and fittings, and as long as I didn't make a hash of drilling the side wall of the gas compartment to fit the filler assembly, and I could place the bottle just inside the compartment doorway I could probably do it myself.

However, to fit the bottle into the corner of a cramped two cylinder-sized compartment the whole regulator assembly will need removing and refitting to move the bottle into place. I'd rather have a gas-qualified person see to it - plus he'll do a better job of installing the filler assembly than I would. I doubt if it would be much more than an hour's work.

Don't underestimate the amount of pipe you'll need - better to have too much than for it to be stretching or under tension. I go for the stainless steel pipes every time.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
gaslow

i had the alugas fitted as it is half the weight of gaslow, but i had to have my regulator centralised in the locker so that i could fit 2 eleven kg bottles. i think that some ferries do not allow the 13 kg

SaschandGin

Free Member
Mar 10, 2012
Halifax, UK
Funster No
MH
Class A
Exp
Feb 12
I was just looking at Gaslow products yesterday and am planning on getting something like this fitted when we buy our first MH next week. Please let me know how it goes as I could do with the feedback

Thanks and good luck

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
I have a twin 11kg bottle Gaslow installation in my current van but am in the process of changing to another where I can probably only fit 2x6kg. I will keep all the pipes and filler assembly but is anyone interested in half price bottles 1 and 2 only 12 months old?
:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back