Dusseldorf Show Help (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I am certain many of you hardened motorhome show funsters will have been to the LARGE
motorhome/caravan salon in Dusseldorf.
We are considering a visit this year and need any pointers or tips from you. We have checked the website etc, as we are in Durham the ferry is a big question.
Is Dover or Hull the best option and is there any particular days to avoid at the show? Is anyone venturing over this year?
Your help is ALWAYS appreciated and normally readily available.
Many thanks in anticipation.

BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Dusseldorf

I think you can do the sums yourself regarding a ferry from either Hull ot Dover. I don't have any choice in the matter as my wife suffers badly from seasickness making the Dover Calais route the only option really.
The Dusseldorf show is definitely the biggest and best in Europe. You should allow a minimum of 2 full days just to get round it. Avoid the weekends if you can, they are usually so busy that it's very difficult getting into the vans. It may be quieter this year as the German economy is suffering from bailing out the rest of Europe, but who knows, the missing Germans may be replaced by Greek buyers anxious to spend the euros the Germans have given them!

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
We are calling at the show the 1st time we have done it also. We are calling at the start of our epic german/poland trip 5 weeks intotal.We have joined the caravan salon club ( its free and you save 4or 5 euro each on the entry price.We are staying at the camping ground on site. We live in Leeds so are crossing Hull / Rotterdam return.We did the sums its slightey more expensive than dover/calais but you save the drive down hassle & the extra miles on the motorhome. ps doing this mail from Just south of paris in the sun round the pool with a beer. Its a hard life but somebodys got to do it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We are calling at the show the 1st time we have done it also. We are calling at the start of our epic german/poland trip 5 weeks intotal.We have joined the caravan salon club ( its free and you save 4or 5 euro each on the entry price.We are staying at the camping ground on site. We live in Leeds so are crossing Hull / Rotterdam return.We did the sums its slightey more expensive than dover/calais but you save the drive down hassle & the extra miles on the motorhome. ps doing this mail from Just south of paris in the sun round the pool with a beer. Its a hard life but somebodys got to do it.

Thanks for the information, very useful. I don't mean to brag but in Durham today we have 20 degrees and a bright light in the sky. They used to call it the sun but who know's. Enjoy France, I'm sure you will. We may see you at the show.

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I seem to remember reading Dusseldorf has an LEZ in place worth checking and if so make sure you are complient or it could be an expencive trip.
ah yes here is the info
http://www.lowemissionzones.eu/countries-mainmenu-147/germany-mainmenu-61/dusseldorf

Thanks for the information. All appears vague. I have a Euro 5 but not much detail given as to costs etc. I will delve deaper.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Even if complient you can be fined for not having a sticker to say you are, I think you can apply online cost around 12€ I think, let us know how you get on. Might go myself next year

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thanks for the info

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
You can apply online via Berlin office. Cost I believe is 6 euros. They are very quick to send you the sticker back.

Link for information. Also if you only have a yellow sticker as a foreign registered van you are exempt from the fine until Jan 2014 if you are entering a green zone.

http://www.stadtentwicklung.berlin.de/umwelt/luftqualitaet/de/luftreinhalteplan/download/Umweltzone_Broschuere_en.pdf

Sonja

Last edited:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
we are hoping to go, we went last year too, we applied for the caravan salon discount card.

last year we were told that the show was outside the unwelt zone, just. there are free buses into town from the camping ground.

the cost was 9 each or 15 for two days with salon card discount .

motorhome camping at the ground was 15euros per day time nights free, you have to leave before 8am or you are charged another days parking. lots of aeroplane noise, really low flying at that point. (paid on arrival as you park). bought entry tickets for the show at a kiosk at the camping ground prior to show, but can get them at show too.

there is a motorhome filling point just before entry to the camping ground, we tried to fill up as we left the show and there was a couple of hours wait.

our sat nav coooordinares were n51 16126 e006 re.q190,

pat

Last edited:
OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
we are hoping to go, we went last year too, we applied for the caravan salon discount card.

last year we were told that the show was outside the unwelt zone, just. there are free buses into town from the camping ground.

the cost was 9 each or 15 for two days with salon card discount .

motorhome camping at the ground was 15euros per day time nights free, you have to leave before 8am or you are charged another days parking. lots of aeroplane noise, really low flying at that point. (paid on arrival as you park). bought entry tickets for the show at a kiosk at the camping ground prior to show, but can get them at show too.

there is a motorhome filling point just before entry to the camping ground, we tried to fill up as we left the show and there was a couple of hours wait.

our sat nav coooordinares were n51 16126 e006 re.q190,

pat
Thanks Pat, any information you can supply will be greatly appreciated.
Wilf

BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Dusseldorf

I've just remembered - you will not get an electric hook-up. Those that exist are all allocated to exhibitors.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back