Gassing .. yes spoke to the man (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Do not know the spelling, Perona? north of Paris.. I have spoken to the couple.. they had a dog ... slept 11 hours.. neither of them sleep that long and they we broken in to along with trailer tent and a static bungalow plus there motor home.. his wallet and cash plus phone but not the credit cards. Had no headache but as said slept 11 hours (both) something they never do and also the dog.

Now this is the first person I have spoken to that has made the claim that it happened to them.. not a friend of the fifth cousin etc.,

I have no reason not to believe him.. what he tells me seems to add up.

Bob:Blush:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
My thoughts

must agree Bob.. no doubt about the theft.. but gassing ?

. more likely they had one or two many sherberts the night before..

My thoughts as well.. I did ask if they had any headaches .. both said no... Sue was speaking to the lady and I spoke to the chap.. we were at different ends of the RV.. same story.

But it is the nearest I have got to someone that claims it happened to them.

When I have a chat next with them, I will see if anything can be added to the claim.

Bob

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
even on an operating table anaesthetics have to be monitored and constantly applied during a long operation.

even if they slept normally for the first 8 hours then were 'gassed', that's still 3 hours of unmonitored anaesthetic with absolutely no after effects.

and i'm sorry, but enough anaesthetic to put them under would have killed the dog without doubt.

load of bollocks and I bet they have fairies at the bottom of their garden as well.

or are you just bored Bob :winky:

Last edited:
OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
no John not bored

even on an operating table anaesthetics have to be monitored and constantly applied during a long operation.

even if they slept normally for the first 8 hours then were 'gassed', that's still 3 hours of unmonitored anaesthetic with absolutely no after effects.

I bet they have fairies at the bottom of their garden as well.

or are you just bored Bob :winky:

No John.. not bored, just having a lay break.. I gave them a MHF card, so who knows he may join up and we can ask him more.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
So the only 'evidence' of it being a gassing attack is that they slept longer than normal?

Would YOU take the case, Bob? ::bigsmile::winky:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Bob, when you say broken into, what signs? smashed window? did they leave doors unlocked? if not just how did the naughty people get in? On a site or wild camping?

How is my interest.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Thanks BOB i will watch this thread with interest :Eeek:

Ian

My thoughts as well.. I did ask if they had any headaches .. both said no... Sue was speaking to the lady and I spoke to the chap.. we were at different ends of the RV.. same story.

When I have a chat next with them, I will see if anything can be added to the claim.

Bob

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
This is already a case of someone who met someone, not a first hand account at all. You cannot answer all the questions already posed as it was not you that it happened to.

Sounds like someone adding 2+2 and getting something other than what we all know it should be.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
My thoughts as well.. I did ask if they had any headaches .. both said no... [HI]Sue was speaking to the lady and I spoke to the chap.. we were at different ends of the RV.. same story.[/HI]
Bob
The lengths some owners will go to to get across the full dimensions of their RV:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
nice one Buttons .. one to you

The lengths some owners will go to to get across the full dimensions of their RV:ROFLMAO:

Nice one Buttons, that point goes to you... 23'9" I would remind everyone.. as I am selling it.. just a European size motor home (exclude VW's.. they are matchbox cars).

Bob:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Jenny he does not need any help from you

LOL @ Buttons

But Bob, you keep telling us it's short ..... for an RV ::bigsmile:

Jenny, Buttons does not need any help from you...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.... he is more than capable as we know of starting a bun fight on here. :winky:

But honest Jenny it is small for an RV... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Buttons was speaking to the lady and I spoke to the chap.. we were OUTSIDE of the VW.. same story.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The concept of two different conversations taking place at once inside is alien to Buttons

Last edited:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
must of been on a site - Bob said that the couples van plus a trailer tent and static bungalow (thought all bungalows were static though) were all broken into

Last edited:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I slept far longer than normal last night.......12 hours. (and No, not a drop passed my lips :RollEyes)

was I gassed ?

Sleeping for 12 hours, I wish I could do that, even with half a sleeping tablet:RollEyes:
Margaret:Smile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You want first hand you got it
Pammy very light sleeper (her own description)
Me Normal to heavy sleeper (my own description)

We were robbed in France
RV broken into 2am ish
Habitation door lock destroyed entry failed due to deadlock
Driver door lock destroyed and entry gained, cash only stolen
credit cards left in the wallet, wallet left on floor robbers disturbed and seen fleeing from our RV
We Both slept through it like babies, no gas ,no headaches, no alcohol to speak of, well two of the small french bottles
You sleep very much sounder than you think,
it took a few mins of our mobile ringing to wake us up for our friends to tell us we'd been done over
Dead locks Dead locks, and with the help of Jims staying safe security advise
tis the only way:thumb:
Geo

Last edited:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
First....sorry second time I've ever heard of thieves taking the time to examine the contents of a wallet or handbag at the scene of crime. Usually they just snatch and run and dump unwanted items at their leisure.
Must be a new breed of discerning tea-leaves on the loose. ::bigsmile:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
When the first cases of "gassing" hit the headlines several years ago I remember a radio interview where an expert said that what gangs from eastern europe were using was a product that was available in every town in an aerosol spayed into caravans....this product was freely available
for about £6 a throw.......he said he knew what it was but didnt want to go public.

I do remember the interview and I have wondered

what this might be and if there could be anything behind his statement. ........I have always thought the anesthetic argument with comments from doctors etc to be a red herring. After why would the perps use complex anesthetic gasses when there just might be a product that might make you sleep deeper....that was available off off the shelves for £6 ?

Asking friends in the motortrade ideas like brake cleaner are top of the potential list of products that might make you sleep rather well. But I have no technical knowledge to back this up.

Just a thought.

barry

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Or....sleeping pills disolved in water and sprayed through the letter box.

No that wouldn't work, there's no letter boxes in motorhomes. :ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Holts 'easy start'...about £6 a can and widely available

contains Ether...a primative and rather ineffective anaesthetic.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
When the stories first started it was said that it was a can of what we call easystart (laughing gas) as we used to call it, for worn and tired engines that refused to start of a morning but im pretty sure that that stuff smells horrible but dont know how long the smell hangs around

Pappa John beat me

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Holts 'easy start'...about £6 a can and widely available

contains Ether...a primative and rather ineffective anaesthetic.

Just a touch explosive with a spark :Eeek:opp5

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I don't suppose they weren't towing with an A Frame as well?

No seriously, this is a pretext for Bob to mention the size of his RV again in case we forget he's planning to sell it on his return. :ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just a touch explosive with a spark :Eeek:opp5
Yeah ! but it'll make you sleep... permanently :roflmto:

the amount of any gas needed to fill any motorhome, to the point of being so concentrated to be of use, would be enormous.

anyone who's ever had a general anaesthetic knows how crap you feel when you first come round, yet these people didn't even have any symptoms.....and the dog was still alive as well :Eeek:

IT JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN !!!!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Think the old Chateau Cardboard and a bit of Vino Collapso might be the "Gas" involved, It's easy innet? Prop the thing up on the bench, glass under flick the button:winky: 'for you know it three litres down the tube, there you are Bright eyed and bushy tailed, lord of the Universe::bigsmile:

"I don't care what their thinking,
I'm not drunk!
I'm still drinking!"

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back