LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Does anybody have Gap insurance covering there motorhome? If so which is the best company to use?

Andy

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
This could be hard, if you buy a new vehicle and write it off your vehicle insurance wont pay the full amount of what you paid for it, gap insurance pays the difference so you get back the amount you paid i have it on my cars i hope that explained it

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bluemooner

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
John copy and paste this link it will explain it better than i can
Link Removed

Andy

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Of more interest has anyone actually has a good result from Gap insurance:winky:

Geo

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Unles you are with a really good and understanding insurer,they will avoid paying out. Somw will value on the base vehicle and put on a minimal amount for the conversion.
I have GAP as my vehicle was bought new and is only 2 years old. If you have an insurer that knows motorhomes it shouldn't be neccessary,but does one exist?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
This could be hard, if you buy a new vehicle and write it off your vehicle insurance wont pay the full amount of what you paid for it, gap insurance pays the difference so you get back the amount you paid i have it on my cars i hope that explained it

Andy

Thanks Andy

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Unles you are with a really good and understanding insurer,they will avoid paying out. Somw will value on the base vehicle and put on a minimal amount for the conversion.
I have GAP as my vehicle was bought new and is only 2 years old. If you have an insurer that knows motorhomes it shouldn't be neccessary,but does one exist?

Yes - GJH's insurer.

No they didn't settle for the price of a brand spanking new one, but it was a very acceptable amount for its age and condition and if you put the premiums you would have spent over the years on top, then there probably wouldn't be all that much difference. Motorhomes aren't like cars - ie you buy brand new, you drive it off the forecourt and before you've driven 100 yds you've already lost 10%.

I don't actually know what the rate of 'deflation' is with them on average - could someone else comment on that?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back