Rutland gathering - happenings (2 Viewers)

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
NEARLY HERE
Well the attendees list is growing, we can take many more, we have been allotted a field big enough for as many as we can fit in, so book your time off work, if you need to, and come and enjoy the company of other like-minded people.
£6.00 per night , can’t beat that, payable on arrival, but remember no electric or toilet facilities so you should be self sufficient.
We have also been given the use of the barn, whoopee!!, so no problem if it decides to rain. The ground is good even in heavy rain, as we found out on our reccy.
There will be lots going on for those that wish to partake, but plenty of time to chill too.
Keep an eye out for a thread asking you to supply us with some information we will need for booking in etc. This will be coming through a couple of weeks before the gathering starts, and it is important that everyone fills it in, if they can.
Here are some of the things that will be happening over the week.
Sunday 8<SUP>th</SUP>, Monday 9<SUP>th</SUP>, Tuesday 10<SUP>th</SUP> Wednesday 11<SUP>th</SUP> <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Chilling out mainly on these days, but you can visit the ‘Meet & Greet Tent’ anytime, there will be tea/coffee and biscuits provided, in this tent at times. Cups not provided.
Bring your musical instruments with you and you can join others in the ‘Music Tent’, (whether you are learning or not), for jamming sessions. Or if not playing, you can sing along or just listen, you may need some earplugs though.
Social evenings in the barn
Wednesday 11<SUP>th</SUP> <o:p></o:p>
3.30 p.m. Afternoon Tea – to be held in the Meet and Greet Tent – Tea/Coffee provided, some cakes would be nice – anyone any good at baking? If not a shop one would be good, we’re not fussy.
Thursday 12<SUP>th</SUP>
As above but we will be having a communial BBQ. You have the use of the charcoal/gas BBQ – bring your own meat, etc. Time of this to be confirmed.
Friday 13<SUP>th</SUP>
As above but instead of a communial BBQ we are making arrangements so that those that wish can buy fish & chips. In the evening there will be music in the barn plus karaoke and Irish Bingo.
Saturday 14<SUP>th</SUP>
10am to 1pm - Saturday Market (stall holders are yourselves) in the barn if raining, if not outside. You can sell anything you want (within the law), i.e. cakes, handcrafts if you have a talent, clothes, any spare parts, even the kitchen sink if you want, so get baking, clearing out your attic, wardrobes, drawers and garages.
4.00p.m. – Join us for a laugh when we will be having a few activities for those that wish to participate, if not come and watch, it will be good fun, i.e ‘Bush Carpenter’ (how good are you with a hammer?), Fray Bentos Pie rolling comp. (had to repeat this, it’s such a laugh – not as easy as it looks though), Egg Race with a difference, Balloon Competition and more. Good prizes to be won.
Some other activities will be going on during the week so you will not get bored. You will receive the information on these on arrival.
6.30 p.m. Join us in the barn for a Jacobs Table (this is where each member takes a plate/s of food suitable for a buffet, where we all tuck in, so please remember to bring something with you). You will also need to bring your own crockery and cutlery in case needed. This will flow on into the evening where we will be having music provided, so don’t forget to also bring your own chairs, bevvies and glasses. Plus Irish Bingo.
Dance the night away.
Sunday 15<SUP>th</SUP>
10.30 a.m. We will be doing the usual bacon butties, bring your own tea/coffee – donation of £1.00 each would be appreciated.
The rest of the day you can chill, possibly hold another communial BBQ if required, depending on the numbers left, if some are staying on til Monday. 16th.
If you are not familiar with Rutland Water, there are sufficient footpaths for walking enthusiasts, dog walking and bicycle rides. We are informed one of the rides is 20 miles long and you can tag along with others if you want.
Also there has already been a thread on this, if you are thinking of changing your RV/Motorhome, you can advertise it on the forum and bring it along with some FOR SALE signs, you never know you might just find a buyer, alternatively if you are looking to buy, you might find it here.
There is also a mobile motorhome mechanic on call, he will be at the site during the week, so if you need any jobs done or habitation checks, even to have a solar panel fitted, he will be your man. It would be a good idea to arrange this beforehand to make sure he can fit you in. Call Steve on 07976 167477 – You get 5% discount for being a member. Also if you have any problems whilst on site, just give him a call.
What we also need is for you to bring along a recipe with you, for a meal that you cook in your RV/motorhome that you would like to share with others. We will be compiling a recipe book at a later date and when completed it will be sold in aid of a charity. There will be a post on the forums for other members to submit their favourite recipes too.
For those of you that are not too keen on gennies, we are sectioning an area off as a ‘NO GENNY ZONE’.
We would also like to ask if anyone is into Zumba or other form of exercise and would like offer their experience by holding informal sessions to share with other members during their stay.If so please pm us.
We would like a couple of First Aiders to put their names forward, should the unexpected happen, so if you are willing, please send PM.
Any questions please send us a PM.
Nigel and Pamala - Marshalls - Assisted by Bob&Jane, Ken&Wendy and Garry

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Wow what a lot to do thanks for thinking this out --I need to make a list so I dont get muddled
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Wow what a lot to do thanks for thinking this out --I need to make a list so I dont get muddled
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

All the information will be in your welcome pack - just remember to bring something for the Jacobs Table and meat for the BBQ if you intend to join us.

See you there.

Nigel and Pamala

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I found a sign for sale today in France

There I was in the E'Lecrec supermarket this morning and I found a French sign .. for sale in french.... great.. thought I could use that at Rutland Water.. something different.

Yes it was until the price €9.30 ... to much for a little bit of plastic.

so it is to be a bog standard UK made at home selling the RV.

Now to find all the junk to sell on a stall.:winky:

Bob

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
There I was in the E'Lecrec supermarket this morning and I found a French sign .. for sale in french.... great.. thought I could use that at Rutland Water.. something different.

Yes it was until the price €9.30 ... to much for a little bit of plastic.

so it is to be a bog standard UK made at home selling the RV.

Now to find all the junk to sell on a stall.:winky:

Bob

One man's trash is another man's treasure. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Another bump, by way of a suggestion. :Smile:

Bump to keep this info at top for all to read especially new members
Garry, why don't you or Nigel ask Jim to make this thread a sticky for a specified period, that way keeping it at the top of the Rallies & Meets forum?

It's just a thought.

Jock.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I reckon Bob and I are going to be kept busy by the Sundowners at this one ::bigsmile:

If the Rallies and Meets section is used for organising and registering interest only it will be easier for everyone to keep an eye on what is going on!

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
just unloaded from France, now loading for Rutland

We have just finished unloading from France, and we now start loading for Rutland... never ending.

Looking forward to it.

Bob:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I know what you mean Bob, we feel like market traders, putting the marquees up and down, seems like every other week.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But we managed to pack up at Stratford and all was dry, so we are ready to go. :thumb:

Just a reminder Rutland is not far away now, its going to be a great meet, a lot of pre planning has taken place, and a lot of hard work time and effort will take place over the week, so if you want to attend this rally get your name down. :thumb:

:winky: So come on funsters I'm sure we can out number the RVOC cant we. :roflmto:

We have lots going on, anyone that plays anything bring it with you. :thumb:

Anyone that owns a musical instrument and can't play it, bring it with you we have a lot of talented members, you have to see it to believe it. :whatthe::thumb:

We have enough room for 500 motorhomes, party tents and a barn.

Anyone that needs any information on anything from RVs / European motorhomes or travel to far away places, this is the place to get it.:thumb:

See you all there. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back