Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
ex transit ambulance
Exp
I'm a newbie
Having just acquired a somewhat ancient vehicle I am anxious to make sure I have some reliable (and hopefully reasonably priced) breakdown assistance cover in place before we embark on our first adventure. What do people recommend?

wolly

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
ripon n yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
40 plus motorhoming and tugin
Having just acquired a somewhat ancient vehicle I am anxious to make sure I have some reliable (and hopefully reasonably priced) breakdown assistance cover in place before we embark on our first adventure. What do people recommend?

GEM motoring assist 0500 295 472.0845 964 5505.01342 825 676 about £80 00 a year and you and your spouse are coverd in any vehicle.if you put gem on google you will get all the imfo you need.i have been with them for years.hope it helps you.

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome Tadpole :thumb:ADAC PLUS about £73 ish
Has your van got the v6 lump in ? our first Ambulance was that shape - did not take long to swap to Diesel ::bigsmile:The one below is our present Ambulance
Link Removed
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009

Hi Tadpole, I am with ADAC (German motoring organization), costs about 98 euro's per year for ADAC Partner+ which covers you and your partner all over Europe and personal cover and not vehicle cover, also no limit on age of vehicle also covers you for various things in the USA!!!!!!!!. Don't think you will get better cover for value for money, as many many other things that ADAC cover that other breakdown company's do not. Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Upvote 0

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
If you are in the UK only then then:

C&CC (RAC)
Link Removed

CC Mayday (Green Flag)
Link Removed

Both have no age or weight limits. Otherwise ADAC- but beware the height limit if you have a topbox like us ....

Cheers

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If you are in the UK only then then:

C&CC (RAC)
Link Removed

CC Mayday (Green Flag)
Link Removed

Both have no age or weight limits. Otherwise ADAC- but beware the height limit if you have a topbox like us ....

Cheers
Be aware that you have to be a member of either CC,/C&CC all of the time you need cover :Eeek: Last yr I asked the question to the RAC that my C&CC membership would expire after 3 months and I was not intending to renew.They said it was OK as it was in place on renewal WRONG- :Eeek: It was only after asking for it in writing (at Geo's suggestion :winky::thumb:)that they rang me and said no member no recovery :Eeek::Doh:but they would offer roadside assistance--my vehicle is 4.2 ton so above there normal 3.5 t limit
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tadpole

tadpole

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
ex transit ambulance
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi and welcome Tadpole :thumb:ADAC PLUS about £73 ish
Has your van got the v6 lump in ? our first Ambulance was that shape - did not take long to swap to Diesel ::bigsmile:The one below is our present Ambulance
Link Removed
terry

Ours has the 2.5 diesel and doesn't look anything like as well converted as yours! Still we have only had it a few days and I already have plenty of ideas to improve it

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tadpole

tadpole

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
ex transit ambulance
Exp
I'm a newbie
Has anyone had any experience of 2gether for this kind of cover? They seem very cheap quoting me £45 for UK cover including roadside assistance, local recovery, homestart, overnight accommodation etc and they aren't bothered about the age of the vehicle

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Has anyone had any experience of 2gether for this kind of cover? They seem very cheap quoting me £45 for UK cover including roadside assistance, local recovery, homestart, overnight accommodation etc and they aren't bothered about the age of the vehicle

That sounds good for the money but I would clarify in writing because it says m/h upto 26ft but in the not covered it says --not covered--any camper van or any vehicle converted to living accommodation ? -sorry it will not let me copy and paste the relevant bit
terry
PS ADAC COVERS YOU IN ANY VEHICLE:winky:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tadpole

tadpole

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH