Small sites in Norfolk (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Due to family illness we are forced to tour the UK for a while. We didn't realise after 30 years you had to book years in advance. Tried several CL's but nobody has the decency to reply. Our trip starts on June 29th.
We intend to start at Kings Lynn and work our way around the coast, rain wind etc.
Have any funsters stayed on a small site on route all the way round to Cromer and beyond?
Your help is much appreciated.

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
For a 'wild camp' try calling the Lifeboat Inn at Thornham [5 miles round the coast from Huns'ton with a superb beach a mile's walk away over the dunes] to see if they'd mind you overnighting on their giant car park! We did, no probs, great time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Can't help on small sites around here, we always go elsewhere. :roflmto:

If you are around King's Lynn at the end of June/early July you are welcome to park on our drive for a night or two to make the King's Lynn trip a bit easier.

We are to the west of the river, 12 minutes walk to the small ferry into King's Lynn so no problems trying to park in town. We are down a long but roomy cul-de-sac and it's very quiet most of the time AND it's the posh end, 4 motorhomes and a caravan between the last 5 bungalows so you won't look out of place. :ROFLMAO:

Water if you need it, a loo dump if you don't mind lifting a manhole cover and electric if you really must.

PM me if you think this is any help and I'll give you [STRIKE]the neighbour's[/STRIKE] my address and you can have a look on google. :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
well there that flat chested woman I saw sunbathing topless on the broads.
PS no need to book at the lazy Buzzard in Ilfracombe, hee hee

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I've just had a week at Copthorne Hall CL at South Creake.Site has EHUs water,WC emptying point. shower room and loo. A very pleasant walk (about 15min) across a field footpath to the village. The footpath brings you out in the car park of the Dog Friendly pub,The Ostrich Inn. Good wholesome food and real ales,I can reccmmend the fish and chips,the beer battered fish is superb:thumb:
It is run by Mrs Gardener and is about 15 miles from Kings Lynn.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Norfolk sites

I can definately state that there are NO small friendly sites in Norfolk, at all, period, the border was closed and manned by armed guards to keep furriners out!!, or should be.:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I've just had a week at Copthorne Hall CL at South Creake.Site has EHUs water,WC emptying point. shower room and loo. A very pleasant walk (about 15min) across a field footpath to the village. The footpath brings you out in the car park of the Dog Friendly pub,The Ostrich Inn. Good wholesome food and real ales,I can reccmmend the fish and chips,the beer battered fish is superb:thumb:
It is run by Mrs Gardener and is about 15 miles from Kings Lynn.
was it you I saw at the beach :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Can't tell you about many from kings lynn to cromer all though I'am sure there are loads of CL's CS's a little inland, and I know of one nice site a place called The Old Brick Kilns at Little Barney near Fakenham, also a site at Fakenham race course , from Cromer heading towards Norwich I know of a few, but try doing a search on here http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/
there is also Deers Glade people seem to like it there, I know of several CL's CS's inbetween Aylsham and Norwich if you like a bit of fishing there's Hevingham Lakes or Cobbleacre, and Pound Farm nearby, then there's The Fox public house CL site on the main road, a little further towards Norwich is another CS site called Milestone which is one I stay at most of the time has a shower/toilet and free washing machine, but take a look through the site in the link there are loads of sites to choose from

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I can definately state that there are NO small friendly sites in Norfolk, at all, period, the border was closed and manned by armed guards to keep furriners out!!, or should be.:thumb:

We are prepared for a military force. Us geordies are always ready. We will be carried in under darkness by pigeons fitted with cloth caps and dropping tripe to lure the gunners away.:ROFLMAO::Eeek:
You will not be prepared.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Norfolk sites

Ha, but our specially prepared subterranian nuclear powered moles will detect the ground tremors and detonate , thus rendering your nefarious lurkings obsolete. !!

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
We went along that coast last year.Our favourite was the CL at Wells.It's on a farm on top of a hill just west of Wells with lovely views and a short walk into Wells across a field.
:thumb:

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
We are prepared for a military force. Us geordies are always ready. We will be carried in under darkness by pigeons fitted with cloth caps and dropping tripe to lure the gunners away.:ROFLMAO::Eeek:
You will not be prepared.

Bit rich classing durham boys as geordies:winky: I can also offer a drive about 6 miles along the A47 towards Norwich if needed. We wild camped at a place called salthouse which is just before sheringham along the coast road, it is a beach car park, with a pub about 1/5 mile away called the dunmorrow cow or something like that. My mate also has a cl around docking, he's in the book under rose cottage or something like that, I could get the details if you like.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Norfolk sites

You've had weetabix this morning I assume.:ROFLMAO:

Don't need 'em mate, we ave raw tannips and red diesel for brekkie .
The site at the stables overlooking Wells is Mill Farm, stayed there many times, (when we can get on), the pub at Salthouse is The Dun Cow, also near the pub is Cookie's, a seafood salad place, absolute heaven, oops, let that out dint I. !!

OP
OP
wiljoy
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Bit rich classing durham boys as geordies:winky: I can also offer a drive about 6 miles along the A47 towards Norwich if needed. We wild camped at a place called salthouse which is just before sheringham along the coast road, it is a beach car park, with a pub about 1/5 mile away called the dunmorrow cow or something like that. My mate also has a cl around docking, he's in the book under rose cottage or something like that, I could get the details if you like.
Sorry about the Geordie bit, Newcastle will hang me from St James Park (The new name isn't allowed up here).
Thanks for your offer, found your friends campsite. Still planning, passports, border control etc.:ROFLMAO:

The V10 Squad

Free Member
Jul 11, 2011
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Four Winds B class
Exp
Jan 2010
Due to family illness we are forced to tour the UK for a while. We didn't realise after 30 years you had to book years in advance. Tried several CL's but nobody has the decency to reply. Our trip starts on June 29th.
We intend to start at Kings Lynn and work our way around the coast, rain wind etc.
Have any funsters stayed on a small site on route all the way round to Cromer and beyond?
Your help is much appreciated.

Hi we just back from week in East Runton but bigger site Woodhill, but there is a CL 5 van site in village, under caravan and camping we walked through it for a nosey, very nice near railway but only local line. Steph and John:Smile:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
friendly site Norfolk

Hi try the cl site at ingoldisthorpe about 10 miles up the coast from lynn or the Queen Vic pub at Snettisham 3 miles further on. cheers ivory 55

David Parkes

Free Member
Apr 27, 2012
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2005
Norfolk

Last time we went east we stayed on the sandringham estate there is is a caravan and camping club site and a camping club site there but when we stayed we weren't members of either,it not far from for folk and we will most certainly return we loved it. Dave Parkes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back