Them bloomin flies (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I'm sure this has been asked before but can't find it. We have a bit of a long trip coming up and although the MH will be gleaming before we set off I'm sure by the time we get to the middle of France it will have a few flies on it. What is the best method for getting them off ? At home I have ladders, different mop headsetc. Won't be taking all that with me, just an extending mop.:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Sorry to be flippant Gordan... it is an illness of mine...

but my solution is to leave them... after a while my Wagon gets so dusty, dirty and covered with flies that it all becomes part of the overall "ambience" of the vehicle...

this policy saves me a lot of time and effort and greatly reduces the chances of it being nicked... the thieves don't watch to catch any obscure illnesses...:ROFLMAO:

I do however visit a car wash just prior to the MOT of course... :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

PS... serious suggestion... try cleaning them off as soon as possible after you have murdered them before rigor mortis sets in and they get stuck on properly...

Last edited:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
some people put wide catering cling film over the luton before travelling then pull it off when they arrive on site complete with all the flies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
If you are worried take a large cloth and extending brush, dampen cloth place over flies and this should shift them.

Or better still follow JJ's advice, and wait till you get home.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I have heard of clingfilm being used aswell on the overcab area - as that is the hardest to reach and clean

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
I find if you use a good quality polish before you leave, then they will wash off with just cold water.. simples:Smile:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
If you are worried take a large cloth and extending brush, dampen cloth place over flies and this should shift them.

Or better still follow JJ's advice, and wait till you get home.

Advice? Yeah right , he just found himself an automatic cleaner ... he just says "ribbit ribbit" and then, a stupid , (but good climber) frog shows up , gets on his Van's roof (at least on the hymer's one) and clean it !!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Now can You English explain why when you say ribbit ribbit , a frog shows up ... I would have though it was some kind of yorshire accent to say RABBIT .... :getmecoat:

Frankie:Blush:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Advice? Yeah right , he just found himself an automatic cleaner ... he just says "ribbit ribbit" and then, a stupid , (but good climber) frog shows up , gets on his Van's roof (at least on the hymer's one) and clean it !!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Now can You English explain why when you say ribbit ribbit , a frog shows up ... I would have though it was some kind of yorshire accent to say RABBIT .... :getmecoat:

Frankie:Blush:

"when you say ribbit ribbit.....I would have though it was some kind of yorshire accent to say RABBIT"

:Eeek:NOT IN YORKSHIRE...SITHIE NOW..... NOWT SAID LIKE THAT IN YORKSHIRE AWD LUV we speak proper English up north:Doh:..............Nar if thars talking abart... "Rabbit".........Rabbit is what thar gets art when thar put's thar ferret darn a hole for thar dinner, like Rabbit stew or pie....or what thar trains thar whippet or greyhound with:Doh::Doh: :Smile:....Try DUTCH...DOUBLE DUTCH:ROFLMAO:

Mel
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Cher Frankie

Ribit Ribit is actually what English (and Australian) frogs actually say when they speak to us. So it makes perfect sense to say that, in the hope a frog will hear you and arrive.

Most Frogs on the other hand, just say " 'jour m'sieur/m'dame " - to us anyway. (unless of course " 'soir m'sieur/m'dame " is more appropriate !)

HTH

Genevieve et Pierre

:ROFLMAO:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Cher Frankie

Ribit Ribit is actually what English (and Australian) frogs actually say when they speak to us. So it makes perfect sense to say that, in the hope a frog will hear you and arrive.

Most Frogs on the other hand, just say " 'jour m'sieur/m'dame " - to us anyway. (unless of course " 'soir m'sieur/m'dame " is more appropriate !)

HTH

Genevieve et Pierre

:ROFLMAO:

Eh???????

Lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread