Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Yes very good

Yes, very good all of you..... Now there is a 23'9" a 28' and a 30' RV for sale.. We have all sizes to suit all... I suspect a 32' could be found if you ask Toffs.G.. He has a mini Winni that is 32' for sale as well.

Bob:Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Dave..They are all jumping ship leaving the sinking Rvs...oooops ship.... static's with a engine :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
First it was 1..23'.9....then 2 a 28'.... now 3 a 30'....then a 32'....soon it will be.. 4 ..5..6...7:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.... now looking for a ice cream cart the euro box:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Looked it up and the other side has an 18 foot slideout...

Brilliant... :winky::ROFLMAO:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I think there may be one for sale, but I think it is in France at the moment gathering evidence of Gas attacks!!!:winky:

Who mentioned GAS ATTACKS....not that one again.....get out the alarms again:Eeek::Doh:

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
how cutting bob only talked to them he did not gas them :Eeek:
there in nothing wrong with a small RV mine is only 27ft has every thing including the sink and double bed
is of much better quality of many more expensive euro vans

if you have to look at the cost of running one you should not buy one you can not afford it
as with any motor there are up costs if you drive them
my rv is easy to drive and far more comfortable than most euro vans

so i say if you want a motor home do look at the RV RANGE :thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
`tis true!!!
Bob has been talking to someone that was gassed, they slept for 11 hours apparently!
Me, I reckon they had a bottle or two too many the night before!!:ROFLMAO:

TIS TRUE.........BOB.......OH MY GOD.......GAS ATTACK GAS ATTACK...ATTACKED BY GAS....:Eeek:.........You may be right on that one Madmark62:winky::winky:me and the wife + Bruce will sleep with our gas masks on...just to be safe...if BOB has said it Mark it must be correct ...HEAR SAY is not allowed in court and can not be used as evidence!!!:Doh::cry::winky::winky:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I am used to it.

how cutting bob only talked to them he did not gas them :Eeek:
there in nothing wrong with a small RV mine is only 27ft has every thing including the sink and double bed
is of much better quality of many more expensive euro vans

if you have to look at the cost of running one you should not buy one you can not afford it
as with any motor there are up costs if you drive them
my rv is easy to drive and far more comfortable than most euro vans

so i say if you want a motor home do look at the RV RANGE :thumb:

I am used to it... make a sensible post, report an issue or possible issue and you get the usual suspect ... doubting thomas's .. AT least I spoke the to man it happened to.. not reporting it 5th handed or a friend of a friend. I cannot say if it is true or not.

For myself.. having an RV with dead locks like Geo... we have two of them on the Winnebago habitation door.. both are used at night. We also have the VanBitz Strike back alarm and we set the night mode and that also covers the trailer via the extension loop. Yes we have two cab doors, but we have an external screen on that would be a real pain to get through... I am not an easy target... they go for the one's that are.

Going back to Shiffy's post of the RV ... that is not so unusual.. I have been saying for ever, well 5,000 appox posts that my RV does 14 MPG... which given the 6.8ltr V10 engine and the 5 tons it is not bad.

The fact I am selling mine is not jumping ship.... I have owned RV's now for over 25 years.. my first A class came from Dudley's (main Winnebago Agent) well over 20 years ago. I have had all sorts of yanks at various times... only eve had one euro box.. a Glendale... would never go back to european after what you get in an RV... My next RV is a toy hauler.. slightly longer.. not a lot... But not jumping ship for sure. If I have my way there will be a couple of weeks between one going and the other arriving.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Yes, very good all of you..... Now there is a 23'9" a 28' and a 30' RV for sale.. We have all sizes to suit all... I suspect a 32' could be found if you ask Toffs.G.. He has a mini Winni that is 32' for sale as well.

You lot are flooding the market of RV sales - What you playing at - it will bring prices down :Blush:

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I doubt it

You lot are flooding the market of RV sales - it will bring prices down :Blush:

I doubt it, there is always a good 40 on ebay at anytime.... the others will not affect my asking price. In no rush... if it goes soon fine, if not then fine, will continue to use it until it does go.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Often over looked by Rv bashers, and I do like my mathamatical arguments but punch holes in this one if you will

Bobs all singing and dancing go anywhere Rv is up for sale at circa 35k-40k if memory serves:thumb:

To get anywhere close to the fixtures and fittings, cos you wont get near the space or luxury.
You will have to spend close to 80k for a Eurobox equivalent

that leaves the Rv buyer about 40 K to spend on fuel:winky:

After another 5 years Bobs Rv will sell at say 27k a loss of aprox 10k add to that 10-15 k for five years of fuel total cost 20-25k =5k a year all in :thumb:

The 80 K Euro box will lose 25k in the first year:Eeek: and he still has to finance his next 4 years fuel.
Resale value after 5 years circa 45-50k 5 years fuel at half the RVs is 5k- 7500 -granted but
Total over 5 years loss of 40K =8k per year

To those willing to just look outside the box never mind think outside the box its a no brainer:Doh:
Its cheaper to own and run a RV simples

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
if you look outside the box and do the math John and check prices against both euro and american similar age like Geo does - it does equate well, the only thing a euro motorhome has over an RV is the ability to get to some of the more tucked away places/sites (but this is the smaller ones)
Euro motorhomes do anything from around 22 up to about 28/30mpg solo an RV will do the average of lets say 12 solo or towing a car and trailer, if you add lpg into the equation you get a similar mileage to a european one plus real size facilities and comfort.
The saving on the purchase price between the two more than makes up for the fuel you would use and for long term touring comfort they are hard to beat.
Buttons converted mini-van of course cannot be included in the equation as he uses a trailer tent for his accomodation - so he informed us not so long ago

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Have to swing kittens in eurovans ::bigsmile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Actually it is £32K fully loaded

Often over looked by Rv bashers, and I do like my mathamatical arguments but punch holes in this one if you will

Bobs all singing and dancing go anywhere Rv is up for sale at circa 35k-40k if memory serves:thumb:

To get anywhere close to the fixtures and fittings, cos you wont get near the space or luxury.
You will have to spend close to 80k for a Eurobox equivalent

that leaves the Rv buyer about 40 K to spend on fuel:winky:

After another 5 years Bobs Rv will sell at say 27k a loss of aprox 10k add to that 10-15 k for five years of fuel total cost 20-25k =5k a year all in :thumb:

The 80 K Euro box will lose 25k in the first year:Eeek: and he still has to finance his next 4 years fuel.
Resale value after 5 years circa 45-50k 5 years fuel at half the RVs is 5k- 7500 -granted but
Total over 5 years loss of 40K =8k per year

To those willing to just look outside the box never mind think outside the box its a no brainer:Doh:
Its cheaper to own and run a RV simples

Yes Geo you have summed that up well.... the buying price is a lot less than a euro box and it has £14k of extras fitted .. ready to roll for £32k try matching that in a euro box....

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
plus Buttons tell porky pies re the MPG

if you look outside the box and do the math John and check prices against both euro and american similar age like Geo does - it does equate well, the only thing a euro motorhome has over an RV is the ability to get to some of the more tucked away places/sites (but this is the smaller ones)
Euro motorhomes do anything from around 22 up to about 28/30mpg solo an RV will do the average of lets say 12 solo or towing a car and trailer, if you add lpg into the equation you get a similar mileage to a european one plus real size facilities and comfort.
The saving on the purchase price between the two more than makes up for the fuel you would use and for long term touring comfort they are hard to beat.
Buttons converted mini-van of course cannot be included in the equation as he uses a trailer tent for his accomodation - so he informed us not so long ago

Yes fully agree Buttons is excluded.. he tells porky pies about doing 95 mpg.. plus he has to pull his bed behind...

But being serious.. at my 23'9" and mine is not the only RV that size.. can get in to any space a eurobox can... but with a lot more luxury.

Geo's figures sum up the value aspect of owning an RV... we talking about every day sort not the mega coaches which will depreciate day by day until they get to a certain age and value. But the normal type RV's under say £50k are very good value for money given what they have on board.

Even my baby has a slide out.

Bob:thumb:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I have a 2007 Winnibago Sightseer super slide all the toys + leather, LPG conversion , sat tv and more.

All the best Rick

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I'm gonna have to ask, explain Toy Hauler to the uninitiated, please.

Seriously, I have no idea what one is as opposed to an RV, and I fairly obviously know what a Eurobox is. (Though whatever nationality - they are all boxes, just some of em are more shipping container than box LOL)

I can even grasp what a 5th wheeler is and why it's called that.

So I'm assuming a Toy Hauler is a smaller version of a ----- what?

(I thought at first Bob just meant he was going to trailer a Smart car ..... :winky:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back