morocco (1 Viewer)

dogmanlpool

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
liverpool
Funster No
MH
mercedes 609d
hello can anyone help would like to no the rough price of fuel (deisel), food , or any tips for morocco ? and am also told not buy ferry crossing tickets online ??? buy when you get to agadire from by the super market thanks keith

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
hello can anyone help would like to no the rough price of fuel (deisel), food , or any tips for morocco ? and am also told not buy ferry crossing tickets online ??? buy when you get to agadire from by the super market thanks keith

Snowbird & Roadrunner did a trip over the winter, their post on the trip is an excellent read. If you do a search for "overwintering in morocco" I'm sure you will find lots of info. There is another member who has travelled extensively over there, can't remember his name :Doh: I'm sure he will give advice if he is about.

cheers John

Just remembered the other member "vwalan"

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. its me .yes.read snowbirds article it really can help. i say when in morocco buy in markets .shops and super markets you soon get the idea . you may feel at times you paid too much but its all part of the fun . if you drink then i advise getting stocked up in spain. i mean stocked . you can buy alchol in maroc from super markets and alchol shops in most big towns . there is usually one in a back street . or buy wine in restaurants etc .but buy it just before you leave and take it with you.
but read the over wintering in morocco .if you need more ask.
have fun ,stay calm .you will need calmness to get over the first few days there. best travel with someone thats done it before for awhile . but its good fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bee

Free Member
Dec 16, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
We went to morocco in February this year had the most fantastic time fuel cost equivilent of 70 cents a litre food was similar to france the only thing We found hard was Halal meat we found it a little bland wine is possible to buy from the large supermarket We got out tickets from Algacerus but they were same price from Tarifa about 180 euros for a open ticket cant wait to go again next spring

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
to be honest as an ex slaughterman we eat the same as halal really here .yes its killed differently but it still ends up the same . there beef is different .doesnt get our grass etc . many of theirs are never out of a farm yard .they very often barb breed their cattle .have visited afew of them bit like poultry farming . think thats what makes the differance. if you go and take the tiznit to tafaroute road there is a bif cattle farm on the right a few miles out . just enormous barns they bring the feed to them . we actually camp outside now you dont even smell anything unless the wind is kicking off.
not all is bred like it though .in the little villages it can be quite tasty.
glad you enjoyed it though, it can be a shock to many .its changing fast .

there is a ferry from gibralter again .tickets from turners travel in irish town .near the police station in gib.

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
been going maroc forlast ten or so years as alan says changing fast mercs instead of donkey tractor instead of camel and donkey plowing . but still pretty backward in the more rural parts . as far as prices go lots cheaper than europe (food diesel ect ) and a lot more relaxed atitude "wild camping" . the weather generaly a lot better too . all in all i wouldent spend a winter anywhere else lotto win apart obviously . stan :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Regarding meat in Morocco,the best advice I can give is use a pressure cooker or slow cooker/tagine for all meat except chicken. Its the only way you can chew it.
Unfortunately they don't butcher it the same way as we are used to and its generally tough as old boots. Even lamb as we know it is mutton.
Other than that that its a great country. We are hoping to return this winter and maybe travel further south. Enjoy it whilst you can as it is changing fast in the cities but the countryside is much the same as it was in biblical times. There is also a boat from Sete for those not wishing to transit the bandit country or those using Aframes.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
agree d i use a pressure cooker alot of the time . the chicken are ok. they kill and pluck etc while you watch . best keep watching they may try to cheat you .i ,m going regular. forget bbq, or frying steaks .we buy alot of turkey pieces when there they seem to have it alot
dinde is what to look out for .if my head is working.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back