Parkers guide equivalent for motorhomes? (1 Viewer)

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I have not seen one I think there are too many variations to actually do one.
Most dealers look at the year plate and who the manufacturer is and work on that, or they just think of a number:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
No there is nothing like it. I find the best price guide is ebay. use the advanced search and search only the sold listings give a a good idea of what people are paying. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Try mmm

Motorhome Monthly used to have a buyers guide most months. It's been a while since I last bought a copy so it may have changed have a look at one in tesco or somewhere.

Good luck in your search Gail, by the way that Chauson should definately be a Diesel engine all the badges indicate that anyway.

Regards

Pete

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
No there is nothing like it. I find the best price guide is ebay. use the advanced search and search only the sold listings give a a good idea of what people are paying. :thumb:

Hi Gail as Jim says only check out all the vans both sold and for sale simply because a lot of people view vans and make offers then the van gets removed without making a sale via ebay:winky:-never pay asking price even if it is a bargain,ask for a reduction -if you do not ask you will not get :winky:
I recently went for my mate a van and he said he would just pay for it as it was a good price but I asked for a grand off selling price and without hesitation he offered 500 off :thumb:I was not happy but also got him to leave the gaslow refill bottle system on as he was removing it to fit another van :thumb: so all in all not that far off the 1k asking ::bigsmile:
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you would have no luck with me then

Hi Gail as Jim says only check out all the vans both sold and for sale simply because a lot of people view vans and make offers then the van gets removed without making a sale via ebay:winky:-never pay asking price even if it is a bargain,ask for a reduction -if you do not ask you will not get :winky:
I recently went for my mate a van and he said he would just pay for it as it was a good price but I asked for a grand off selling price and without hesitation he offered 500 off :thumb:I was not happy but also got him to leave the gaslow refill bottle system on as he was removing it to fit another van :thumb: so all in all not that far off the 1k asking ::bigsmile:
terry

Terry you would have no luck with me then.

I have a price and there is a list of 105 extras that are only included if the asking price is paid in full.. anyone that makes me an offer can have the RV as per the description.. but the long list of extras that runs in to thousands will be removed.. just sell them later or put them on my replacement Toy hauler.

Not everyone puts a price on for a knock down.. I price it at a fair price to start.. as you can see in my avatar ... I do not suffer fools gladly.. that includes tyre kickers, wheel wobblers, the mate that is a mechanic or those that have lemonade money by champaign tastes or fancy an afternoon out to waste my time.

If my RV sells when I put it on next week.. great.. if not I carry on using it and as and when it will go. and as everyone knows it is 23'9" long.. a Winnebago Aspect and fully.... fully...fully loaded with toys and all the best yank items. Already had an offer of £28k.. not interested it is £32k I want..and that is what it gets sold for with all the extras.. only a mag would not want them....

Bob:Blush:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry you would have no luck with me then.

I have a price and there is a list of 105 extras that are only included if the asking price is paid in full.. anyone that makes me an offer can have the RV as per the description.. but the long list of extras that runs in to thousands will be removed.. just sell them later or put them on my replacement Toy hauler.

Not everyone puts a price on for a knock down.. I price it at a fair price to start.. as you can see in my avatar ... I do not suffer fools gladly.. that includes tyre kickers, wheel wobblers, the mate that is a mechanic or those that have lemonade money by champaign tastes or fancy an afternoon out to waste my time.

If my RV sells when I put it on next week.. great.. if not I carry on using it and as and when it will go. and as everyone knows it is 23'9" long.. a Winnebago Aspect and fully.... fully...fully loaded with toys and all the best yank items. Already had an offer of £28k.. not interested it is £32k I want..and that is what it gets sold for with all the extras.. only a mag would not want them....

So Bob if I offered 31.5 k you would loose the sale for 500 quid ?:Doh:
If it was me buying the other van I would have offered 30 k and left it :winky: but it was not so the guy got 31.5k (also wanted 32k)
Yours would not have even made the short list ::bigsmile: or anything else with a 5 ltr plus lump :winky:
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Motorhome Monthly used to have a buyers guide most months. It's been a while since I last bought a copy so it may have changed have a look at one in tesco or somewhere.

mmm take there prices from the asking price of dealers that advertise with them... also as in RV's they only publish it once or twice a year if I recall.

I think the way JIM has suggested gives a good idea of what the prices are making. But what you cannot do is compare like for like as most will be in different conditions or have extras etc.,.. Only way is to work out what you want and keep looking.

Bob

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Anything is only worth what someone will pay

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
no Terry I would not

So Bob if I offered 31.5 k you would loose the sale for 500 quid ?:Doh:
If it was me buying the other van I would have offered 30 k and left it :winky: but it was not so the guy got 31.5k (also wanted 32k)
Yours would not have even made the short list ::bigsmile: or anything else with a 5 ltr plus lump :winky:
terry

No Terry, although you may think it strange I do not work like that. I may reduce the price to the equivalent of the saving in advertising fee's on ebay, but I tend to put my terms and conditions down (trouble being a lawyer I suppose) the price is £32k with all the extra's if you want to offer less and it is what i am happy with then you do not get the long list of extras.. you still get a very good fully equipped RV... but not with all the extra toys, which I can sell or put on my replacement RV/toy hauler. I have not haggled with the seller over that price as it was what I expect to pay. Why try and screw a bit more out of him? buyers and sellers have to believe that there has been a equitable trade, not i have been screwed on the deal.

I do not tend to barter for items. If I think they are good value and I am happy then that is the way I work.. may be others do not work that way. But as far as I am concerned I set my price. The RV is way below it's market value with the basics it has let alone all the extras. When it sells.. no rush it will sell. It is not the first RV I have bought or sold... 25 years of doing it.

The trailer I had for sale.. I was selling it well below the price of a similar one.. I knew what i wanted. What I paid for it, (I did not haggle for that either - agreed a sensible price and paid it) and what I was prepared to lose at at the end of the day after using it for the time I had it. I was happy with that and the buyer is happy.. end of story. I reduced the price by the cost of the ebay listing and end fees / paypal fees. simple.

I have a very high feedback on ebay over 11 years of buying and selling (these days buying).. I set my mind to the price I want to pay and do not get auction fever.. I prefer a buy it now price and that works for me.

Bob

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Ive a good idea of what I want, :thumb::thumb:

I do like yours its just out of my price range :Angry::Angry::Angry:

Just fed up looking at rubbish - newer vehicles full of rust, vehicles where HPI check throw up issues and motorhomes that have damp yet the owners insist they are damp free and people who have overpriced their motorhome

If money were no object I would by this
Link Removed

or this Broken Link Removed

but thats just not going to happen

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
No Terry, although you may think it strange I do not work like that. I may reduce the price to the equivalent of the saving in advertising fee's on ebay, but I tend to put my terms and conditions down (trouble being a lawyer I suppose) the price is £32k with all the extra's if you want to offer less and it is what i am happy with then you do not get the long list of extras.. you still get a very good fully equipped RV... but not with all the extra toys, which I can sell or put on my replacement RV/toy hauler. I have not haggled with the seller over that price as it was what I expect to pay. Why try and screw a bit more out of him? buyers and sellers have to believe that there has been a equitable trade, not i have been screwed on the deal.

I do not tend to barter for items. If I think they are good value and I am happy then that is the way I work.. may be others do not work that way. But as far as I am concerned I set my price. The RV is way below it's market value with the basics it has let alone all the extras. When it sells.. no rush it will sell. It is not the first RV I have bought or sold... 25 years of doing it.

The trailer I had for sale.. I was selling it well below the price of a similar one.. I knew what i wanted. What I paid for it, (I did not haggle for that either - agreed a sensible price and paid it) and what I was prepared to lose at at the end of the day after using it for the time I had it. I was happy with that and the buyer is happy.. end of story. I reduced the price by the cost of the ebay listing and end fees / paypal fees. simple.

I have a very high feedback on ebay over 11 years of buying and selling (these days buying).. I set my mind to the price I want to pay and do not get auction fever.. I prefer a buy it now price and that works for me.

Bob
I agree with you Bob
your not asking an over inflated price to begin with so why should you drop the price
as you say it is fully loaded with lots of toys

if i had the 32K I WOULD BYE IT
but i am happy with my RV for the time being when i come to sell i would want a fair price
with the extras that are fitted and the maintenance at what ever the costs
as i know who every buys it is getting a well looked after motorhome with lots of life left in it

good luck with your sale
:thumb:
ian

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

Bob
Morning Bob while I can see your point if you took the bird in hand offer and stuck it in a BS in 3/4 months you would have your asking price and would have been rid of the van-I hope you have it priced good and it sells for you :thumb: I think it sounds good (but do not really watch RV prices- no interest to me )and all the extras make it even better :thumb:
good luck on the sale :Smile:
terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Thanks Terry

Morning Bob while I can see your point if you took the bird in hand offer and stuck it in a BS in 3/4 months you would have your asking price and would have been rid of the van-I hope you have it priced good and it sells for you :thumb: I think it sounds good (but do not really watch RV prices- no interest to me )and all the extras make it even better :thumb:
good luck on the sale :Smile:
terry

No rush to sell, I will put it on eBay see what happens...

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
No rush to sell, I will put it on eBay see what happens...

Don't want to teach you how to suck eggs Bob but stick it on auction with a starting bid of your 32k -if it is a good a bargain as you say (you have me convinced it is a good buy) it may well sell for a good bit more :thumb: If it does not sell then use there classified adds :winky:
terry
PS- pm me the number so I can be a nosy watcher ::bigsmile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I do not think there is any chance of anyone on fun not knowing when and where Bob will put his RV up for sale Terry:ROFLMAO:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
The only publication with motorhome and caravan prices is Glasses Guide, a trade publication and that will only list vans that have gone through an auction.

Frankly it is not very comprehensive as many makes/models never see the rare auctions where these vehicles are offered.

Peter

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I do not think there is any chance of anyone on fun not knowing when and where Bob will put his RV up for sale Terry:ROFLMAO:
YEP I TEND TO AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

well he needs all the publicity he can get to save the ebay charges :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

go for it bob we will be watching :Eeek::Eeek:

terryandelaine

Free Member
Mar 29, 2014
Malton
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euro Yacht 180
Exp
Found this via search. Great tip. Now searching ebay sold prices. Never used ebay so only been looking at what was for sale.
Been trying to decide what is a fair price. This seems to be a minefield.
Some motorhomes we have looked at are pretty shabby inside for the price.
Viewed a Hymer at the weekend, £20, 000. Owner bought it for £17,000 last year, toured Europe, had some repairs done so added cost of repairs to price paid last year and now wants £20, 000.:Doh:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i thought it was deja vu:Eeek:

loads of ancient threads being reopened recently

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
triple M mag used to list price guides but not bought one for years so no idea if they still do.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think yhe MMM price guides are just a list of what the ads are asking at dealers so no good for private sales also best to look at the mileages our first motorhome looking back (just 2 years ) was a bargain. Paid 21.5k for a 3 year old chausson flash 3 with 38k on the clock. I think others were put off by the mileage but to me no problem its a transit!. Had a few repairs but not many and traded it in for £500 less 2 years later.I would try to narrow it down to a layout then check the e-bay sold listings and come up with what seems a sensible amount to pay. It then doesnt matter if you get money off or not if its the price you want to pay and the condition you want.

David

geo glasgow

Free Member
Feb 2, 2014
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail cheyenne
Exp
When i sell my house can i retire in this

Link Removed

:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: