Finally did it (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I leave the MH on hook up in the drive, oil heater on if it's cold, top up battery, fridge. Knew that one day I would forget to unhook.
Yesterday was the day! :Sad:
Didn't realise what had happened until I reversed the MH at a shopping centre a few miles away from home.........saw the hookup flap sticking out.
Pulled out what remained of the socket and dashed back home realising that a live cable might be on the pavement.
The cable was on the edge of the pavement with the brass connectors bared and burnt.
I didn't touch the cable, went inside and unplugged assuming that either the fuse in the plug would have blown or a breaker would have tripped - neither had! :Angry:
Just replaced the socket on the hookup lead - everything OK.:Smile:
Anyone else done anything similar?
Vic

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Not the electric socket but was hailed by a passer by when at traffic lights, we had trailing behind us for a few yards was the aerial lead sticking out of the window at the time.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I leave the MH on hook up in the drive, oil heater on if it's cold, top up battery, fridge. Knew that one day I would forget to unhook.
Yesterday was the day! :Sad:

Anyone else done anything similar?

Vic

This must be one of the most basic errors made by beginners to motorhoming...

I would like to say that in over forty years of driving all sorts of camper vans I have never made such a daft, stupid mistake...

... sadly I can't say this because, after over forty years of driving all sorts of camper vans ... last July... for the first time ever... I drove off with the hook up hooked up to the Studio supply...

The stupidity was made worse by the fact that the unravelling lead caught on the Boss's sunlounger and nearly tipped him onto the ground...

I have lived with this guilty secret for almost a year now... :Blush:

It is good to confess... I feel a weight lifted from my conscience... :thumb:

Thanks Vic for getting me to do this...

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp