retaining catch Autotrail door (1 Viewer)

pebmartian

Free Member
Jun 24, 2012
Rural Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2008
Autotrail Savanah , habitation door hold back catch.
This is very weak , gust of wind this weekend slammed door shut with enough force to decapitate dog had he off been in its way.
Any ideas out there . The spiggott on the door that enters bodyside latch is poprivoted into palce (from manufactor) so removing it to fit alternative is a bit iffy!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
why?just drill out the old rivets .fit new .maybe even rivet a piece of ally or someting on first if the holes are in a different place . i,m sure a local garage can fix it in 15 minutes .

OP
OP
P

pebmartian

Free Member
Jun 24, 2012
Rural Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2008
Autotrail door holdback issue

Thanks for that , which will of course solve the problem.It bit sad though to have to do this to a year old Motorhome when really it is due to a ridiculously bad design frrom Autotrail.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Its an absolute p***poor design and not upto the job, looking into possibility of fitting a gas strut on top edge, in meantime we use a bungy to restrain it. :Angry:

Onboard ship our cabin doors are held open magnetically, a small diameter thin circular plate fixed to the door with a magnetic pad on a short stalk fiexed to the bulkhead (wall to any non seafarers) I've looked for something similar for the MH then I could remove the cheapo rubbish AT have fitted and mask the holes with the fittings. No joy yet, so if any of you dealers out there know of something similar please post. :thumb:

OP
OP
P

pebmartian

Free Member
Jun 24, 2012
Rural Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2008
Can you not claim under warranty if it's only a year old? I would contact dealer.:Smile:
Have contacted the Dealer and he is sending me a new femail fitting,
Dealer Quote "we ususally have to change these at each annual service"

Perhaps Auto Trail should wake up a redesign this piece of TAT

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back