Dometic fridgefreezer - thermostat? (1 Viewer)

gowboy

Free Member
May 26, 2011
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
Fiat/Benimar 7000 A Top
Exp
two
Stab in the dark: Dometic RM7505AES fridge freezer on constant min. temp - causing fins to freeze up, food to frost - no matter how thermostat is set. Unit been turned off, thoroughly defrosted, still behaving same way.
Been on Leisuredirect to see parts guide, spoken to ELUSIVE Dometic agent, think whole front thermo/control unit may need replacing, expecting repair £150+ (part alone).....just wondering if there is an easy fix i am missing?? I know zip about gas, but happy to tinker if there is something obvious that anyone can suggest....
Can you help?

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I am sure D Newell would no doubt know as he is an expert on these matters

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Just a thought on some Dometic models the plastic spindle between the control knob and the rehostat thingy breaks so you move the knob but it does not move the stat always worth checking:thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
this could be the thermistor in the control (heat controlled resistor) or the internal thermocouple that clips to the fins in the back of the fridge compartment.

have seen the same problem cured by just emptying fridge and resecuring the probe with the fin clips. It had dropped off and was below the fins

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Just a thought on some Dometic models the plastic spindle between the control knob and the rehostat thingy breaks so you move the knob but it does not move the stat always worth checking:thumb:

as its an AES model, the temperature control is electronic I believe for the whole auto energy source range

OP
OP
G

gowboy

Free Member
May 26, 2011
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
Fiat/Benimar 7000 A Top
Exp
two
this could be the thermistor in the control (heat controlled resistor) or the internal thermocouple that clips to the fins in the back of the fridge compartment.

have seen the same problem cured by just emptying fridge and resecuring the probe with the fin clips. It had dropped off and was below the fins

thanks will check this.... I have been back to my van today to have a poke around, and doh noticed a "Climate Control" switch underneath the control panel - this was in the "off" position - so on the poss that i caught it and turned it off some weeks ago whilst cleaning I have turned this "on" and restarted the unit - will check tomorrow to see if this is the underlying temp. issue????!!!! Any thoughts? Interesting that the original manual does not mention it, and that the Dometic engineer didn't ask me about it.... I wait with bated breath.....

OP
OP
G

gowboy

Free Member
May 26, 2011
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
Fiat/Benimar 7000 A Top
Exp
two
Resolved....

as per my last comment, "problem" resolved - thanks for your input, it's a learning curve!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back