Spybot S&D slow to start (1 Viewer)

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi,

If your version of Spybot S&D is similar to mine you may be having problems with it taking a very long time to start from the desktop icon, if you are haveing the same problem you may be interested that Spybot have a fix for the slow starting problem in version 1.5 and it can be found at the link below

Safer Networking Forums

Hope that helps

Brian

Harley Dave

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Overton, Hants
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
<1
This is the appropriate text from the link

"Spybot-S&D 1.5 has quite a lot of advantages over version 1.4: improved compatibility, more effective detections and new functions. Between all the positive feedback we received, there were also some things that needed to be improved: the immunization sometimes needed to be applied twice before sticking, many users wanted the file shredder back, and it was impossible to remove entries from the user blacklist in the Internet Explorer plugin. But first of all, we apologize for the long starting time of Spybot-S&D 1.5.1 to all users. This item has been fixed now in this new version 1.5.2.
We are convinced that you will work with the best Spybot ever: Spybot-S&D 1.5.2 has all advantages, but no handicaps over all previous versions!

Throughout the next days our partners and ourselves will provide you with version 1.5.2. This version will also be available through the integrated update within the next days."

Basically if you just download updates as usual - all will be well

I have used SpyBot for years now and I find it excellent

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Hi, Bryan

Sorry, the actual web address is ttp://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=19702 you need to put a h on the front end of this address and if you paste it into the address bar hopefully it will work

Is there an easier way to type in a web address without it making an automatic link ??just for future reference

Hope that works, by the way i do regular updates and it still was slow to start, but with the download its better, it dosen't leave you wondering if its going to start or not ??

Brian
Hi Brian...

Link does not work :Sad:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
How did you get it to work from a link ?? and have you used it ?

Hi,

Just pasted the complete url into the post, our new software creates the text hyperlink.

No never used it - I use zonealarm internet security suite, it's got a/v and spyware tools built in.

OP
OP
E

Enodreven

xMember
Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Thanks Bryan

I thought that was what i had done, i just copied the address from the address bar and pasted it into the text, but something obviously went wrong, sorry I will try to test out the links before i post in future

Brian

Hi,

Just pasted the complete url into the post, our new software creates the text hyperlink.

No never used it - I use zonealarm internet security suite, it's got a/v and spyware tools built in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back