campsite near regal furnishings Derby (1 Viewer)

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Hi,

We are off up to Regal in Ilkeston next week to get the uphoslstery done. Any-one know of a near by campsite open, for a 8.5m van. Seem to be thin on the ground with a web search.

ken

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I think the nearest Is
Golden Vally Caravan Park Ripley 9.1 miles
Here
Geo

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
This one 9 miles

Link Removed
Geo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
When i was talking to them they told me they had a site they used nearby.

Most sites wont allow work vehicles on so unless your taking your work into them be careful.

Bessie560

Free Member
Sep 28, 2007
Funster No
Ilson

Hi
I'm from ILSON me duck and often go down from Durham to see my folks
There are 2 CLs within 3 miles of Ilson. One at Awsworth next to the gardeners Pub and One not far from the Chequers pub at Stanton by Dale I've stayed at both of them. If you would like more details I'll dig out the relevant books PM me!
I'm sure they would both accommodate a RV
Barry

traveller

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
Hi
I'm from ILSON me duck and often go down from Durham to see my folks
There are 2 CLs within 3 miles of Ilson. One at Awsworth next to the gardeners Pub and One not far from the Chequers pub at Stanton by Dale I've stayed at both of them. If you would like more details I'll dig out the relevant books PM me!
I'm sure they would both accommodate a RV
Barry
T

Thanks for this info. We also need to visit Regal Furnishing sometime soon so this info would be useful.

Traveller

Bessie560

Free Member
Sep 28, 2007
Funster No
ILson Sites

I prefer Page 183 of C & C C Big site book Listed under Nottingham Babbington Kennels Honestly you won't be disturbed by the dogs! Less than 2 miles to Ilson
phone 01159324576
The other one is a working farm and I was kept awake by tractors 'til 3 in the morning (it was harvest time!) It's in the Caravan Club Site under Ilkeston but cannot find it at present will post when I do lol
Barry

OP
OP
J

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Thanks for all your replies. We have gone for the Golden Valley site at ripley. Many thanks to Geo for that.

ken

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Thanks for all your replies. We have gone for the Golden Valley site at ripley. Many thanks to Geo for that.

ken

Hi Ken,

You will find Golden Valley a really nice site. Plenty of room, plenty to see and do in the area like the Buttery railway just a little walk away. Take a walk over, you will find the railway museum where the Queens Coach is now stored. If you ask nicely or look interested they will get the keys and let you go inside for a look round. We found it fascinating.

We stayed there last Easter, we had a great time. People were very friendly and the owner came round every day for a chat.

BTW - I'm Geo's other half.

Take care, safe journeys

Pammy

OP
OP
J

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Thank you Pammy. I am very interested in trains, so will make a point of heading for the museum. Unless it's not open yet for the season of course.

ken

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Thank you Pammy. I am very interested in trains, so will make a point of heading for the museum. Unless it's not open yet for the season of course.

ken

I think it's open all year round - I remember taking our boys when they were very small to see Thomas the Tank Engine on New Years Day. You'll enjoy it.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
i think it might be a spam post, tho why when the company's name is mentioned throughout the posts i dunno..... someone registered in may, 1st ever post and it's got a web link to a company.

when i first saw the post, i wa about to offer my driveway, we are in eastwood, about 5 miles from ilkeston (they did my vans furnishings, very good quality) but then i saw the date, and figured they'd have been sat on the new furnishings for over a year :Doh:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
when i first saw the post, i wa about to offer my driveway, we are in eastwood, about 5 miles from ilkeston (they did my vans furnishings, very good quality) but then i saw the date, and figured they'd have been sat on the new furnishings for over a year :Doh:

What a nice offer:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back